You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-01] Eintracht Braunschweig vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Which team will progress to the next round?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Bayern Munich
100%
Eintracht Braunschweig (what?)
No votes

Total votes : 20

[2011-08-01] Eintracht Braunschweig vs Bayern Munich

Postby AvatarX » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 pm

1st official game of this year is the DFB cup game.

Game will start at 20:30 CET.

Probably we will be without Robbery due to injuries, but of course any other result than a comfortable win some days before BL starts and CL qualification match is strictly prohibited....
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2011-08-01] Eintracht Braunschweig vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 pm

I think Robben may recover in time for the match, but whether or not he would be risked is another thing...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Payam » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 pm

MUTU wrote:I think Robben may recover in time for the match, but whether or not he would be risked is another thing...

The Juppster wrote:I picked my team with very clear intentions: I wanted all the players to appear at some point across the two days. And it was also important to me to draw some conclusions as to how we could play next Monday, given we'll probably have to replace Ribéry and Robben," Heynckes remarked, after making nine changes to the starting line-up. "Braunschweig is the match that matters, because we have to get off to a good start," agreed striker Mario Gomez.

I believe that if there was any chance of him appearing, Heynckes would at least give us some hope of a last minute call up.
Also I've read that Robbens injury is still being looked at from a day to day basis (Goal.com), we've not been given a comeback date as of et either. I wouldn'r count on him. :(
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:12 am

I don't think he will be risked, especially with Kroos, Alaba and Usami emerging as good, viable talents.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby CroCHEF » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:37 am

Its gonna be hard game, they start very well in 2nd Bl (2 win)
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zippy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:49 pm

This is a banana skin waiting to happen. Braunschweig are playing well and will come out guns blazing.
zippy
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:18 pm

MUTU wrote:I think Robben may recover in time for the match, but whether or not he would be risked is another thing...

Heynckes Said that Robben Might Play

And he added that Robben IS NOT GOING TO BE GIVEN SHOTS or painkillers to make him play
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:29 pm

He should be at least in the bench. If we start losing the game I'm not sure if players like Alaba, Usami or Kroos will play well under pressure.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby dambun » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Robben needs to be rested... to be fit for the future... we can't risk getting him more severely injured just because we fear losing to a 2.BL team!

No need to panic... we don't NEED Robben to beat them... Just remember that this is a situation that's quite probable (sadly) to happen during the season... And then we'll need to face BL rivals or CL teams without Robben.... They have started well in 2.BL, right! That's not important... The only thing that matters is that our team is focused on the task... And I have a feeling that some of our reserve players, e.g. Alaba, will be much more dedicated to the job compared to some of our bigger stars...

We should use this opportunity to evaluate some of our backups' performances in a competitive match situation.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MoFattal » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 pm

dambun wrote:Robben needs to be rested... to be fit for the future... we can't risk getting him more severely injured just because we fear losing to a 2.BL team!

No need to panic... we don't NEED Robben to beat them... Just remember that this is a situation that's quite probable (sadly) to happen during the season... And then we'll need to face BL rivals or CL teams without Robben.... They have started well in 2.BL, right! That's not important... The only thing that matters is that our team is focused on the task... And I have a feeling that some of our reserve players, e.g. Alaba, will be much more dedicated to the job compared to some of our bigger stars...

We should use this opportunity to evaluate some of our backups' performances in a competitive match situation.

^ Agreed...

no matter how well they are performing in 2.BL, if we weren't able to beat them without Robben then we are in hell lot of trouble than anyone can imagine.... our substitutes alone should be able to beat them. full stop.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:11 pm

It's going to be much harder than in the last couple of years, Braunschweig are a second division team (already good) and they've started well. I wouldn't be surprised if they take us to extra time or even penalties, but I can't see us losing.

They are in good form, but imo so are we. Sure, we haven't won our last 4 games (not counting penalties), but I think we're playing quite good.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby es_bih » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:25 am

Hey if we lose, then at least we may get a new CB.... could be good.

Honestly could give a s--t about the Cup or Bundesliga this year. As long as we get the Champion's Leage I'd be willling to settle for 3rd again.
es_bih
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby dambun » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:30 pm

Seems we won't have Robben for the pokal match....

My predicted lineup:

----------- Neuer
Rafi - Boat - Bads - Lahm
------ Tymo - Schweini
Mueller -- Kroos -- Alaba
---------- Gomez
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:48 pm

dambun wrote:Seems we won't have Robben for the pokal match....

My predicted lineup:

----------- Neuer
Rafi - Boat - Bads - Lahm
------ Tymo - Schweini
Mueller -- Kroos -- Alaba
---------- Gomez

I like this formation. The real question mark would be Tymo... perhaps he'd play with Luiz Gustavo.
Or perhaps Kroos to partner Schweini in central midfield and playing Usami on the flanks with Mueller as #10?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:58 pm

MUTU wrote:I like this formation. The real question mark would be Tymo... perhaps he'd play with Luiz Gustavo.Or perhaps Kroos to partner Schweini in central midfield and playing Usami on the flanks with Mueller as #10?

Like I said before, I am not convinced with Tymo's performances at CDM lately... But I think Heynckes will prefer him over Gustavo, because he wants to inject some experience potion in the lineup!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Next

Return to DFB-Pokal