You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-03-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
5%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
95%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2012-03-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:10 pm

I just dont want to see Alaba as LB...he will get killed by Reus and Co.

Please just use Rafinha or even Pranjic.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:37 pm

I don't think either Pranjic or Rafihna is better than Alaba. Plus, I would like to keep Lahm on the RB as this has given Robben a boost in form. Ribery + Alaba is equally great on the other side also. I would definitely vote for the same defensive line. Plus, we should focus more on keeping possession and limiting their counter attacks as much as possible. This is a Pokal game, so we should be in no instant rush to score and opening up space at the back.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:58 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I just dont want to see Alaba as LB...he will get killed by Reus and Co.

Doesn't Reus play mostly on the left for Mönchengladbach, or am I mistaken?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Reus plays wherever he wants, to be honest.

Alaba is the best attacking option we have. Not only does he link up with Ribery well, Lahm accompanying Robben seems to have reinvigorated the latter. After scoring 20 in 3 games, I don't see how Heynckes can have the balls to break up the current lineup.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:16 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I just dont want to see Alaba as LB...he will get killed by Reus and Co.

Maybe I am a bit conservative, but I have the same fear, even more after Alaba's mistakes in the last match (against worse attackers than Reus), BUT:

quaazi wrote:After scoring 20 in 3 games, I don't see how Heynckes can have the balls to break up the current lineup.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:40 pm

The same thing was written when LVG introduced Alaba as LB...

1. First few games he was "best LB prospect" who made us all think "why on Earth we havent used him as LB before?"

2. Few games later..we were like "Ooooohh now I see why we havent used him as LB" and he was off to bench again.

Yes we did score 20 goals in 3 games....but seriously...in how many goals was he involved? 0 [zero, none] ?

And he really did not give any real/effective support to Ribery...as Ribery did it all by himself...I cant remember any good action where Alaba was involved. But I can surely remember a lot of counter attacks where he was out of position and that could have cost us a goal.

When we were attacking he was not up there with Ribery...but when we were defending he was not in the back four line.
sch0ll7

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:03 pm

I just want Lahm at RB. For all I care Pranjic could play at LB.

I reckon Contento would probably do a better job than Alaba though
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:29 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:The same thing was written when LVG introduced Alaba as LB...

1. First few games he was "best LB prospect" who made us all think "why on Earth we havent used him as LB before?"

2. Few games later..we were like "Ooooohh now I see why we havent used him as LB" and he was off to bench again.

Yes we did score 20 goals in 3 games....but seriously...in how many goals was he involved? 0 [zero, none] ?

And he really did not give any real/effective support to Ribery...as Ribery did it all by himself...I cant remember any good action where Alaba was involved. But I can surely remember a lot of counter attacks where he was out of position and that could have cost us a goal.

When we were attacking he was not up there with Ribery...but when we were defending he was not in the back four line.

If you really think Alaba wasn't helpful in attacks you need to watch these games once again mate...
He was very instrumental in all the games... one of the reasons why Ribery has prevailed in these past few games was the way he was provided by Alaba... Considering both the passes and the movements between these two...

In the defensive part, Alaba has much more experience now compared to the time when LvG took him out of our Amateur team and instantly put him in the starting lineup! He has a much better understanding of the game now, and he is way more confident on the ball...

Despite what you said before, I believe we should use Alaba as starter LB in this match... here are my reasons...

1. We need to really test him defensively against an quality team like Gladbach, they are very capable in attack, and very fast, which will make it much easier for us to evaluate our defensive line's stability in presence of Alaba... It's a risk worth taking IMO...

2. We really don't have another choice... Rafinha has not convinced as full-back, not defensively and certainly not attacking-wise!... Both Pranjic and Contento have failed several times as LB and are inferior to Alaba in every aspect IMO...

3. Our team has played extremely well in the past few games, which speaks volumes of the chemistry within the current lineup... It's a very balanced team that's performing well... It would be a mistake to change it, when it has not failed us... I believe this is the main reason why JH won't change it in this important match..
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I reckon Contento would probably do a better job than Alaba though

Yeah right...
because both of you have roots in Napoli, right?. :wink: :lol:

I know this... this is Element's reasoning! He once wanted us to buy Adler because both of them were born in Leipzig! :wink: :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 pm

dambun wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I reckon Contento would probably do a better job than Alaba though

Yeah right...
because both of you have roots in Napoli, right?. :wink: :lol:

I know this... this is Element's reasoning! He once wanted us to buy Adler because both of them were born in Leipzig! :wink: :mrgreen:

HAHAHAHAHAHA :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:37 pm

MUTU wrote:Doesn't Reus play mostly on the left for Mönchengladbach, or am I mistaken?

I believe he plays mostly as a second striker, which is in the middle...

At the beginning of his career, though, he usually played as RAM/RW.... Which is currently occupied by Hermann (when he is not injured, of course)....

In the left side, they have Juan Arango, which is quire a quality player with an unbelievably gifted left foot...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby AvatarX » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:22 pm

dambun wrote:2. We really don't have another choice... Rafinha has not convinced as full-back, not defensively and certainly not attacking-wise!... Both Pranjic and Contento have failed several times as LB and are inferior to Alaba in every aspect IMO...

I don't agree on Rafinha part tbh, but I totally agree on this:

dambun wrote:3. Our team has played extremely well in the past few games, which speaks volumes of the chemistry within the current lineup... It's a very balanced team that's performing well... It would be a mistake to change it, when it has not failed us... I believe this is the main reason why JH won't change it in this important match..
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:42 pm

dambun wrote:In the left side, they have Juan Arango, which is quire a quality player with an unbelievably gifted left foot...

And great free kicks
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Payam » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Hermann has been injured for some time. At first Favre tried to play Reus on the right wing and Camargo as striker.
This started to affect their results and their play so recently they have been trying Wendt, a LB, on Hermann's position - thus taking Reus back to his beloved central attacking position.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:25 pm

dambun I am sure that you will change your mind after few games of Alaba as LB:)

dambun wrote:1. We need to really test him defensively against an quality team like Gladbach, they are very capable in attack, and very fast, which will make it much easier for us to evaluate our defensive line's stability in presence of Alaba... It's a risk worth taking IMO...

This is just insane...DFB Pokal is probably our easiest way to win a trophy...and you think that it is worth risking it?

I hope he plays better than Lahm...and to show great games...but I just doubt he is better [at the moment] than Rafinha and he does not have his experience. And experience in playing against top teams as LB is very imporant.
sch0ll7

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal