You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
10%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 40

Re: [2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby lau03143 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 pm

pavlos21 wrote:my opinion is that we must play with a second squad in the final plus the suspended from the final players(gustavo,holger,alaba).

one injury in this game for our top players will be crucial for the final.we cant risk ribery and robben in such match ,the rivalry of the two team is really big this year.just remember subotic reaction.we will see hard tackles in this game.

its just another cup we can get it every year.

As a football and sporting fan, I fundamentally disagree.

It's a cup final, possibly the pinnacle of most players career and must be treated as such and with respect.

We have a full week between the finals, and we've rotated a lot recently. The players won't be tired.

We must field as strong as possible a team for both finals.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AdepT » Tue May 01, 2012 8:24 pm

pavlos21 wrote:my opinion is that we must play with a second squad in the final plus the suspended from the final players(gustavo,holger,alaba).
one injury in this game for our top players will be crucial for the final.we cant risk ribery and robben in such match ,the rivalry of the two team is really big this year.just remember subotic reaction.we will see hard tackles in this game.
its just another cup we can get it every year.

First and foremost a title is important and it's not any cup like AUDI cup(then I'd have supported your view).
Plus, CL is after a week- enough time to rest.
Second, I want Bayern to thrash Dortmund :-# . 4 losses been enough, A WIN IS MUST this time- for the team, players, coach and the fans.
Third, we'd get to brag about a DOUBLE, if not treble. :twisted:

You shouldn't rest players thinking that they could be injured. If somebody was recovering, then I would have been with you to rest him. All fit and best players must start.

Defeating Dortmund is top priority!
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pavlos21 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 pm

i never said about tired players.sure there is a full week between the two games.i was talking about injuries.one injury and we are done.

just remember our last final.without ribery ,inter based their defense around robben so we wasn't able to do anything special.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAGHU » Wed May 02, 2012 4:36 pm

RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 pm

pavlos21 wrote:i never said about tired players.sure there is a full week between the two games.i was talking about injuries.one injury and we are done.

just remember our last final.without ribery ,inter based their defense around robben so we wasn't able to do anything special.

Injuries is part of the game. If you want to be successful in the game, you need to take them as they come. If your good enough, you'll beat who you play.

What's the point in entering any competition, reach the final then play a second string team? That's just unacceptable.

I'd rather we were in both finals playing the best team in both. Than having the season finish two weeks early and the team watching the finals on TV. And guaranteed, no player next Friday night will even be thinking about the CL final. All attention will be on beating Dortmund in the Pokal.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AvatarX » Wed May 02, 2012 6:51 pm

lau03143 wrote:
pavlos21 wrote:i never said about tired players.sure there is a full week between the two games.i was talking about injuries.one injury and we are done.

Injuries is part of the game. If you want to be successful in the game, you need to take them as they come. If your good enough, you'll beat who you play.

What's the point in entering any competition, reach the final then play a second string team? That's just unacceptable.

I'd rather we were in both finals playing the best team in both. Than having the season finish two weeks early and the team watching the finals on TV. And guaranteed, no player next Friday night will even be thinking about the CL final. All attention will be on beating Dortmund in the Pokal.

I agree with that approach, mainly cause we need to teach Dortmund a lesson after 4 loses.

I can bet that again they will park the bus and wait as if they are a 2nd division team, but then we should learn to penetrate them cause Chelsea will probably park the bus too.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby München Minded » Thu May 03, 2012 9:21 pm

I totally agree -- I really want us to win and deny Dortmund another trophy -- so at least at the end of the season (the very last game for them of the season) to end bitterly and something to be left wondering. Then we force Dortmund and Klopp to try again next season to win the double. This is also a "dress rehearsal" for most of our players for the CL Final -- I want our players tested against the next toughest team in Germany to see if we will hold out. Also, we need to keep our CL players in form and playing, not resting them for too long. I know that JH would field the best possible team in the Pokal.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 pm

I've waited a while to say this, and now I can finally say it:

From this moment onwards, every match is like a final for us :P :mrgreen:

At last it's in the literal sense :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLeb » Sat May 05, 2012 7:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon May 07, 2012 8:13 am

What formation would you like to see? I'm torn between our best formation and practising our CL final formation.

Maybe if van Buyten cannot make it yet, or will not be fit to start, then he'd play Badstuber instead for something like this:

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 am

Müller: "We want to show Dortmund who we are" =D>

... i.e. these fools:

:lol: :mrgreen:

Source: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/thoma ... .bild.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon May 07, 2012 8:22 am

According to Stefan Reuter, ex-Dortmund player, it will be much easier for Bayern to win the Champions League than the DFB Pokal, because he thinks that the Bayern players are only thinking about Chelsea whereas the Dortmund players are fully focused on this last match. He does have a point. Also, the Champions League is a home match for us...

Source: http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 05969.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am

MUTU wrote:According to Stefan Reuter, ex-Dortmund player, it will be much easier for Bayern to win the Champions League than the DFB Pokal, because he thinks that the Bayern players are only thinking about Chelsea whereas the Dortmund players are fully focused on this last match. He does have a point. Also, the Champions League is a home match for us...

They can also take the DFB Pokal if it means us winning CL
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 am

Element wrote:They can also take the DFB Pokal if it means us winning CL

Welcome back :) I want us to take both though!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon May 07, 2012 9:57 am

Bayern versus Dortmund is like Real Madrid against Barcelona, says Weidenfeller

Roman Weidenfeller believes that the rivalry between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich is of similar proportions as the heated relationship of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Dortmund and Bayern have dominated German football in the past three years as BVB have won two consecutive titles after the Bavarian club's successful 2009-10 campaign, and both sides meet again in the final of the DFB Pokal on May 12.

"This is a battle between equals, each team has achieved something great. Bayern have reached the Champions League final against Chelsea, while we have won the Bundesliga title," Weidenfeller stated to Kicker.

"This is like Real Madrid versus Barcelona. We don't feel superior to Bayern after four straight wins. There's only conviction. We still have great respect for Bayern."

The DFB Pokal final takes place in Berlin on May 12 and kicks off at 20.00CET.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... -barcelona
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal