You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:33 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's time to give them a taste of their own medicine. Make them come at us, and we'll hit them on counters ourselves. If we have our offensive players in top form we are great at this.

This is what I have been saying all along but as much as I like for this to happen, I am sure that it won't.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:06 pm

MaCk0y wrote:as much as I like for this to happen, I am sure that it won't.

Same here :(
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Payam » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I do not like this one bit. In terms of quality we should win easily, but Gladbach is clearly punching above their weight at the moment (this season, next they'll be dust) and we are for some reason having trouble with teams that play a counter attacking game.

Also, I've noticed that most of our goals, as of late, directly/indirectly come from set pieces and crosses. We are having enormous trouble outpacing our opponents on the ground.
Hopefully we come out of this phase soon, or else there is no chance for us winning anything.

We've already lost five games in the league. How many did we lose the last season we won BL, 3?
On the other hand, the league is much more competitive than it was two years ago.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby tflags » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Why on earth Gladback trashes big teams and looses against bottom table ones is simply boggling.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Our players will want revenge...that is for sure...there is no way they will play so sloppy again...and this is knock-out game so that will make it even more interesting:)

Btw...why do we always play semi finals away from home?...just like that Schalke game...it was really hard:)...but we did almost win tripple that season:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby The Spyware » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Last year we played at Allianz Arena against Schalke and lost in that miserable week
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 am

aaaaa that week [-X
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby es_bih » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 am

We are better than last year, but still got weaknesses. Cant take it lightly... but CL should be priority #1.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am

Yes but if we focus in CL we might end up not winning any title, and that would be a disaster

CL runner ups + No BL + No DFB Cup = Big Fail IMO
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby dambun » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:49 am

I see it this way....
We MUST learn to play against fast counter-attacking football... Or else we won't win anything.... we don't deserve to win anything at all if we can't learn to beat them.....

So it's an opportunity for our team to implement new ideas... new strategies in this game... we should use it.... It'll help us grow as a team... to learn to cope with different tactical situations... not playing similarly against all teams....

There are games like this... like the return game vs. Dortmund... hopefully the final against Dortmund... these games will help us grow as a unit, as an adapting team.... This is necessary if we want to win the CL sometime soon....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby tflags » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Gladback haven't lost a game at home in 14 games, a current record in the Bundesliga.

I'd say it is ABOUT TIME WE STOP SOME ONGOING RECORDS.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Yes, it's time to get this result against them. 3rd battle in this season, I hope it will be a 3rd luck. :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby quaazi » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:27 pm

dambun wrote:So it's an opportunity for our team to implement new ideas... new strategies in this game... we should use it.... It'll help us grow as a team... to learn to cope with different tactical situations... not playing similarly against all teams....

I don't really agree that the team needs to try new things. I'll be blunt and say that Jupp has provided neither the squad rotation or the tactical innovation he promised in the summer. This is his game to prove himself.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:30 pm

quaazi wrote:
dambun wrote:So it's an opportunity for our team to implement new ideas... new strategies in this game... we should use it.... It'll help us grow as a team... to learn to cope with different tactical situations... not playing similarly against all teams....

I don't really agree that the team needs to try new things. I'll be blunt and say that Jupp has provided neither the squad rotation or the tactical innovation he promised in the summer. This is his game to prove himself.

I agree with you on 2 things... I've not seen much of tactical innovation and the rotation factor is too low... On these 2 points I agree completely...

The way I see it, JH has improved 2 things in the team... 1st... His man management skills are certainly better than LvG... As a result we don't face issues like Micho last year... or we don't see any unrest in the team.... 2nd... He values the defensive part of the tactics exactly opposing LvG's philosophy... which is also important, because no team has never won anything ignoring the defensive structure like that....

But I disagree with you on one thing: IMO our team desperately NEEDS to explore other strategies.... you see we have faced great difficulties against physical teams who play fast, or against teams who play counter-attacking style... This is why I believe our team needs to adapt its style against such teams.....

We always play the same when we play such teams... our team takes the initiative and attacks... as a results our defense goes forward and gives the opponent a lot of space... they simply exploit it and score against us... after that we attack more and they hit us harder on the break... We need to change this if we want to finally beat them....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby tflags » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:54 pm

And we have dates. Game vs Gladback shall be on Wednesday the 21st of March at 20.30 CET.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal