You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
10%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 40

Re: [2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby SilentStrike » Sun May 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby machkover » Mon May 14, 2012 12:04 am

SilverX wrote:I just can't believe this crap.

Our whole team just showed up because they had to, not because they wanted to play a game of football.

We deff need 1 CB and 1 VERY good striker, I don't care if Gomez scored 50 goals this season he never shows up for the most important games. Id rather have him score 10 goals in games such as the final today and not look like someone that can't even control the damn ball.

I hope Dante improves the defense and I hope we sign a good striker that can actually control a ball or score a goal without having the entire goal open and free to tap it in.

Be careful with what you say about Gomiss or a certain pro-gomez moderator might suspend your membership in this forum !! :twisted: or at least say that you are a bore !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilverX » Mon May 14, 2012 1:09 am

machkover wrote:

Our whole team just showed up because they had to, not because they wanted to play a game of football.

We deff need 1 CB and 1 VERY good striker, I don't care if Gomez scored 50 goals this season he never shows up for the most important games. Id rather have him score 10 goals in games such as the final today and not look like someone that can't even control the damn ball.

I hope Dante improves the defense and I hope we sign a good striker that can actually control a ball or score a goal without having the entire goal open and free to tap it in.

Be careful with what you say about Gomiss or a certain pro-gomez moderator might suspend your membership in this forum !! :twisted: or at least say that you are a bore !!

I know right !!!! LOL

Besides saying that someone sux when they suck is not out of line.....nor offensive.

I just can't see how people still see him as this awesome goal scorer. Yea he scored 40 goals but anyone that stood in front of the goal and tap in crosses would have as well. I simply don't understand, but oh well.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:26 am

SilverX wrote:
machkover wrote:

I know right !!!! LOL

Besides saying that someone sux when they suck is not out of line.....nor offensive.

I just can't see how people still see him as this awesome goal scorer. Yea he scored 40 goals but anyone that stood in front of the goal and tap in crosses would have as well. I simply don't understand, but oh well.

If Gomez's job is as easy as all of you say then why doesnt every player in the game get 40+ goals a season huh?!?!?!?!....Dont underestimate him he is the reason we win games because so far our midfield has shown that they are not much of scores not even Robben or Muller they had one or two good season and now we dont see them on scoresheets while Gomez is listed everyday!!! [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilverX » Mon May 14, 2012 2:55 am

@ Firefox

But do you see what ur saying? Your confirming that Gomez does tap ins, not once did he score by getting the ball dribbling or doing anything that shows the bit of skill ( Tap ins are not skill, I don't care what anyone says) He is getting feed from our midfield. That isn't Gomez doing a good job, its our mids/wingers that are constantly feeding him the balls to tap them in. He also got bunch of goals from rebounds and such, which i don't consider skill.

I just don't get how no one sees what I see when Gomez is playing. Whenever he is passed the ball it bounces off him and he has to run after to regain control but 90% of the time he can't recover it. He is awfully slow, like we saw when Robben passed him the ball took him what it seemed an eternity to even attempt a shot, but defender was there in no time. There were several crosses where he was lagging behind and the ball rolled in front of the goal to other side of the pitch. Maybe I'm not getting the same feed of the games everyone else is. Maybe I'm expecting more skill from him than he can offer, I don't know.

SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilverX » Mon May 14, 2012 2:57 am

SilentStrike wrote:Image

Thanks for this!!

It made me actually feel a lot better!!!!

SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Sydaney » Mon May 14, 2012 3:29 am

I dunno why you are all riding on Gomez for this game, when it seemed to me that it was shockingly poor Bayern defending and blunders on many occasions (plus good/fast BVB counter) that was much more to blame for the (I must say humliating) loss. In fact, Gomez did pretty well last night imo, winning a penalty, almost getting a header, some runs...this is all despite being the main man marked.

It would take a much better striker would have been able to score consistently to keep making up for the goal differences...should bayern get a more technically skilled striker who can provide assists better, sure...was Gomez the main man responsible for the loss who we all concentrate our criticism on, far from it.

But thats just a newbie opinion :) but the 'experts' on goal.com seem to agree with me.
Sydaney
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilverX » Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 am

Sydaney wrote:I dunno why you are all riding on Gomez for this game, when it seemed to me that it was shockingly poor Bayern defending and blunders on many occasions (plus good/fast BVB counter) that was much more to blame for the (I must say humliating) loss. In fact, Gomez did pretty well last night imo, winning a penalty, almost getting a header, some runs...this is all despite being the main man marked.

It would take a much better striker would have been able to score consistently to keep making up for the goal differences...should bayern get a more technically skilled striker who can provide assists better, sure...was Gomez the main man responsible for the loss who we all concentrate our criticism on, far from it.

But thats just a newbie opinion :) but the 'experts' on goal.com seem to agree with me.

No, I am not saying that he was at fault for the game. I'm just aggravated at his ability to receive a pass and not controlling the ball, and certain things he does when in front of the goal.

The humiliating defeat was due to a 100% joint team effor lol, not just Gomez, and its not what I am trying to say.

SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 am

SilverX wrote:I just can't see how people still see him as this awesome goal scorer. Yea he scored 40 goals but anyone that stood in front of the goal and tap in crosses would have as well. I simply don't understand, but oh well.

When will you guys realize that Gomez today is no longer the player who helps us just with his goals? He's become a very important player for us even when he isn't in scoring mode.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon May 14, 2012 6:57 am

SilverX wrote:Tap ins are not skill, I don't care what anyone says

Here's where we agree to disagree. The most important attribute of all for a striker is positioning, ie being at the right place at the right time. Gomez is exceptionally world class in this and that is why he scores a number of tap-ins. He makes it easy for himself by positioning himself well so that he doesn't need to do the fancy dribble that may go wrong. If he was highly technical, he would never have developed such great positioning, and while he would look fancier on the pitch he would be scoring 30 goals a season not 40+.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:48 am

SilverX wrote:@ Firefox

But do you see what ur saying? Your confirming that Gomez does tap ins, not once did he score by getting the ball dribbling or doing anything that shows the bit of skill ( Tap ins are not skill, I don't care what anyone says) He is getting feed from our midfield. That isn't Gomez doing a good job, its our mids/wingers that are constantly feeding him the balls to tap them in. He also got bunch of goals from rebounds and such, which i don't consider skill.

I just don't get how no one sees what I see when Gomez is playing. Whenever he is passed the ball it bounces off him and he has to run after to regain control but 90% of the time he can't recover it. He is awfully slow, like we saw when Robben passed him the ball took him what it seemed an eternity to even attempt a shot, but defender was there in no time. There were several crosses where he was lagging behind and the ball rolled in front of the goal to other side of the pitch. Maybe I'm not getting the same feed of the games everyone else is. Maybe I'm expecting more skill from him than he can offer, I don't know.

I agree he has alot of tap in but i will say it again if it is so easy every player should have 40+ goals....if Gomez was not there then who wud score? Our midfield has shown they dont want to take shots anymore not even Robben or Müller wants to shoot anymore, i agree his ball skills are not good but the impact he has on a game cannot be forgotten i feel if we had a second striker to play behind him in that AMC position he wont have to take the scoring burden all on his shoulders and we wont be complaining about him everytime he doesnt score.....but someone tell me why we can sit here complaining about Gomez not scoring when we also have guys like Robben and Müller who are also goal scoring threats doing nothing??

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby SilverX » Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 pm

I just can't agree with the whole skill for tap ins. I want a striker like Rooney, which creates and is an actual threat from all over the pitch and doesn't just cherry pick.

But to each his own I guess.

SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby München Minded » Mon May 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Tap in or not, Gomez has proved what a good poacher he is, and already mentioned as well he has become important other ways. I am sure if we had Hiquan or Huntelaar and they didn't have good games all the time we could complain about them too. It always seems other players are better than our own -- but keep in mind, those players may or may not succeed at Bayern. Even Gomez struggled at first because Stuttgart's team was built and trained to support Gomez scoring -- at Bayern we rely also on Ribéry, Robben and Müller as well as support Gomez. We could immediately say the Messi would be great, and his individual skills alone sets him apart, but Barca also is setup for him and allow him the freedom to roam and become a striker when necessary. I love Gomez -- he is German, plays for the NT, has proven his scoring abilities, tall, and helps draw out defenses for our other players to cause havoc.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 pm

SilverX wrote:I just can't agree with the whole skill for tap ins. I want a striker like Rooney, which creates and is an actual threat from all over the pitch and doesn't just cherry pick.

You make a good point I would love to have a striker like Messi or Villa play for Bayern Munich cause they are fun to watch but for me I want a guy who scores goals I COULD NOT CARE HOW FANCY THEY LOOK!!!.....as long as the ball is in the back of the net and it wins Bayern Munich trophies i am a very content fan =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

P.S Silver X you are right there is not to much skill in tap in but in the end of the day Super Mario's tap in goal still accounts for as much as Wayne Rooney's 20 yd strike on the scoreboard:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Mon May 14, 2012 9:18 pm

SilverX wrote:I just can't agree with the whole skill for tap ins. I want a striker like Rooney, which creates and is an actual threat from all over the pitch and doesn't just cherry pick.

You mean how we had Podolski who was dubbed the German Rooney and who failed bigtime at Bayern Munich?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal