You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-10-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Ingolstadt

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:58 pm

FC Bayern will go through by a goal difference of 5+ goals
36%
FC Bayern will go through by a goal difference of 3-4 goals
64%
FC Bayern will go through by a goal difference of 1-2 goals
No votes
FC Ingolstadt will go through
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: [2011-10-26] Bayern Munich vs FC Ingolstadt

Postby Cathe » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:32 am

Argh! Gutted I missed the last part of the game. I had a friend come over so I had to switch it off when it was at 4 - 0!
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby armbrust » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:29 am

Im very happy that Mr Jupp finally figure it out that he has to rotate the team.

Just see how happy were everyone today.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby shileno » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:57 am

This team should have played against Hannover, even if the other team was weaker today, they played really good and the effort of many players was clear. I'd like to see Alaba and Petersen get more minutes in BL/CL matches, at least as super subs.

Well played :D
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:30 am

Alaba is looking bright game by game. I think he should get a starting role in the next BL game or at least get 30 minutes of play. He seems to progress everytime he is on the pitch, so it would be harmful if he was kept out of game....
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 pm

MUTU wrote:On the other side of the pitch, I thought Contento had an excellent game and he showed he can rotate with Lahm with not much of a loss of quality, especially given Lahm isn't in superb form at the moment.

I really like Contento. Always have. If Lahm wasn't so "young", am sure he would be our future LB, but because of Lahm's age he will probably leave at some point. When Contento plays, my concern is that Lahm is not playing, not that Contento is playing, because I know that he is a good player, but Lahm is incomparable.

tflags wrote:I hope we don't dismiss Usami's performance on the grounds that we were playing the worst team in the second German league. On the other hand, Petersen's positioning is non-existent. He had flashes of a winger though; but simply not a striker (and yes, I realize he scored twice...)

I think Petersen would do great in a two striker formation, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon. With our system positioning is very important because you have only one striker in the box, and that is why Gomez fits so well. Petersen has potential. He had some very nice shots in the first half and would have scored more if it wasn't for their keeper making some nice saves.

MUTU wrote:Usami should play this weekend to rest Mueller for Wednesday against Napoli. But I doubt this is going to happen

Alaba should play because he's great. Usami probably won't be getting any minutes soon, but I hope he does (as a sub).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Contento offers a lot more going forward than I remember him in, say, 2010. Maybe it's because he's been featuring against weaker opposition. In any case his defensive positioning is still as bad as ever but like Boateng, his speed makes up for it.

Petersen didn't impress me though. Like you said, he'd do well in a 2-striker formation, because he can keep the ball up well and lay it off to his fellow striker. Basically a target man in the making. But he lacks Gomez' aggressiveness in the box when fighting for positions. Too often did he not pursue some avenue in the attack and it fizzled out. Basically, for now I'd rather make Olic Gomez' backup rather than Petersen.

Alaba was already this good in Hoffenheim this season, but it is very good to see that he can keep it up here. He really looks like he'll be a successor to Ribery in the long-term - they've already got some mentorship thing going. However, Alaba, if I can get away with the cliche about (semi-)African players, is a lot stronger and more physically fit. Of course that means that his center of gravity is a tad higher and that he can't achieve the same measure of ball control as Ribery, but on the other hand, he can use his strength to keep the ball. Instead of a trickster we have a bulldozer - and I'm sure Heynckes with his "everyone defends" mentality loves it.

Usami seriously looks like the one with the most raw talent, though. He isn't even CLOSE to being a finished product, but his vision when creating chances together with his technical ability make him a must-keep as a future playmaker. In fact in that respect he's a lot more like Ribery than Alaba is.

In fact, I'd like to see the attacking line-up of Alaba-Usami-Müller with Olic in front at some point. Usami's poor work rate can be nullified by the three workhorses surrounding them. Or if we're going for broke in the "distance covered" category, throw Kroos instead of Usami, and follow up by the double pivot of Schweini and Gustavo. =P~

I liked yesterday's game, but not because of the scoreline, rather because I got to see where our young players are at right now. And I was only disappointed by Petersen - he, like Kroos, doesn't seem to benefit from the current tactical shape. Of course, Kroos has a lot, LOT more raw talent to make up for it. Still, I'd like to see Kroos as a Schweini backup/rotation sub instead. Really, looks like he's gone through the Schweini-transformation in the year he was with us without Jupp realizing it. He's lost his goal threat and let's face it, his set piece abilities, but covers a lot more ground and fights for the ball much more tenaciously. I think both he and Petersen would benefit from a 4-4-2, but it wouldn't be worth it considering the rest of the squad. Still, I'd like it if Jupp started to use him as a CM instead, resting Schweini every now and then, and gave more chances up front to Alaba and Usami and Olic.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:35 pm

quaazi wrote:I'd rather make Olic Gomez' backup rather than Petersen.

Definitely

quaazi wrote:Usami seriously looks like the one with the most raw talent, though. He isn't even CLOSE to being a finished product

Yeah, I hope he gets more chances and we decide to keep him. I think he has a good chance of becoming a world-class player. I believe Alaba and Usami have what it takes to keep up the Robbery duo long after Robbery are gone. Usami seems similar to Robben from the videos I have seen of him (can't judge much from the games he's actually played with Bayern). As for Alaba, he seems like the natural successor to Ribery. Heynckes definitely believes in him (http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... -will-be-a)

Also, let's not forget Kroos. He too is still very young and he's been playing quite good lately. Hopefully he keeps developing in the same way Schweini did, so that we'll have Schweini's successor too, or better yet, two Schweinis!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Two Schweini's is an awful idea, I'm afraid. He needs a wrecking ball (van Bommel, Gustavo, even Khedira maybe) next to him to be at his best.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:47 pm

quaazi wrote:Two Schweini's is an awful idea, I'm afraid. He needs a wrecking ball (van Bommel, Gustavo, even Khedira maybe) next to him to be at his best.

Depends on against who. There will always be those teams who play with 10 defenders, and he'll be useful in those cases, although it would make us more prone to counter attacks I guess.

Against good teams, yes, we need Gustavo/Tymo. Hannover proved that. They were getting past our midfield so easily after Gustavo moved to CB. Now you might blame that on the fact that we had one less player, but I think it's more due to the fact that Gustavo was no longer there and Tymo didn't come in.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 pm

I think both Alaba and Usami have tonnes of potential. Alaba being a more finished product than Usami in this case.

If I was to put it in 'Football Manager Scouting Terms'

- Scout X believes that Franck Ribery is the best attacking midfielder in the team and David Alaba is not far from that level. Scout X believes that Shaqiri is the best young attacking midfielder in the team and David Alaba is better than him. Scout X believes that David Alaba has the potential to surpass Franck Ribery and would be an important player for FC Bayern should bayern deem to sign him.

Bit off-topic here but according to football manager, some of the youngest players with highest potential are Holger Badstuber, David Alaba, Toni Kroos 8) .

I think Alaba is very close to breaking into our starting 11 / being a regular joker/sub i.e. first backup. Whereas Usami needs to be loaned out to another bundesliga club for a season, Usami needs his own Hoffenheim experience before he will be for sure ready for Bayern.

The most likely scenario obviously based on our results will be that we will sell one of Robben/Ribery, most likely Robben if he stays injured like he is and buy a top quality replacement like Goetze. If not Goetze invest in someone like Shaqiri or Reus. We will then use a rotating attacking midfield between Ribery, Muller, Kroos, Alaba and our new signing with all of them getting quite a lot of playing time imho. Then two seasons from now I think it will be time for Ribery to call it quits and Usami to come into the lineup if he continues to impress.

Honestly, we are way too lucky to have so much young talent in our midfield, it would make most teams jealous including Barca and Madrid.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:44 am

Yes, I am starting to think that this is Robben's last season here. Kroos or Alaba will take his place. Not sure if it's good to make the change now though, but Robben's injuries hardly leave us any choice.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal