You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
10%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 40

Re: [2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby SilverX » Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 pm

MUTU wrote:
SilverX wrote:I just can't agree with the whole skill for tap ins. I want a striker like Rooney, which creates and is an actual threat from all over the pitch and doesn't just cherry pick.

But to each his own I guess.

You mean how we had Podolski who was dubbed the German Rooney and who failed bigtime at Bayern Munich?

No, i dont mean Rooney as in Podolski, I mean Rooney, as in Rooney!
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:09 am

Rooney is one of the most over-rated premadonas on the planet. Please keep him far away from Bayern.
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 15, 2012 7:44 pm

I understand you hate ManU as much as I do but Wayne Rooney is world class and one of the best players out there.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Tue May 15, 2012 8:40 pm

When he feels like it, you mean?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby München Minded » Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Rooney reminds me of an Olic type player -- hard running, can play on the wing, good finisher, etc.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby AdepT » Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I love it when Gomez scores just as much when any other player scores a goal. (Though in Schweini's case, I more of go crazy and jump around :D )

I'd still love to see another striker who's good with the ball, Higuain or Giroud whoever comes just to lessen the burden of expectations Gomez has riding on him. He gets better when he's going good but when he doesn't score in a game, his confidence drops pretty quick perhaps. And then he takes time to get back which is usually fine but is risky for the team at times.
He's been an integral part of the team and I hope he continues to be. BUT we need another versatile and excellent striker.

For the people complimenting his positioning skills, you have to give half the credit to the players who dribble the ball all the way, spot him and pass the ball.

I'm not pro-Gomez. I have always been a more of KLOSE fan and will always rate him higher.
But Gomez is performing and shouldn't be bashed for a single game, more importantly for this one.
But for our games against RM especially the home-tie even though he scored, I still think he underperformed. In big games as those, one doesn't get many chances and you've got to score whenever a chance presents itself.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:42 pm

pVnAdEpT wrote:I love it when Gomez scores just as much when any other player scores a goal. (Though in Schweini's case, I more of go crazy and jump around :D )

I'd still love to see another striker who's good with the ball, Higuain or Giroud whoever comes just to lessen the burden of expectations Gomez has riding on him. He gets better when he's going good but when he doesn't score in a game, his confidence drops pretty quick perhaps. And then he takes time to get back which is usually fine but is risky for the team at times.
He's been an integral part of the team and I hope he continues to be. BUT we need another versatile and excellent striker.

For the people complimenting his positioning skills, you have to give half the credit to the players who dribble the ball all the way, spot him and pass the ball.

I'm not pro-Gomez. I have always been a more of KLOSE fan and will always rate him higher.
But Gomez is performing and shouldn't be bashed for a single game, more importantly for this one.
But for our games against RM especially the home-tie even though he scored, I still think he underperformed. In big games as those, one doesn't get many chances and you've got to score whenever a chance presents itself.

I agree I prefer Klose to Gomez when he was younger since Klose was a more versatile CF who could escpae double teams with easier than Gomez i say that because the past top teams we have played Gomez has been in a defensive sandwhich, he needs another guy to take some of that pressure of him maybe we can get a repacement for the bench and another striker to play alongside him [-o< [-o< [-o<
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:39 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I understand you hate ManU as much as I do but Wayne Rooney is world class and one of the best players out there.

The man has no football intelligence. Although Strikers are not expected to have as much football intelligence as CAM's/Wingers or CM's etc but that man has none. The little creativity he has is from pure gut instinct and physical ability. I am sorry but I rate many other strikers above him who have football intelligence as well as creativity and gut instinct. Van Persie is the obvious frontrunner but even Ibra (who seems fairly dumb) has a much better football intelligence than Rooney. I would even take Giroud who showcases this intelligence but still has to develop the gut instinct and physicality because hes still a young player.
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:18 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I understand you hate ManU as much as I do but Wayne Rooney is world class and one of the best players out there.

The man has no football intelligence. Although Strikers are not expected to have as much football intelligence as CAM's/Wingers or CM's etc but that man has none. The little creativity he has is from pure gut instinct and physical ability. I am sorry but I rate many other strikers above him who have football intelligence as well as creativity and gut instinct. Van Persie is the obvious frontrunner but even Ibra (who seems fairly dumb) has a much better football intelligence than Rooney. I would even take Giroud who showcases this intelligence but still has to develop the gut instinct and physicality because hes still a young player.

Giroud scored 21 goals and 12 assists this season he is not only looking to score but for the guy who has a better chance to score he is a very smart player

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ronnie98 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:58 pm

I would go for either Huntelaar, Papiss Cisse or Lewandowski. These are my favorite strikers in the world. no rooney,gomez,ibra,van persie etc...Like klose though.
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:35 pm

everyone to the =====> Transfer topic:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:everyone to the =====> Transfer topic:)

o yea i forgot but i wud rather forget about this game and thread the wound is still fresh :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal