You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-10-25] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 pm

RasenBallsport Leipzig will win inside 90 minutes
9%
RasenBallsport Leipzig will win after extra time
No votes
RasenBallsport Leipzig will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
9%
Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
82%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2017-10-25] RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich

Postby Effenberg777 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:35 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
SilverX wrote:I personally liked the new youngster. He almost had a hell of a debut if that ball had gone in. He showed fight , which we all like to see.

Hope he sticks around and get a few more min.
This.
Exactly , he showed that he is a fighter... I prefer 11 fighters rather than fancy ballerinas... who just raise their arms while their opponent is dribbling past them

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

bailandoooo bailandoooo
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby SilverX » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:35 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:Some of you need to realize the dude is already 23.

Doesn't matter. If someone is willing to fight and put in the work. What does it matter if they are 16 or 23?

Some might not get their chance until later. And that's ok, in my opinion.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:39 pm

SilverX wrote:

Doesn't matter. If someone is willing to fight and put in the work. What does it matter if they are 16 or 23?

Well, he played very well in the 3.Liga and the 3.Liga isn't actually that much worse than the Bundesliga. However, he's much less a young talent and much more a finished product who very well might be good enough to be a permanent backup striker for us.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Pelin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:27 pm

First off, Rb Leipzig defended pretty well by not giving any space and their pressing was amazing. Second off, We have some problems with midfield, We had problems with second balls, as well as controlling the midfield and lacked creativity despite having 3vs 2 in midfield. Thereby, l think the problem was Tolisso and shape of the midfield.

Coman looked so tired and selfish. Boateng needs more games to return his best self. We missed Müller so much. This game showed us that Martinez as destroyer is much better than Vidal. l hope Jupp will try Vidal at trequartista,where he did pretty well with Chile NT.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Roonzil » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Manchu wrote:
SilverX wrote:

Well, he played very well in the 3.Liga and the 3.Liga isn't actually that much worse than the Bundesliga. However, he's much less a young talent and much more a finished product who very well might be good enough to be a permanent backup striker for us.

Even though it's unlikely, never underestimate the potential of a late bloomer (Rudy, Vardy, Mertens)... :wink:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:32 pm

Manchu wrote:Well, he played very well in the 3.Liga and the 3.Liga isn't actually that much worse than the Bundesliga.

:-s
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Manchu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:23 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
Manchu wrote:Well, he played very well in the 3.Liga and the 3.Liga isn't actually that much worse than the Bundesliga.

:-s

Well, if you want me to make a detailed argument about this, I can, but I must warn you it is heavily based on goalimpact, so you might not like it. The gist of it is that, for unknown reasons that might have something to do with the German youth system, talent isn't as hierarchically distributed in the German football pyramid as might be expected. There are an unusual number of players who "should" be playing in the Bundesliga who are instead playing in the 2.Bundesliga or the 3.Liga, and some teams are unusually strong. There are about 2 teams each in the 3.Liga and the 2.Bundesliga who, based on player quality, would be expected to finish mid-table in the Bundesliga, and maybe 6 more in each who would probably survive relegation(although they would have to fight for it). All the teams in both league, except Werder Bremen II, would be expected to survive relegation in Ligue 1, Serie A, and even La Liga(because lower table Spanish clubs are as bad as the upper table ones are good). Obviously, the level of coaching and faculties is not necessarily there in the 2.Bundesliga or 3.Liga to compete at that level, but it would be an interesting experiment to see one of those teams play within those leagues.

However, this talent tends to be distributed equitably within the two leagues, so it is hard for it get out through promotion. This results in a large, untapped pool of good players running around the German second and third divisions who are good enough to play in any first division in the world.

If you want, I can post goalimpact tables that corroborate what I'm saying, but I think the best evidence is the number of players who have come out of lower division sides and proven their worth. Guido Burgstaller, Max Kruse, Alessandro Schöpf, Fin Bartels, and Michael Hefele all came out of lower division sides and have shown their worth in the best leagues in the world.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:43 am

What did you guys see in Wriedt? His header from which he almost scored was the ONLY good thing he did. The rest ranged from average to pretty bad. At one point he tried running the ball and lost control of it. It was like watching myself trying to play football. That looked extremely amateurish.

I don't know. I really wanted him to succeed and got really excited with that header, but then I realized his level is nowhere near close to the level required to play for Bayern. I hope he proves me wrong.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:17 am

Jesus Christ... it was his first steps with the first team... vs on of the best German teams, in an important match , and in the extra time ... so in a stress moment of the match.

What's up with people these days? where have the values of patience and to give others a chance gone?
Unbelievable,,,
As if for eg Coman was amazing us with his super skills from day one!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 am

ramsej84 wrote:Jesus Christ... it was his first steps with the first team... vs on of the best German teams, in an important match , and in the extra time ... so in a stress moment of the match.

What's up with people these days? where have the values of patience and to give others a chance gone?
Unbelievable,,,
As if for eg Coman was amazing us with his super skills from day one!

So it's OK to be excited despite them being "his first steps with the first team" but one can't be disappointed? Also, being unable to run in a straight line with the ball at your feet has nothing to do with the opponent. It can be put down to only 2 things: excitement or lack of skill.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Zigehh » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:50 am

Btw does anyone know what was going on with Jupp. He missed the first minutes of the second half and he clearly had something in his nose to stop something coming out (hopefully not blood :)). And he looked kind of tired sitting there on the bench when the camera showed him a few times.
I'm worried if he can handle the stress and the pressure this job brings...
Zigehh
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby longeleven » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 am

Yes, nose blood. I don't know his medical condition but nose blood is nothing serious from what I've know.
longeleven
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:19 am

Pelin wrote:First off, Rb Leipzig defended pretty well by not giving any space and their pressing was amazing. Second off, We have some problems with midfield, We had problems with second balls, as well as controlling the midfield and lacked creativity despite having 3vs 2 in midfield. Thereby, l think the problem was Tolisso and shape of the midfield.

Coman looked so tired and selfish. Boateng needs more games to return his best self. We missed Müller so much. This game showed us that Martinez as destroyer is much better than Vidal. l hope Jupp will try Vidal at trequartista,where he did pretty well with Chile NT.

You know as long as we're going to carry on with that Vidal-Tolisso-Thiago midfield due to injuries (hopefully not for long), switching Vidal and Thiago's roles might make it work more smoothly. I like that idea.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 am

ramsej84 wrote:As if for eg Coman was amazing us with his super skills from day one!

As the self-declared biggest Coman fan on BayernForum, in his first 180 minutes for Bayern, he scored twice and assisted one more. :coffee:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Zigehh wrote:Btw does anyone know what was going on with Jupp. He missed the first minutes of the second half and he clearly had something in his nose to stop something coming out (hopefully not blood :)). And he looked kind of tired sitting there on the bench when the camera showed him a few times.
I'm worried if he can handle the stress and the pressure this job brings...

Maybe he partied late with Vidal and Co. I read things have gotten rough in those places.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal