You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-02-12] Hamburger SV vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Hamburger SV will go through to the next round
No votes
Bayern Munich will go through to the next round
100%

Total votes : 18

Re: [2014-02-12] Hamburger SV vs Bayern Munich

Postby Badger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 am

SouthernStar wrote:Can anyone find and post a good extended highlights? I was really sick this morning and couldn't watch the game :(

Why not subscribe to FCB.tv for Eu36 per year, and get the whole match and highlights for the majority of matches, including this one?
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Badger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 am

It seems to me as if there’s a time to analyse and a time to enjoy, and this game against Hamburg was one of the ones to enjoy. Indeed, Hamburg were such weak opposition that they were no great challenge, and any analysis we might make would be fairly inconclusive.

So, I enjoyed the game. It was great to see Schweinsteiger return, and to see him play very well too. It was great to see Kroos back, and to see him, Goetze and Thiago playing well together. It was great to see what Goetze can do as a winger. It was great to see Mandzukic get a hat-trick. And it was great to see the team so dominant – must have been somewhere around 80% possession.

It was a pleasant night to be a Bayern fan.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby AdepT » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 am

So Mandzu gets his first hat-trick for Bayern and I was asleep. Took a nap and woke 5 hours later. The match was at 1.30am.

I'll download and watch it in evening.

One question to those who watched :- How was Basti? Will he be able to play vs Arsenal?
Also, I checked Lahm was subbed out which means Basti is still a no-go at 6 or does Pep intend to deploy Lahm at RB directly without giving him a run out there again?

How was Marti as a CB?

Also, looks like Mueller will be starting from bench vs Arsenal. Mandzu at ST, Robben at RW and probably Goetze at LW.

Shed some light people. :)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:34 am

AdepT wrote:1.One question to those who watched :- How was Basti? Will he be able to play vs Arsenal? 2.How was Marti as a CB?
1.He was decent,he put some challenges,some great passes,he looked very well but the game was 3-0 so you can't say much but he looked in great shape,I'd like to see him as a starter in the next game for more conclusions,about Arsenal we can't say yet.
2.Martinez made just one foolish mistake but nothing to worry about,he looked... well OK I suppose,it's just the weak opponent and the bad timing(already over) so we can't rate our subs fully yet.

Glad to see them both back in a good shape,everything else will take their path,their great players so I'm not worried,they way I see it they just need some time aka game practice,that's all.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Badger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:36 am

AdepT wrote:So Mandzu gets his first hat-trick for Bayern and I was asleep. Took a nap and woke 5 hours later. The match was at 1.30am.

I'll download and watch it in evening.

One question to those who watched :- How was Basti? Will he be able to play vs Arsenal?
Also, I checked Lahm was subbed out which means Basti is still a no-go at 6 or does Pep intend to deploy Lahm at RB directly without giving him a run out there again?

How was Marti as a CB?

Also, looks like Mueller will be starting from bench vs Arsenal. Mandzu at ST, Robben at RW and probably Goetze at LW.

Shed some light people. :)

Well, although I claimed earlier that I didn’t think it was a game that merited much analysis, your questions have hit on some things that I did take notice of and was intending to look out for in forthcoming games.

Up until now, playing Goetze, Thiago and Kroos together has never seemed to deliver to the potential that it should. The main problem seemed to be with Kroos and Thiago, who play very different games, but would both like to work as playmakers, central to most of the action. Side by side, and without actually playing badly, they have seemed to cancel each other out a bit at times. Last night, Guardiola scored a three-in-one. Firstly, he got Kroos to play a little deeper, which gave Thiago the freedom he needs. Secondly, Goetze shone as a winger, showing that, if Shaqiri doesn’t make the grade, he can fill Ribery’s boots when the time comes. Thirdly, playing Kroos deeper gave support to Schweinsteiger in defensive midfield when he came on, thus avoiding overstretching the returning player on his comeback in that challenging role.

Schweinsteiger played quite well – not looking rusty at all – so whether he plays against Arsenal will probably be more a matter of his fitness and Pep’s tactics on the night.

Martinez had a good game in central defence, but he still needs to deliver a convincing performance as a central defender against good, pacey opposition before he can be regarded as a good choice for that position.

And, as I’ve stated in my earlier post and repeated here, Hamburg were so weak that some of this analysis remains inconclusive until proven in future games, but the tactics did give an idea of the direction things may be heading.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MoFattal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 am

Badger wrote:So, I enjoyed the game.

You should put that as your signature ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal