You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby Korab » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:37 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:
Korab wrote:I know I'm crazy but it would very good for Bayern to get eliminated from the Pokal. There would be no other way for Bayern to regain its image than winning CL. Additional plus - not so many games in a week, better preparation for CL campaign which is the most important. CL champions first, BL champions second, Pokal the third.

Is not a good news to get eliminated from pokal, but is a bad news to reach to semis or final and not win it, because it means bayern waste energy.

I prefer to eliminate all the contenders right now, in order to have a second half of the season an easy quarterfinal, semifinal and final matchup, that will not bother players minds and legs in the champions league midweek matches.

I think you underestimate BL, if you eliminate Wolfsburg now the rest will be easy? I don't think so and the drain on on energy is enormous if you participate in that competition but it brings some fame if you fail in other tournaments, nobody cares really that Wolfsburg won Pokal but everybody cares about performance against Barca or Real in CL. So if Bayern can handle all of the competition tournaments. I would love it, if not the Pokal is last I would worry about.
Pokal should be competition for team B without exceptions, they should show their worth there.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:45 am

Korab wrote:I think you underestimate BL, if you eliminate Wolfsburg now the rest will be easy?

I said all the contenders, not just Wolfsburg, imagine beating Wolfsburg and then Dortmund.. Our road to Berlin will be more easy then, but it doesnt means that we will secure the title.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby DerKaiser » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:14 am

We still are a much betetr team than wolfsburg. We will win that game and then beat leverkussen the next round and then dortmund...

the more games vs tuff teams we have the better prepared we will be for the CL.
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:21 am

Korab wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:
Korab wrote:I know I'm crazy but it would very good for Bayern to get eliminated from the Pokal. There would be no other way for Bayern to regain its image than winning CL. Additional plus - not so many games in a week, better preparation for CL campaign which is the most important. CL champions first, BL champions second, Pokal the third.

Is not a good news to get eliminated from pokal, but is a bad news to reach to semis or final and not win it, because it means bayern waste energy.

I prefer to eliminate all the contenders right now, in order to have a second half of the season an easy quarterfinal, semifinal and final matchup, that will not bother players minds and legs in the champions league midweek matches.

I think you underestimate BL, if you eliminate Wolfsburg now the rest will be easy? I don't think so and the drain on on energy is enormous if you participate in that competition but it brings some fame if you fail in other tournaments, nobody cares really that Wolfsburg won Pokal but everybody cares about performance against Barca or Real in CL. So if Bayern can handle all of the competition tournaments. I would love it, if not the Pokal is last I would worry about.
Pokal should be competition for team B without exceptions, they should show their worth there.

The Pokal has a rich historical background so one cannot ever underestimate its importance.
Have a look at the line ups each team goes with... The majority of the clubs play with their first XI
For eg. Never heard BVB were going to give Reus / Hummels a rest ...
In England ...the FA Cup at least unt some yrs ago it was deemed more imp than the league...
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:18 am

Guardola has set his goals - win triple this season. All trophies must be won, no excuses! When our coach put marked Pokal as one of targets, then we can't relativize.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Sucks to see one of the two best teams in the cup go out so early.
For the CL this could be kinda good though: if we go out, we will only have to play for two titles, if we go through, we'll have easier opponents in the cup towards the end of the season (when CL gets tough).
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:22 pm

That's a tough draw, but getting rid of them early on is better ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Korab » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:54 pm

In today's commercialized world Pokal is nothing, and I repeat nothing, it's just a case, sanctioned by DFB, that big clubs have to prop up little regional teams and give them some incentives to continue their excellent work for communities, that's all. Otherwise it is useless competition doubling BL.
Instead of Pokal DFB should schedule each of the BL teams to play 10 games with regional teams every year, that would make much more sense to promote football and prop up finances of little clubs. That's my opinion, regardless of history which is not valid anymore nowadays.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Well it depends in how you see it. For the 95% of the clubs in europe, the pokal or domestic cup is like their "champions league" and the unique throphy they can win, because champions league and the domestic league is for few but just few teams.

You are a bayern fan, acceptable to see the pokal as insignificant, but for the majority teams and fans in europe see the cup as their hope of celebrate something.

And in Germany is a perfect example, because bundesliga is almost for just one team.

And me as a bayern fan, the pokal means treble season, we can win the champions league, but without the pokal, bayern cant enter for second time in this special elite group of treble championship team.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Korab » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:24 pm

So you want just to clobber all those 2 hundred $ budget teams to get 1 more silverware. Noble. Why not to invent some other competition where you can get whatever cups you want?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Reinhart » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:44 pm

I like this draw. It's like choosing which questions to start in a test. You do the hard ones first so that you can breeze through the easier ones at the end. I think the boys are hungrier than ever for success this year so they'll still be motivated if they're still on a treble next year.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Reinhart wrote:I like this draw. It's like choosing which questions to start in a test. You do the hard ones first so that you can breeze through the easier ones at the end. I think the boys are hungrier than ever for success this year so they'll still be motivated if they're still on a treble next year.

You actually leave the harder ones for the end, that way if you run out of time before finishing you maximized your score xD
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:15 pm

God please give us those donkeys for next Round.
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:God please give us those donkeys for next Round.

Who are you talking about?

Also, I want a home game (and then order tickets :P :D)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:11 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:God please give us those donkeys for next Round.

Who are you talking about?

Also, I want a home game (and then order tickets :P :D)

Think...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal