You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-01] Eintracht Braunschweig vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Which team will progress to the next round?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Bayern Munich
100%
Eintracht Braunschweig (what?)
No votes

Total votes : 20

Re: [2011-08-01] Eintracht Braunschweig vs Bayern Munich

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Are you guys noticing how good Gustavo is playing, he rarely makes the incorrect move in all the situations, i know Braunschweig is not great opponents to judge on but imo he is playing better than Schweinsteiger for me so far.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MarttiH » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Rafinha is good but it looks like he is VERY aggressive player. If there would be more strict referee, he would be sent off already.
MarttiH
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Lahm on the left is great again :D
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Hmm interesting subs, we playing a 4-3-3 (With Tymo,Schweini,Gustavo) ? Its smart to defend the lead.

But i think this is where the genius is bringing on Pranjic who is arguably our best crosser (maybe Kroos/Rafinha are close) and with Gustavo, Schweini, Gomez, Muller on there we have a lot of receivers for his crosses. I think its a smart tactic that we should use vs midtable BL teams.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Payam » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 pm

We won this match easy enough.

Badstuber= Solid, but made some mistakes in his first touches. Though excellent in his offensive distribution.
Boateng= I don't want to jinx anything, but he was really good today. Made some dramatic last second tackles and saved us on some occasions.
Rafinha and Lahm= Really good, both forward and back, especially Pigdog. :)

Schweinsteiger seemed to play too carefully, in fact, almost all our offensive player chose the safe ball back down instead of trying to dribble, shoot or try some nice combination.
The work of Heynckes? Or just pre season "wehaven'treallygotgoingyet"ness?
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Element » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Did Not Watch it

Spox Named Kroos as man of the match (90% pass Accuracy) and also said that Mueller was Great

also I am Reading here that Rafinha and Boateng did Really Great in Defense
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby armbrust » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:45 pm

My conextion falled in the middle of the game.

Any extended highligths?
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby München Minded » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Payam wrote:We won this match easy enough.

Badstuber= Solid, but made some mistakes in his first touches. Though excellent in his offensive distribution.
Boateng= I don't want to jinx anything, but he was really good today. Made some dramatic last second tackles and saved us on some occasions.
Rafinha and Lahm= Really good, both forward and back, especially Pigdog. :)

Schweinsteiger seemed to play too carefully, in fact, almost all our offensive player chose the safe ball back down instead of trying to dribble, shoot or try some nice combination.
The work of Heynckes? Or just pre season "wehaven'treallygotgoingyet"ness?

Agree. And it is interesting to Note that Hummels on BvB is expected to do offensive distribution -- so if Badstuber cuts out his mistakes, he can be like our Hummels. Boateng is solid, and can improve which would give us 2 great German International CBs!

Rafinha has been great for us over the last few games, he is well worth the transfer. So our defense is looking far better that initially thought, and especially without DvB (should be noted).
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CroCHEF » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:59 pm

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby The Spyware » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:01 pm

Missed the match as always the case of the matches at 20:30 in Ramadan

Nice to read that the team did well ,, We have a very tricky match against Monchengladbach next week Hope that We would be good enogh to beat them
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby tappinho » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:06 pm

I've seen the match, not a great match... Bayern playing the ball slowly all over the pitch, but without magic and without danger. Kroos and Schweini switching positions, quite good movement, but nothing special, really. We've not tested their keeper during the whole 90 minutes, but we've managed to score 3 goals: 2 penalties (both stupid, both against Muller) and 1 'Muller-instinct'. The defense has been quite good today, but we've still experienced some moments of real pressure against a quite minor club.
Basically IMO it's work in progress, the players will be quicker in a couple of weeks and I hope we'll enjoy some good football. The result has been good, so we can wait for Robbery's magic with some calm.
Still missing my dear Deisler...
_____

Neuer mind the Ballacks
tappinho
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Personally most impressed by Boateng, he's really fast and dares to make those edgy tackles that the refs hate but are completely clean.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby walter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:55 pm

tappinho wrote:I've seen the match, not a great match... Bayern playing the ball slowly all over the pitch, but without magic and without danger. Kroos and Schweini switching positions, quite good movement, but nothing special, really. We've not tested their keeper during the whole 90 minutes, but we've managed to score 3 goals: 2 penalties (both stupid, both against Muller) and 1 'Muller-instinct'. The defense has been quite good today, but we've still experienced some moments of real pressure against a quite minor club.
Basically IMO it's work in progress, the players will be quicker in a couple of weeks and I hope we'll enjoy some good football. The result has been good, so we can wait for Robbery's magic with some calm.

I agree with you, tappinho. We really missed the flair and magic brought by either Robben or Ribery (it seems we will get to see very little of both of them playing together) but other than that, we have to keep in mind that 1) Braunschweig were already two games (which they won) into their season coming to face us, so they were already match fit, 2) As expected they played quite defensively, and 3) they had no pressure because nobody was expecting them to win; but heck, after the surprising results over the weekend, our approach to the game was gonna be a cautious one.

I think we are only gonna get better from here.
Last edited by walter on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby dambun » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Overall, it was a good (highly professional) display from our team...

The highlight of the game for me was the solidity and composure in the backline.... We seem to have a functioning defensive structure once again, which is invaluable....

The makes-me-worried part of the match was the fact that we lacked creativity (Maybe I'm wrong and it was our tactical plan)... Our players refused to risk losing the ball and play offensive enough... As a result, we failed to create enough scoring opportunities.... And if it wasn't for Mueller's individual class, we might have faced some problems I'm afraid.... Considering the fact that we might lose both Robbery in a string of matches during the season, this is a pressing matter....

p.s. Where was Usami?... Why not even on the bench? :shock:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 pm

dambun wrote:p.s. Where was Usami?... Why not even on the bench?

He was not in the Squad Because of "The lack of Fitness"
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal