You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
10%
Bayern Munich will win
90%

Total votes : 40

Re: [2012-05-12] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm

The Spyware wrote:Our best Guy today was Robben IMO

Quite possibly true. But he really should have shot when their keeper was completely off his line rather than pass (very unlike Robben).

Ribery scored the goal of the match though, it was one of his best goals ever.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
München Minded wrote:Speaking of midfielders, Schweini seems like he is a different player since coming back from injury -- he was being compared to xavi and other top players before the injury. I worry mostly about him in the CL final, than any CB problem we have.

This is very true, but he said before the match anyway that his ankle was still giving his problems. He's not at 100% yet.

Yeah.... It's not the first time I see him not running up to his top speed when getting back to help the defense... I'm really worried about our CL final and Germany's Euro because of this... He MUST get back to 100% for us to win trophies...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MoFattal » Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 pm

MaCk0y wrote:I am pretty sure now that the English Media will portray Chelsea as favourites. I like it that way though, being the underdogs.

Honestly, this seems to serve us tremendously well :? Although Di Matteo got a few hints from Klopp tonight, at least he didn't manage to see perform on a proper and concentrated level. Our players were clearly playing the CL final in their heads even on the fields tonigh (just have a look on Boateng, he was completely out of the game). It is really humiliating to concede 5 goals (I am ready to stir up a conspiracy theory that some of our players were paid to let them score these goals :shock: but I'll keep that till after the CL final depending on the result).

Now is not the time to think about next season. We certainly should do that thoroughly and give it much more time and consideration (starting by letting Heynckes go via a sort of retirement play). But now it is time to focus on the big trophy. We waited so long to get here. It was actually a good (not excellent but good) season. It would be heart-breaking not to come out from it with a trophy, and no better than the CL (which was the least expected for my side).

I would prefer being labelled the "Masters of Europe" rather than "Masters of Germany"!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby München Minded » Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 pm

I thought Ribéry was better personally, he seemed to be the most invested player in this game versus the rest of the team.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Sat May 12, 2012 10:35 pm

München Minded wrote:Speaking of midfielders, Schweini seems like he is a different player since coming back from injury -- he was being compared to xavi and other top players before the injury. I worry mostly about him in the CL final, than any CB problem we have.

Every player takes time coming from an injury. He's had two on a trot. He's been good but it takes time to get back to one's top form.

Only for Lahm who wasn't bad, everyone else played far below par. So rather than pinning it on individual players, I say the whole team should be put to blame but then again I'd like them to be in good spirits so that they make up for this loss in CL final coming week. [-o<
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm

MoFattal wrote:I would prefer being labelled the "Masters of Europe" rather than "Masters of Germany"!

Best post of today. For all you Dortmund haters, it will be the perfect "up yours" reply to Dortmund if we win the Champions League next week.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Sat May 12, 2012 10:37 pm

MoFattal wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:I am pretty sure now that the English Media will portray Chelsea as favourites. I like it that way though, being the underdogs.

Honestly, this seems to serve us tremendously well :? Although Di Matteo got a few hints from Klopp tonight, at least he didn't manage to see perform on a proper and concentrated level. Our players were clearly playing the CL final in their heads even on the fields tonigh (just have a look on Boateng, he was completely out of the game). It is really humiliating to concede 5 goals (I am ready to stir up a conspiracy theory that some of our players were paid to let them score these goals :shock: but I'll keep that till after the CL final depending on the result).

Truthfully based on what you said, it seems we knew the Di Matteo would be taking notes from this game -- and for a final (even a Pokal one) we really seemed unusually poor in our playing. I wonder if this were the tactics JH was talking about, as not the reveal anything to Chelsea how we would play. So there's another conspiracy theory ;)
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby The Spyware » Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 pm

For Me beside our mental sluggishness that isn't worrying me much I don't think we will be the same at all next week
Our Midfield that played in the second half which will feature in the CL final , wasn't compact at all and was pressing very poorly as individuals not as a compact unit , With Kroos - Schwieni- Gustavo we are much more compact and disciplined , also we were ver exposed in counters and Schweini was very very poor as holding Midfield and Heynckes should work alot on him in the upcoming days

But the good thing ofcourse that this loss will slam us back o earth and nit to think at all that we are favorites for next week and I love this situation as my biggest fea was the over confidence and I believed that We were our most dangerous enemy , and I have better feeling generally for next week
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 pm

München Minded wrote:

I thought Ribéry was better personally, he seemed to be the most invested player in this game versus the rest of the team.

Ribery was much better Robben to me was silent he has lost his goal scoring form lately hope he finds it for the UCL final [-o< [-o< [-o<
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby dambun » Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 pm

München Minded wrote:

I think Ribery was playing his stupidest game tactically... wasting everything... up until the moment he scored a magic goal... after that he got only a little better, but it was too late...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby München Minded » Sat May 12, 2012 10:41 pm

dambun wrote:
München Minded wrote:

I think Ribery was playing his stupidest game tactically... wasting everything... up until the moment he scored a magic goal... after that he got only a little better, but it was too late...

:shock: :shock: :) you are somewhat right, but that could be said of the whole team, we tried a little too late as usual with Dortmund.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby The Spyware » Sat May 12, 2012 10:44 pm

I think Di Mattew main concern tonight was why he flew to Berlin instead of watching at home :lol:
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MaCk0y » Sat May 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Is there a player who hates a club more than Hummels hates Bayern ? They even let him take the penalty to score against us and celebrate.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdepT » Sat May 12, 2012 10:46 pm

MoFattal wrote: We certainly should do that thoroughly and give it much more time and consideration (starting by letting Heynckes go via a sort of retirement play).
I would prefer being labelled the "Masters of Europe" rather than "Masters of Germany"!

I agree with your plan completely. Jupp's been good but we need someone better. Or at least Jupp should try a new formation and be ready with any. He's left blank sometimes.

As for being called the 'Masters of Europe', I'll wear it on my chest after we win the CL.
BuLi and Pokal loss hurt, but today's loss (5-2) , that too against Dortcunt is hurting more!
It's our 5th loss against them and a humiliating one at that. They've become our 'Achilles' heel' now!
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Sat May 12, 2012 10:46 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Is there a player who hates a club more than Hummels hates Bayern ? They even let him take the penalty to score against us and celebrate.

Well I'm not taking his side here, but we kind of forced him out and rendered his father unemployed :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal