You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-05-21] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
54%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
15%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
8%
Borussia Dortmund will win on penalties
8%
Borussia Dortmund will win after extra time
8%
Borussia Dortmund will win inside 90 minutes
8%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2016-05-21] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:13 am

After last game I won't lose sleep if Lewa goes...
OK I am ready for a wk ban8-)

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Sun May 22, 2016 7:34 am

Kinda fitting that Pep's last match would end in penalties. Drama until the end. :P
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Sun May 22, 2016 8:04 am

I wonder how much the fine will be for Dortmund. In full view of Watzke and their DFB president.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby #12 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:49 am

ottackon wrote:Two domestic doubles, three CL 1/2 appearances = Pep's era was a success.

We're not supposed to discuss him, so I'll do so when it will be allowed again...
So let me just say here that it was successFUL - but not a success, and that there's a difference... ;)

Meanwhile: I think we deserved to win... Ribéry will probably never learn , the ref sucked ass (Vidal-penalty, Costa-goal denied advantage, and many smaller scenes where he didn't show yellows or just generally made the wrong decision...)

Whatever: Doublesieger 2016!!!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:50 am

Btw: is there any interest in and a thread for pics? I'd be happy to show you some...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 22, 2016 11:11 am

I'm not sure but we might have had one... You can post them here too if you want. I'm sure many of us would love to see them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:14 am

I think people will appreciate pep 7-8 years down the line..then they will understand that winning week in week out is no mean feat..I was also a Pep hater but then I saw manchester city in 2014-15..when they started losing matches against swansea and newcastle with a team having yaya,aguero,silva ,kompany et al..then i realise winning week in week out against nurnberg and bremen is not a given...and started appreciating him.. then I saw chelsea in 2015-16..
In all probability we will be seeing such a time very soon when we are not winning when we expect...maybe as soon as next season..so I know those who disagree will still find an argument to disagree..but deep down they know very well what I am saying..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Argeta » Sun May 22, 2016 11:39 am

prasun77 wrote:I think people will appreciate pep 7-8 years down the line..then they will understand that winning week in week out is no mean feat..I was also a Pep hater but then I saw manchester city in 2014-15..when they started losing matches against swansea and newcastle with a team having yaya,aguero,silva ,kompany et al..then i realise winning week in week out against nurnberg and bremen is not a given...and started appreciating him.. then I saw chelsea in 2015-16..
In all probability we will be seeing such a time very soon when we are not winning when we expect...maybe as soon as next season..so I know those who disagree will still find an argument to disagree..but deep down they know very well what I am saying..

Carlo went unbeaten 22 games in a row at Madrid, I hope that will happen here too.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 22, 2016 11:52 am

The first time I saw Costa with a Bayern shirt I remember that I told my friends

"I don't trust this guy at all. There's something with his face. He looks like the kind of player that will miss the decisive penalty in a shootout"

Luckily I was wrong lol
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 22, 2016 12:15 pm

I was very surprised to see Costa go for the last penalty, rather than Lahm.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun May 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Heh, from the 80th minute onwards I was convinced we would lose via a late goal or penalty shootout because we had been the completely dominant team and losing those games is a given. :mrgreen:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sun May 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Aaaand it is over. He's gone. And with him; tears. How ironic can life get? A recent column said he walks out with titles but not love when in fact he walks out without titles - as their are the club's - and a broken heart. If he wasn't loved, he certainly loved his team back. The same column also said the leather (in the lederhosen) didn't really adhered to his skin.

Those tears speak volumes otherwise.

I really find it funny how some people think they can tell what others are feeling just by looking at them. Yesterday showed how ridiculous that line of thought can be. It was also fitting he walked out without a win but with a tie, decided in his favour by something as trivial as a penalty shutout. It goes to show you can never be the best. It shows life is tricky, and luck can be a bitch.

It also showed we are in for a tough ride. Dortmund was simply chaotic on attack, and brilliant in midfield. Bayern had to resort to two of the best defensive performances by Kimmich and Vidal to make them full stop.

This is one of the best Dortmunds ever. IN. JUST. ONE. SEASON.

With a dismal performance by Reus, contracted heavily by his defensive contribution, applause at the other side of the aisle went on to The Greek, The Twin and The Miracle Worker. Sokratis' work on Lewandowski, Bender's midfield invasion and Tuchel's build up pressing and midfield expansion speak volumes as what we can expect next.

There's only one thing to stop them even before they start: The transfer season. Tuchel, like it or not, is rising.

Anyhow bad performances by Ribéry, Lewandowski and a not so high up there Alaba have to be weighted in by those just mentioned before and of course Lahm. He has got to be the most underrated players of his generation.

So, what is the conclusion? Do we love him or do we hate him? Do we go for what we want or do we go for what we need? We need the Bundesliga, we want the CL?

Don't we?

Tactically this IS one of the more flexible Bayerns ever. It is, however, IMPOSSIBLE to answer one of the most difficult questions in our lifetime: How much did Bayern's drive in 2013 made Heyncke's gegenpressing - taken with a twist from Dortmund - the best team ever to beat the best team ever? There's no answer to that. As there's no answer as to what we are left with. Not until you don't have it.

Some years ago - many many years ago - we were supposed to give a speech about something personal. Half of the female population spoke of bulimia, I don't know what the men said as it got boring as hell; and then one guy spoke about his color blindness.

He said that when people asked him how he felt about not being able to distinguish one color from another he said he always replied with the same thing: He once asked a friend: "How do you like your red Ferrari?" His friend replied: "I don't know, I never had one."

What does color blindness and red Ferraris have to do with winning and tactical maneuvers on a football pitch? Nothing, It just made me realize how lucky I was to be able to distinguish between different colors.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 22, 2016 1:01 pm

tflags wrote:It also showed we are in for a tough ride. Dortmund was simply chaotic on attack, and brilliant in midfield. Bayern had to resort to two of the best defensive performances by Kimmich and Vidal to make them full stop.

This is one of the best Dortmunds ever. IN. JUST. ONE. SEASON.

This. I kept on going about this to my friend during the game. I think it might be time for them to win the league next season, though obviously I'm hoping not.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Last night Sokratis had one of the best defensive performances I've seen in the past season.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Sun May 22, 2016 1:20 pm

I think for Dortmund, the biggest transfer dealing they will do over the summer is keeping hold of Tuchel. He has managed to transfer Dortmund in to a formidable force, all in just one season, he has made them, arguably better than Klopps Dortmund, their win percentage this season is amazing (73.47%) when you consider Bayerns is at 77.36%.

Listening to interviews over the season from Tuchel, and just seeing how his team play, I put him down as one of the future greats, and one who has a lot in common with Pep, who is wildly considered the best in the game. Tuchels attention to detail is that of Guardiola, and he will have learned an awful lot from Pep in these three games.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal