You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-05-17] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
19%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
78%

Total votes : 27

Re: [2014-05-17] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby bayern1982 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:19 pm

FCB general wrote:Image

SELL ROBBEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish we could sell Robben, but we extended his contract because we're stupid. :(
bayern1982
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby EverFresh » Sat May 17, 2014 11:24 pm

Fantastisch! Super impressed by Hojbjerg today, big game to step into and he did himself proud. The team looked a lot more stable today. Susie Schaaf, a bayern blogger for espnfc, predicted that Robben and Müller would score, along with a brace from Lewandowski and a Großkreutz goal, glad she was only kind of right in her prediction. Great game to watch, another great Robben effort to celebrate, and another title to celebrate. Glad that interesting Pep formation paid off.
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
EverFresh
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 18, 2014 12:33 am

Now I can say that I am satisfied... finishing the season on a high is always special. I admit I was very pessimistic about winning the Pokal, not only because our slump in form but also because of the speculations in the media and that sort of stuff, it seemed that the team was not focused.
I am also happy cause we played football like men do; we fought for every ball, won many duels especially in the air and were very strong as in tackling. and am also satisfied cause we did not play the usual tiki-sht-taka...
Well done Boateng-Dante-Martinez-Hojbjerg,Mueller, Robben, Kroos everyone... IMO the only one did not shine was Goetze I don't know what you think.
Hopefully Lahm & Manu will be fine...
Last edited by ramsej84 on Sun May 18, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 18, 2014 12:37 am

Tedesco wrote:Is this the time people start Pep a genius again?

Not that I disagree. :P

Back home. Will comment more tomorrow morning but for now I will say that yes. Though luck helped us Pep was the biggest winner today. In my opinion we were the underdogs considering form and injuries of both teams, he shocked everyone with his tactics but it mostly worked.

Of course I'm not one of those who criticized him. ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 18, 2014 12:40 am

Re lahm and manu they will be fine. Lahm didn't look badly injured, he was jumping around.

Ribery is probably injured though. Don't forget he was subbed out even though he had been a sub himself.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby michel » Sun May 18, 2014 2:10 am

Major surprise. When FC Bayern beat Dortmund to win the DFB Pokal on Saturday, it did it with steel defence and endurance, thanks to a newly implemented formation. A fascinating if risky attempt that succeeded.

More: Tactical analysis: new formation, steel Bayern defence against Dortmund
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Sun May 18, 2014 3:58 am

FCBayernMunchen

You got the prediction of the game spot on... But I think that by "unlucky" you meant something else than Dortmund getting a regular goal dissallowed. :P

This season was very unlucky for us. From the very beginning we had to deal with huge problems. Mkhitaryan with an injury in the pre-season, Gundogan with an injury that is still not healed, plenty of other injuries, ref mistakes, our lack of efficiency... With just a bit of luck we could have played in 1/2 of CL and won the Pokal finale yesterday. But unfortunately that just wasn't meant to be. Almost everything went against us this season.

The goal we lost yesterday was also very unlucky and unnecessary. One moment when we lacked concentration got punished. Bayern played well, you weren't brilliant but you were solid, solid at the back especially. We were nervous in the first half, in the second we were much better, we even scored a goal! :D

I guess I should congratulate Bayern but its hard to do this time when I have this strong sense of injustice. Also Kroos could have gotten a second yellow card, didn't happen. It was a hard experience, a good match completely ruined by one huge mistake of the ref. Difficult to get over.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun May 18, 2014 5:42 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Tedesco wrote:Is this the time people start Pep a genius again?

Not that I disagree. :P

Back home. Will comment more tomorrow morning but for now I will say that yes. Though luck helped us Pep was the biggest winner today. In my opinion we were the underdogs considering form and injuries of both teams, he shocked everyone with his tactics but it mostly worked.

Of course I'm not one of those who criticized him. ;)

Pep did really well to change the tactics. He learned from Madrid and it makes me very happy to see that he can be flexible with how he wants to play. I think these tactics suit bayern better than tiki-taka.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun May 18, 2014 7:48 am

michel wrote:Major surprise. When FC Bayern beat Dortmund to win the DFB Pokal on Saturday, it did it with steel defence and endurance, thanks to a newly implemented formation. A fascinating if risky attempt that succeeded.

More: Tactical analysis: new formation, steel Bayern defence against Dortmund

"Half an hour later..." :lol: Still surprised how Mueller kept his balance.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[2014-05-17] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby MatZam » Sun May 18, 2014 9:04 am

Great defensive performance from us, never would have thought we would be able to shut out BVB for 2 hours, especially with Alaba and for most of it Lahm missing. Weidenfeller culpable for our first goal. Bets players Robben and of course Martinez.

Very proud of this team right now.

PS: The meme makers must be drooling over this one: http://gfycat.com/BrilliantBouncyCowrie#
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 18, 2014 9:43 am

Borusse wrote:FCBayernMunchen

You got the prediction of the game spot on... But I think that by "unlucky" you meant something else than Dortmund getting a regular goal dissallowed. :P

To tell you the truth I was thinking about that post during extra time. I said although we're playing very well we're lucky that one wouldn't go in and I was already ready to quote that post and post this: " :coffee: " if we held out till extra time, but just then Robben scored. :)

Borusse wrote:This season was very unlucky for us. From the very beginning we had to deal with huge problems. Mkhitaryan with an injury in the pre-season, Gundogan with an injury that is still not healed, plenty of other injuries, ref mistakes, our lack of efficiency... With just a bit of luck we could have played in 1/2 of CL and won the Pokal finale yesterday. But unfortunately that just wasn't meant to be. Almost everything went against us this season.

The goal we lost yesterday was also very unlucky and unnecessary. One moment when we lacked concentration got punished. Bayern played well, you weren't brilliant but you were solid, solid at the back especially. We were nervous in the first half, in the second we were much better, we even scored a goal! :D

I guess I should congratulate Bayern but its hard to do this time when I have this strong sense of injustice. Also Kroos could have gotten a second yellow card, didn't happen. It was a hard experience, a good match completely ruined by one huge mistake of the ref. Difficult to get over.

I kind of agree with the rest of the post, although I think that apart from your goal (which admittedly would 99% have decided the tie), Bayern were deserved winners. I'm not sure what your expectations before the game were. I considered you to be the favourites, so that must make it harder to swallow. I've never been happier with a Pokal win.

What amazed me was that yesterday with all the current problems and injuries and also in-game injuries Bayern still showed up and gave us one of the most entertaining Bayern games this season, just like Dortmund did in earlier games this season (vs Bayern in Dortmund, vs Real, etc.). I think we once again proved that this is THE biggest game in Europe and I think it has been so for almost 5 years. Regardless of injuries, suspensions, form, etc. these games almost always are very tightly contested, and neither team parks the bus. To add a bit more to the excitement the occasional shock of one of the teams getting a big win is also present. Credit goes to both teams for that. =D> I look forward to the German Supercup now, hopefully with both teams in full strength and a couple of new stars. Let's make Europe ours again next season.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 18, 2014 9:48 am

Some points on the game:
- Martinez is MOTM.
- Robben is player of the season.
- Kroos continues to show what an excellent CM he is. That is his future. CAM belongs to Thiago.
- We showed once again that this team is ready to move on post-Schweinsteiger once the time comes. His retirement is no longer a huge worry.
- As someone mentioned earlier with these tactics the Mandzukic exclusion kind of makes sense. It is possible that it has nothing to do with transfers. We'll see.
- That Muller goal. =P~
- We were lucky both with Dortmund's disallowed goal and with Wiedenfeller's two blunders in the first goal. On the whole I think we were the better team though.
- Hojbjerg... we knew he is exceptionally talented so perhaps his performance wasn't so much a surprise, but I expected the pressure to get to him. It didn't show that he was so young, in my opinion he was one of the best on the pitch. He kind of reminds me of Alaba.
- The future is bright. :D
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun May 18, 2014 9:51 am

Borusse wrote:FCBayernMunchen

However I am noting that everyone is failing to mention that during that incident Hummels was in an off-side position!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 18, 2014 9:57 am

ramsej84 wrote:However I am noting that everyone is failing to mention that during that incident Hummels was in an off-side position!

That is true. However, the referee did not call for an offside, did he?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal