You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
100%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win on penalties
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win after extra time
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win inside 90 minutes
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby nm462272 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:05 pm

just a few thoughts the day after:

-maybe Javi should have been awarded a penalty, but Bayern shouldn't be in a position where they need a penalty to even the game in the dying minutes. complaining about the officials may make you feel better, but if Bayern had a competent attacking force and the ability to convert chances, they could make their own victory instead of blaming others for it not happening.

-Kovac perfectly tailored his tactics today, and his team converted the chances when they needed to. Now, there were a number of missed opportunities by Bayern (hitting crossbar twice, etc), but in the end Frankfurt did what they needed to do to win. I wonder how Kovac will do managing a team that's not an underdog...

-I love the guy, but Jupp got the tactics wrong today. Tolisso should have started instead of Javi...

-As others have said, this does feel like the end of an era. It's time for the board to seriously think about the squad composition, long term tactical approach, etc., and clear out players that may not be appropriate. FOR ME, players that could leave without too many issues (excluding any youth products on professional deals) would be Rudy, Sanches, Bernat and Vidal. Players that could leave, but would need replacing include Alaba, Boateng, Thiago, Lewandowski. Not saying I want these players to leave but for one reason or another I could picture them going this summer.

-I've always been a supporter of KHR and Uli, but over the last year or two, I've started to question their approach. Giving extensions to Ribery and Robben is pretty inexplicable at this point, hardly deserved, and I HOPE it's simply to put Bayern in a good negotiating position for a new RW. I find it problematic that they won't hire a better medical team - Bayern could have arguably won at least another CL in the past 5 years if not for injuries. The approach to the youth setup is encouraging, but it's also an issue that Uli's nephew is there (considering problems that some people may have with him).

-Kovac needs to be given the flexibility to form the team as he sees fit next season. As others have discussed, we have a surplus of world class midfielders, and the tactics probably should be built around that (not wing play). My fear is that Kovac wasn't the boards 1st choice, so they're less likely to grant him control, plus they didn't even give up control for Pep, so why would they now? Kovac is a competent coach, but I fear he's being set up to fail.

All-in-all, this season turned out better than I expected at the start, but it's still a disappointment. I had hope deep down that Jupp could bring us another Treble, and knowing that individual mistakes, injuries, and lack of squad planning (wingers) killed that hope is frustrating. Looking forward to the World Cup, and to the next season in August.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Zwayer was caught accepting a 2004 bribe of merely 300 euros. [source]

Someone who does something so dishonest should never be allowed to officiate again.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Sun May 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Op! Op! Hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wagner took the whole show in Germany last 2-3 days. :D

Now what SportBild's Matthias Brügelmann said after the match.

Analyse von Matthias Brügelmann | Thiago ist – NIX!

...und noch fünf weitere Wahrheiten aus dem DFB-Pokalfinale [source]
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Ed. » Sun May 20, 2018 2:15 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:
Back in the days i was thinking that Alaba was the second best LB in the world after Marcelo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is finishing the season with 2 goals and 6 assists, he is crossing the ball with his head down, not looking at his teammates; I understand that he is trying to help Ribery because he cant do anything alone up front, but leaving too many space at the back...

Compare him to Alba,Sandro,Mendy,Hernandes... even to Jose Gaya... damn, our boy is not looking good.

Are you ready for the BIG HEADACHE in the coming season guys ?

Yup, we've all considered him in the top 3 full backs in the world since 2012/13. He was 21 then.
The problem is we were all thinking if he is this good at 21, how good will he be at 25 when he adds the missing elements to his game.

We now know the answer. He peaked at 21 and that's his ceiling.
He can taken another 40 yrs, till he is playing in the park with his grandkids but he will still not manage to beat the first defender when trying to send in a cross.
Last edited by Ed. on Mon May 21, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Sun May 20, 2018 2:24 pm

bbenno wrote:Our counterattacks are too slow!

Yup, this.
There are some members who say we should abandon wingers and deploy tactics that use our midfield strength. It does not matter.

We are woefully lacking in cutting edge in terms of pace across the pitch and opposing teams know it.
It does not matter what tactics we deploy, teams know we can't get to goal in 3-4 passes.

Coman when fit helps but that is not nearly enough.

Also agree there was no need for Javi to be starting this game. Tolisso injected energy and drive when he came on which could have been used from the start.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Sun May 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Hmm Zwayer had his hands in the 2005 Betting Scandal.Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:30 pm

DerKaiser wrote:JuppOut :wink:

Bayern has become utterly predictable and frankly devoid of any creativity.

To be fair, we did lose all the finals back in 2011/12, the next season we bounced back with a TREBLE. Niko Kovac showed some real quality today and this season in general. Taking a club like Frankfurt to this height amazing. Let's just hope next season we strengthen our squad and absolutely demolish the UCL and the B.Liga.

No loss should ever tarnish Jupp's legacy. The man is a L E G E N D. It's unfortunate we couldn't give him a sendoff. I'm just gonna pretend 2013 was his send off cause today, and that B.Liga match against Stutgart, would be a dreadful way to say goodbye to one of the best managers for FC Bayern.

yeah right... Dream on... Only thing we’re demolishing is our own reputation...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun May 20, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm still pissed off with the VAR comedy

Without VAR I wouldn't even complain as I think it's not easy to see that handball live. But how can you not call handball after watching the replay????? Seriously, what the hell????
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Mon May 21, 2018 6:03 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm still pissed off with the VAR comedy

Without VAR I wouldn't even complain as I think it's not easy to see that handball live. But how can you not call handball after watching the replay????? Seriously, what the hell????

The handball is acceptable, deemed involuntary, but the penalty was stonewall.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

[2018-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby Ollio » Mon May 21, 2018 9:28 pm

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/998612198732812288?s=20

A contact is a foul right? This is what sucks about football. In most sports, foul is a foul. In football the mentality seems to be that it isn't a foul if it isn't painful enough. **** that ref.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:56 am

As long as referees have the final say, VAR won't fix anything. Referees are humans who have subjective opinions and can be bought.

It's much more achievable to overhaul your squad to the point where we can overcome any dodgy decision from a referee by pure quality (or start bribing the refs ourselves), hence the invalidity of referee complaints in this game, the Madrid ones, or in general.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Tue May 22, 2018 8:20 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:As long as referees have the final say, VAR won't fix anything. Referees are humans who have subjective opinions and can be bought.

That's not entirely correct. Referees do have the final say, so they can still be bribed and/or have weird opinions, true. However, the task has become much more difficult for them because they can no longer use their excuse of not having been able to see it properly. They have much more explaining to do, with VAR. Without VAR, Zwayer wouldn't have been trending this much on Twitter. What before could be brushed off as a simple mistake is suddenly looking deliberate and intentional. I'd say incidents like this are rather the exception than the norm, with VAR.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue May 22, 2018 9:00 am

I don't understand why people are against VAR. Do people not want to correct mistakes? VAR is not perfect and will probably never be. I mean that VAR incident where the players went into the dressing room and had to come back to the pitch, that was ridiculous. But I will take imperfections over nothing. I don't want Bayern to score a goal that shouldn't have been and I don't want Bayern to concede one likewise.

Again VAR won't solve everything, like incorrectly flagging for offside or the referee still making the wrong decision. As MUTU said, he will be more scrutinised because he viewed the replay and doesn't have the excuse of not seeing what happened.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MaCk0y » Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 am

Ollio wrote:https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/998612198732812288?s=20

A contact is a foul right? This is what sucks about football. In most sports, foul is a foul. In football the mentality seems to be that it isn't a foul if it isn't painful enough. **** that ref.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Referees give all kinds of non existent fouls all the time when it's outside the penalty area... How many times for example have you seen referees give a foul for a defender who is in near his own flag, facing it and is closed down by the attacker and the defender just falls to the ground to win the foul because it's the easy way out? And Martinez didn't do this! The Frankfurt player literally kicked Martinez's foot. It was a genuine foul.

BTW, Kimmich does this a lot and he annoys me when doing it because he is trying to scam the referee. Hate that kind of stuff. IIRC he did it in this match but was attacking.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby Bayernbazi » Tue May 22, 2018 9:20 am

MUTU wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:As long as referees have the final say, VAR won't fix anything. Referees are humans who have subjective opinions and can be bought.

That's not entirely correct. Referees do have the final say, so they can still be bribed and/or have weird opinions, true. However, the task has become much more difficult for them because they can no longer use their excuse of not having been able to see it properly. They have much more explaining to do, with VAR. Without VAR, Zwayer wouldn't have been trending this much on Twitter. What before could be brushed off as a simple mistake is suddenly looking deliberate and intentional. I'd say incidents like this are rather the exception than the norm, with VAR.

Here is another interesting point made by Gagelmann to Sky which I saw on Sunday but if I'm translating correctly is worth a thought.
He is critical of the selection which was shown to Zwayer. I think he is saying that from what we could see on the Tv's he was shown the last part of the action in slow mo, repeatedly but there was no showing of the larger span of the incident in real time which sometimes puts things in better persepctive. So it also depends on what is fed to the ref from the VAR studio.....selective information
I stand to be corrected if I am translating incorrectly.

DFB Cup: Gagelmann on Zwayers problem with video evidence GER
Bayernbazi
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal