You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-03-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
5%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
95%

Total votes : 20

[2012-03-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby MatchBot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich
Competition: DFB-Pokal (German Cup)
Venue: Stadion im Borussia-Park, Mönchengladbach

In the German Cup semifinal, FC Bayern will be seeking revenge against Borussia Mönchengladbach, winners of both Bundesliga matches this season against Bayern. On paper, the DFB-Pokal looks like the easiest trophy achievable for Bayern after falling well behind Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga and, at the time of writing, are risking being humiliatingly eliminated from the Champions League by outsiders FC Basel.

MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2012-03-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby Miss Dangerous » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:28 pm

I just can't see us playing for the three titles, I'd love to see some players getting a rest in this match
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 pm

This would be the last match I would rest players in tbh, it's our best shot at winning a trophy this season.

That said, it will be one of the hardest games but I don't think we will lose to them 3 times in one season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Cathe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:15 pm

After the last couple of matches, I think we can do just about anything right now 8)
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:48 pm

MatchBot wrote:and, at the time of writing, are risking being humiliatingly eliminated from the Champions League by outsiders FC Basel.

Haha not anymore xD
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:01 am

Monchengladbach have been getting poor results recently too. It's perfect timing for us :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 am

Yes, it is a perfect time to knock-down these lucky bastards. FInally, it's a 3rd game against them in this season and it must be 3rd luck for us. :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby dambun » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Well... I would be OK with a routine 6-0/7-0 victory.... :wink: :mrgreen: :P
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:49 pm

I actually think we are going to lose this one. Its going to be a very hard fought match and on top of it this team plays the best way to beat the Bayern style, quick counters. Napoli did it, Dortmund has done it and Monchengladbach does it really well as well. Another thing all three teams have in common is that their stamina is insane and they can keep up with Bayern in fact a lot of times we struggle to keep up with them. I actually want our team to get out of DFB-Pokal and just concentrate on Bundesliga and CL. I really wont be pissed if we don't get the treble. :lol:

On the other hand if Heckneyes is thinking long-term. This is the perfect match to start formulating tactics for Real Madrid. Employing tactics on how to negate quick counter-attacks. Making sure that we don't lose the ball close to the middle of the pitch to start a deadly counter. Figuring out how to continue linking up passes when we are being pressed constantly for 90 minutes by 2 - 3 players because that's how Real Madrid is going to be.

I do not expect us to destroy them like the last three games. If we win by a 2 goal margin then I will be delighted in the fact that Bayern is in the right path in countering the one playstyle that destroys us all the time which is counter-attacking football. However I see it being a close fought loss 2-1, 3-2.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Going out in the Pokal won't help us elsewhere, you know. The only competitive game to come after the Pokal final is the CL final, should we make it there.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby machkover » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:18 am

we will probablly conceed goals against gladbach . but i am not sure we will make use of all the chances our forward players will create for themselves and JH has to work on this a lot with them both mentally and technically !! if our players are hopefully still on fire as they have been recently , then Gladbach will .certainly be ripped at home ( kind of 4/2 or 3/1 win for us ) .otherwise, I wish to see Neuer excelling in Penalty shots !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mdm90 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:38 am

Winning this game is the start of showing that we can overcome some of the weaknesses we have faced so far this season. Any title is a goal and we should be aiming for all three, not just one or two.
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:36 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:On the other hand if Heckneyes is thinking long-term. This is the perfect match to start formulating tactics for Real Madrid. Employing tactics on how to negate quick counter-attacks. Making sure that we don't lose the ball close to the middle of the pitch to start a deadly counter. Figuring out how to continue linking up passes when we are being pressed constantly for 90 minutes by 2 - 3 players because that's how Real Madrid is going to be.

=D> =D> =D>
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will be at full strength with the exception of Patrick Herrmann who is out injured until April.
On the other hand, FC Bayern will definitely be missing the services of Breno and van Buyten, while Schweinsteiger and Olic (who missed the Hertha match to injury) are doubtful.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Let's kick some ass of the team with the weird name :)

Odds on bwin (lower is better):

Bayern 1.3
Gladbach 3.2

:wink:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to DFB-Pokal