You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-03-02] Bayern Munich vs Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Bayern Munich will win after 90 mins
63%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
25%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
13%
Schalke 04 will win on penalties
No votes
Schalke 04 will win after extra time
No votes
Schalke 04 will win after 90 mins
No votes

Total votes : 8

Re: [2011-03-02] Bayern Munich vs Schalke 04

Postby Archit » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:08 pm

pabloenigma wrote:
Archit wrote:Barca on the other hand beat the shite out of all the teams they encountered except chelsea. We were always dependent on robben.

dont exaggerate it dude.....remember Juventus at Turin?or Manchester United at the Allianz Arena....???We didnt have Robben there.
and with due respect to Barca....i dont remember the greatest team of all time winning an away match in Europe.

Archit wrote:Were you absent on the day that they taught logic at school?

I dont intend to ask you to speak to people with more respect.What intend to ask you is,if logic directs u to change a base situation and accurately predict the would-have-been outcomes.What we would have done without Robben is a matter of debate.But you cant say that we would have been thrown to oblivion without him.For eg,.....a better Mario Gomez performance would have immensely helped last season
Barcelona would have been nothing without Tom Obrevo,and even if you suppport all the terrible refereeing,they would have been nothing without the Iniesta wonder goal.They were completely outplayed in that game

Archit wrote:come in benitez

Sorry friend,but with this post,u give an impression that you have completely lost it, and are in dire need of medical help,leave alone the logic classes you might have missed. :!:

Juventus finished 6th in seria last season and Lots of people claim that seria is nothing compared to BL.United's game was a fair point ,but some so called "Average" teams like liverpool,fulham etc beat them comphrehensively at home the same season and our second leg performance defensively was diabolical and would have gone down easily if rafael had refrained from commiting those stupid and unforced fouls.

I am not exagerrating barca's abilities, i already mentioned chelsea deserved to win that game.

Only thing i am stressing is that we are not european elite under van gaal.

Benitez has had a couple of bad seasons but he has had lack of support from the respective boards both seasons, injury problems and other complications which is not the point i am trying to make.Benitez, hitzfeld and hiddink are the elite of tactical football.Remember all those times benitez tamed mourinho, the so called master tactician,Winning the spanish league , bringing a non-world class liverpool to CL final twice?

Dont talk w/o doing your home work.
Archit

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:51 pm

All this bullshit about having a completely Robben Dependant season is idiotic.

You need to realize that small parts add up to the hole. In the end of the day, the reason Robben got the space to take the shot in CL games or the ability to do a massive run and score vs Schalke is because of LVG and his philosophy.

We have through our possesion...

- Frustrated teams immensely
- Made them chase after the ball to make them tired (why do you think most of our great goals came in the 2nd half)
- Have had possession to open up space for Robben

Its ridiculous, i completely disagree with the people who claim we would have achieved the same thing we did last season without LVG and Robben alone, its lol-worthy. We needed both to get to where we are. You can go ahead and interview Robben yourself...

Assume that you are a close friend of Robben or Muller or Schweini in real life and you can chat with them and get an honest opinion without having to deal with diplomatic answers, i can guarantee all of them would thank LVG and his philosophy way more than individual talent or team chemistry.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Archit » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:All this bullshit about having a completely Robben Dependant season is idiotic.

You need to realize that small parts add up to the hole. In the end of the day, the reason Robben got the space to take the shot in CL games or the ability to do a massive run and score vs Schalke is because of LVG and his philosophy.

We have through our possesion...

- Frustrated teams immensely
- Made them chase after the ball to make them tired (why do you think most of our great goals came in the 2nd half)
- Have had possession to open up space for Robben

Its ridiculous, i completely disagree with the people who claim we would have achieved the same thing we did last season without LVG and Robben alone, its lol-worthy. We needed both to get to where we are. You can go ahead and interview Robben yourself...

Assume that you are a close friend of Robben or Muller or Schweini in real life and you can chat with them and get an honest opinion without having to deal with diplomatic answers, i can guarantee all of them would thank LVG and his philosophy way more than individual talent or team chemistry.

Schalke goal is what is called a counter.It would have been possible without LVG and his philosophy. Infact with the best wing pair in the world and schweinsteiger-muller offense , one must expect more clear cut chances.

leave the bundesliga for a while. Talking about the CL,LVG's philosophy worked bollocks at Old trafford, we couldnt deal with the pace of the english game in the first half until they were down to ten men, we couldnt get our possesion game into play.

Frustrating teams immensely, creating space up for robben doesnt always work.

It didnt work with inter in the final, neither against dortmund or schalke.Robben can be marked out of the game with ease and then what? we end up playing like we did with dortmund.
Inter had a very poor season and their tactics were not right , they gave space to robben and paid the price.
Archit

Postby Archit » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:43 pm

When was the last time we had scored a goal with structured movement off the ball and killer passes?

If a team falls under european elite, their offensive approach must be more than creating space for one player to have an outrageously long shot.

What would have happened if we had failed to sign robben in the transfer window?
LVG would have chosen a different philosophy?
and you mean that LVG is using this flawed philosophy because we have robben?
Archit

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Benitez would do well as a caretaker coach but I'd rather get someone who knows the BL
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Psychaz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Benitez would do well as a caretaker coach but I'd rather get someone who knows the BL

Jurgen Klopp :(
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:05 pm

I know it's Goal but that article pretty much says the truth. Our teams lacks of work and new ideas, it's like seeing a phony '90 Ajax. We're not in that decade now, and football has changed A LOT. LVG might be a great coach but if you don't get used to the modern football then you should be out, because you're just making things worse.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Element » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:56 pm

shileno wrote: but if you don't get used to the modern football then you should be out, because you're just making things worse.

Weird

Because Louis Van Gaal won an award because " He is applying modern tactics even though he is an old school coach"
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 pm

CroCHEF wrote:Only BAYERN, real and ajax have 1 (when you win 3CL in a row),

Also Liverpool and Milan, for winning 5+
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pabloenigma » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:07 am

Archit wrote:

I am not exagerrating barca's abilities, i already mentioned chelsea deserved to win that game.

Only thing i am stressing is that we are not european elite under van gaal..

i dont think we have any disagreement that our defence is bullshit.But 2 seasons arent enough to tell whether we are elite.
Archit wrote:.Benitez, hitzfeld and hiddink are the elite of tactical football.Remember all those times benitez tamed mourinho, the so called master tactician,

Inspite of the fact,that I follow the EPL as a liverpool fan,and that I respect what Benitez did for Liverpool,...I would like to point out that BENITEZ DID NOT TAME MOURINHO.
Among 7 times they faced in the League,Liverpool won only once(2-0).
On the other hand,Chelsea beat them 5 times,including a 4-1.

In The CL,Liverpool eliminated chelsea by the ghost garcia goal,winning 1-0 over two legs,
And another time,they wone on penalties.
Surely not what you call taming Mourinho.
there is no reason to think he would do better than LVG and that he is on the same level as Hiddink and Hitzfeld.
And its high time we stop the practice of sacking coaches every year we dont win the bundesliga.C'mon,we cant win it every year,the BL is growing stronger every year,and its no joke.
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby eddinanM3 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:25 am

pabloenigma wrote:
Archit wrote:

i dont think we have any disagreement that our defence is bullshit.But 2 seasons arent enough to tell whether we are elite.
Archit wrote:.Benitez, hitzfeld and hiddink are the elite of tactical football.Remember all those times benitez tamed mourinho, the so called master tactician,

Inspite of the fact,that I follow the EPL as a liverpool fan,and that I respect what Benitez did for Liverpool,...I would like to point out that BENITEZ DID NOT TAME MOURINHO.

In The CL,Liverpool eliminated chelsea by the ghost garcia goal,winning 1-0 over two legs,
there is no reason to think he would do better than LVG and that he is on the same level as Hiddink and Hitzfeld.
And its high time we stop the practice of sacking coaches every year we dont win the bundesliga.C'mon,we cant win it every year,the BL is growing stronger every year,and its no joke.

Agreed sacking coaches every other year doesn not lead to stability, just look at Real Madrid!

And Benitez is not the right person for Bayern anyway, he is worse at evaluating talent than Van Gaal.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby Archit » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:20 am

pabloenigma wrote:
Archit wrote:

chelsea simply had a superior squad and bench strength. Most of our players were lacking in pace and technique.Chelsea had a top strikers and a robben-duff wing duo which was one of the main reasons they won the league.
and anyway why didnt the league leaders score against us in CL 05?because benitez knows how to prepare a team for CL football.CL ties take place midweek where the superior pace and technical abilities of the chelsea players dont come into the game with so much effect due to fatigue.
Thats when one can decide who is a better tactician.
ask mourinho to coach for an average side.When a press reporter asked whether he would be interested to come to liverpool after benitez left, he asked for more transfer cash and top players. A legendary coach doesnt need that, we had a players good enough to finish 2nd in the league losing only 2 games in the entire season under benitez's management.
Only reason for rafa's downfall is his blasphemous man management, which is as blasphemous as your jabbering.
Archit

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 am

I am locking this thread because it has gone completely off-topic.

Kindly use the appropriate threads.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal