You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Re: Official generic DFB-Pokal discussion thread

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:10 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
America USA wrote:These seemingly small errors can have huge consequences, game changing ones. The 2010 WC final is the biggest example of this kinda stuff. The Dutch should’ve had a corner but the fool Howard Webb and his team of assistants gave the Spanish a goal kick and Iniesta scored the winner from that goal kick.

Well, De Jong's kung fu kick on Alonso's chest happened way before that :P

Typical whataboutism.

You’re Spanish so I expected this reply from you.

Yes De Jong should have been sent off. Yes the Dutch were playing a physical game and Yes the Spanish team was more talented. However, the job of the referee is to apply the rules objectively without any thought as to which team “deserves” to win.

That night in Johannesburg if the referees had done their job correctly, De Jong should have been shown a red, Puyol should’ve seen a second yellow (for a foul on Robben I believe), Heitinga should not have been sent off and finally that Spanish goal kick should never have been given. Period. If I remember correctly it was around the 115’ and had the Dutch scored from the corner or managed to keep it 0-0 then they would stand an outside chance in the penalty kicks.

Also if I recollect correctly, the fouls for which the Dutch were getting booked, the Spanish players were getting away with similar stuff. Webb was handing out Yellows to the Dutch like candy but was too reluctant when it cane to the Spaniards.

Again, I didn’t have a dog in that fight but I feel sorry for the Dutch that they lost on account of a dubious decision on the part of the referees that night.

This is also the reason why I am a staunch supporter of VAR. I believe in an objective application of the rules so that people are not discussing the controversy years after the incident.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 am

I'm Spanish but I don't support the NT and I actually wanted Netherlands to win that match because of Robben

But this...

America USA wrote:These seemingly small errors can have huge consequences, game changing ones. The 2010 WC final is the biggest example of this kinda stuff. The Dutch should’ve had a corner but the fool Howard Webb and his team of assistants gave the Spanish a goal kick and Iniesta scored the winner from that goal kick. Today a similar error killed off Bremen with Leverkusen’s fourth goal. Pity.

...is a joke

De Jong should have been sent off in the 25th minute.

There's no way in hell Netherlands would have won that match playing down to 10 men against Spain. They couldn't even do it 11 v 11.

I consider that mistake by Webb far bigger and decisive in the scoreline than the corner kick you are mentioning :?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:28 am

Ylenon if I may ask ... why? Are you Catalan or Basque... ?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:50 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm Spanish but I don't support the NT and I actually wanted Netherlands to win that match because of Robben

But this...

America USA wrote:These seemingly small errors can have huge consequences, game changing ones. The 2010 WC final is the biggest example of this kinda stuff. The Dutch should’ve had a corner but the fool Howard Webb and his team of assistants gave the Spanish a goal kick and Iniesta scored the winner from that goal kick. Today a similar error killed off Bremen with Leverkusen’s fourth goal. Pity.

...is a joke

De Jong should have been sent off in the 25th minute.

There's no way in hell Netherlands would have won that match playing down to 10 men against Spain. They couldn't even do it 11 v 11.

I consider that mistake by Webb far bigger and decisive in the scoreline than the corner kick you are mentioning :?

Fair enough. I accept that the kick was awful but an objective application of the rules is what I’m talking about. Also, in light of today’s Leverkusen-Bremen game the corner discussion is more relevant. When the day comes for dangerous play and the referee screws up we should discuss that Kung fu kick.

Back to the 2010 final, although I was watching that game as a neutral I wanted the Dutch to win because of two reasons. I usually support the underdog and because I wanted that stupid octopus to be proven wrong!
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:53 am

America USA wrote:These seemingly small errors can have huge consequences, game changing ones. The 2010 WC final is the biggest example of this kinda stuff. The Dutch should’ve had a corner but the fool Howard Webb and his team of assistants gave the Spanish a goal kick and Iniesta scored the winner from that goal kick.

That's also NOT true

After that goal kick, Netherlands regained possession and had another attack. Then Elia turned the ball over and that led to Iniesta's goal.

So that corner kick argument is laughable.

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:37 am

YlonenXabi wrote:

That's also NOT true

After that goal kick, Netherlands regained possession and had another attack. Then Elia turned the ball over and that led to Iniesta's goal.

So that corner kick argument is laughable.

What if Robben or Sneijder had delivered a good corner and Van Bommel or Van Persie had scored from the corner? The corner kick argument is pretty legit but not to a Spaniard of course :roll:
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:29 am

No true fan of Die Mannschaft wants the durch to win anything - ever!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

[2018-02-11] Bayern Munich vs ??? — DFB-Pokal draw

Postby MatchBot » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:29 am

DFB-Pokal semi-finals draw
DFB-Pokal semi-finals draw
Competition: DFB-Pokal (German Cup)
Venue: German Football Museum, Dortmund

Who do FC Bayern play in the semi-final of the DFB-Pokal? The draw will be televised on ARD's Sportschau, broadcast on free-to-air channel Das Erste.
MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:29 am

There's really absolutely no way to say what would have happened had De Jong been sent off. It might have been a similar game, or maybe Spain would have won by 4.

I was a bit indifferent about that game but wanted Spain to win for the first and last time
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:39 am

#12 wrote:No true fan of Die Mannschaft wants the durch to win anything - ever!

Disowned..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:33 pm

I was rooting for the Dutch (Robben) like crazy!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I was rooting for the Dutch (Robben) like crazy!

I was supporting Netherlands because:
1. They were serious underdogs going into the final.
2. Robben (Bayern) and Van Persie (Arsenal) were on the Dutch team.
3. Wanted that silly Octopus prediction shit to be proven to be the superstitious drivel that it was! :evil:
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:07 am

If any of you fine gentlemen (or ladies) go on further off topic I promise De Jong’s Kung Fu kick is going to look like child’s play next to my banning.

Spoiler: show
Having said that the biggest injustice here is b!tch never got a black belt. :evil:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Ylenon if I may ask ... why? Are you Catalan or Basque... ?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

He said once here he isn't Basque. He's from Madrid, now his real origin and roots, I can only guess it's Asturian. :)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCB general » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Last night when I came home I saw the comments on the Facebook offical Bayern page(in German language) and when they asked fans who'd they like to get in the semis, practically all said Schalke.

I guess I'm the only one who wants Neverkusen. I'd rather knock them out before the final and then enjoy in the final against Schalke. Eintracht are also here, but I'm not sure whether I'd like to face them in the semifinal or final.

DFB Pokal Finale vs Schalke is something I'd always watch, regardless of their current form and squad situation.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal