You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Rot-Weiß Erfurt v Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Who will go past the first round ?

Surprise, Surprise, Erfurt ?
14%
Easy win for Bayern ?
71%
Bayern win after drama penalty shootout ?
14%

Total votes : 7

Rot-Weiß Erfurt v Bayern Munich

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:40 am

DFB German Cup Round 1

Venue: Thuringia

Time: 20:30 CET

Unavailable: Toni, Ribery, Borowski, Sosa, Breno, Demichelis, Butt, Sagnol
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Bayern just have to win this match. There should be no excuses.

Injury list updated.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:55 pm

Yes, they HAVE TO win this match :!:

List of Channels broadcasting the match live.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:14 pm

I hope we won't have to cope with the teasing and such, Bayern have to win today. I think it'll go to extra time though, so I voted for the penalty shootout thing as it seemed closest.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernRtheBest » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:51 am

wow 4-3... i have a feeling this isnt a good sign. I think its going to be a tough season.
BayernRtheBest

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:18 am

BayernRtheBest wrote:wow 4-3... i have a feeling this isnt a good sign. I think its going to be a tough season.

Well, it's not what you call a satisfactory result, but remember we had a lot of players missing today and a tough pre-season too, after all that training in pre-season you have to expect the games at the beginning of the season to be tough.

For some reason, I think that the season will be tough though. Wolfsburg and Dortmund show promise this season, I just hope Bayern can come out on top. However, Klinsmann himself said that we'll be focusing on the CL. I expect us to reach semi-finals in that, and hopefully go on to win it.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:26 am

Lower teams always rise above themselves and give their best against bigger teams especially against Bayern. The first round of last year was the same, actually it was worst since they were pushed to a penalty shootout. So don't worry, against Bundesliga teams it will be totally different.

Game Highlights
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:06 pm

I didn't see the game, but it looked pretty wacky from the highlights. Letting in 3 goals is worrying, but the fact that we came right back at them each time is definitely encouraging. I'm glad Poldi and Klose scored, as much as I don't want to see Toni on the bench when he's fit, if the other two are scoring then there's no argument. (Similar to Poldi's situation at the beginning of last season.) I'm not too worried, we're through, and now the players have seen where they need to improve. Last season's Pokal opener was worse, followed by a great statement of intent in the first Bundesliga match. Let's hope for the same this year.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:08 pm

what's worrying is that the same weaknesses from last season are still there :!: :!: , i dont know if its the coach fault or the boards fault that they havent been dealt with :?:
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:28 pm

We'll just have to hope Toni gets back in shape, he hasn't scored a single goal since Bayern's last game of the 2007-08 season as far as I know. :(
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:28 am

I think our defense had open spaces as big as Autobahnen where Rot WEiss Efurt players ran through freely. I hope Demichelis put order in the backline when he comes back.

Again Phillip Lahm surpassed all expectations in offense while he disappointed in defense

Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby shwas55 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:57 pm

Again Phillip Lahm surpassed all expectations in offense while he disappointed in defense

I agree... I wonder if klinsi should play him in a differnet position.... midfield maybe, lahm is so creative
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Jorge » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:49 pm

shwas55 wrote:

I agree... I wonder if klinsi should play him in a differnet position.... midfield maybe, lahm is so creative

He is so creative, has pace and outstanding dribbling skills, then he gets outpaced and dribbled by opponents with no response to somebody else’s creativity. Several years ago I thought these problems would disappear as he gained more experience, then at 2006 WC he did very well covering his flank defensively, he made open runs only he felt he was covered, lately he has gotten so much confidence in his offensive skills that he somehow has neglected his defensive role, and IMO a left or right back assignment starts with securing his area defensively, then it comes the offensive part.

As for moving him up to the midfield I am inclined to believe it will not work, some players need to see the whole field in front of them otherwise they do not perform as well. I can find the same example easily: Roberto Carlos, after consolidating with Palmeiras as the best Left Back in Brazil he made the move to Europe and went to Inter. When Roy Hodgson –then Inter’s coach- tried him a few times as a left back he said: “This guy will never make it in Italy as a defender, but he is one of the best left wingers in the world, from then on Roberto Carlos was a disappointing and disappointed midfielder who found himself only after he moved to Madrid the next year to play in his natural position for a decade. Today, still many –including myself- have mixed feelings when it is claimed that he is the best left back ever, offensively he is right there, defensively no, by far.

In the case of Lahm he is at the highest level offensively and keeps improving everyday, defensively I believe Bayern’s staff needs to work closely with him, if he improves just a bit he can be one of the best in the world.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Return to DFB-Pokal