You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-27] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Bayern Munich will go through on penalties
5%
Bayern Munich will go through after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will go through after normal time
78%
Borussia Dortmund will go through after normal time
5%
Borussia Dortmund will go through after extra time
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will go through on penalties
2%

Total votes : 60

Re: [2013-02-27] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby MoFattal » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:34 am

Element wrote:Besides in every football game i have watched ,CBs usually tackle the striker
But Mandzukic is the only Strikers who tackles AND FOULS CBs more than they tackle him!!!

That's what makes him so special. He's our first defender. And we need someone as aggressive as him to continuously harass the CBs and show them that they won't be having a quite night.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Other than that our defense looked pretty solid as usual =P~

The Wall won 73% of his tackles whereas Gundogan managed a poor 13% (both stats at their respective ends,) they had an amazing TWO attempts on target, Bayern 8 (yeah, thanks Kroosie...) Neuer had to do a couple of saves while Weidenfeller stretched his arms 7 times. The BEAST (please capitalize when necessary) was voted MOTM by a far stretch and Reus the flop. Here, throwing some stats there...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:08 pm

BayernLove wrote:
Borusse wrote:Just saying so everyone would know - BayernLove with his new avatar is very unsportsmanlike behaviour. [-X I feel offended and disgusted. [-(

I knew gambling with children is a mistake. You could learn a little bit of something about mutual respect and all that stuff.

PS As it turns out we let you win because it was your clubs birthday that night. We are nice guys and didnt want to ruin it for you. 8)

You were going to make this our avatar, I struck back!
Accept defeat, my friend.

I accepted it already, however you clearly dont know how to win my friend. :wink:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:25 pm

lay off Borusse, guys, he's already done more than I possibly could've bothered with.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Nobody is attacking me quaazi, but thanks, Ill remember to call you next time Im in trouble. :P Simply teaching BayernLove how to win with class and lose with class for that matter. :wink:
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Lukas » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm

I don't know about everyone else's countries but here in britain a lot of people have Dortmund down as CL contenders. Without being too harsh on them, this match for me showed why they're not. It was a very passive performance from them, against one of the best teams in europe and a team the level of which they haven't played yet this season (apart from the league game obviously when Bayern weren't at their best) Yesterday it should have been more than 1-0, but Dortmund were never really a threat on the Bayern goal anyway. I don't really know why this was, but maybe their success has caught up with them and teams know that they mustn't let them play their high tempo pressing game.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Also, I have no idea why people are saying they got really nervous during that Schieber header. It's Schieber, as if he is going to score. In fact I thought to myself when he came on that there's no way he'd nick a goal.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you Dortmund, thank you so much and thank you Robben. I won 420 Euro on bwin yesterday :-)

And I hope everyone saw Robben celebrating after the game!
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:17 pm

That Schweinsteiger-Martinez combo when the former chipped it in and the latter volleyed it was spectacular. What was even more spectacular, however, is Martinez's movement prior to the chance, and how he ran right through the defense.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:37 pm

quaazi wrote:Also, I have no idea why people are saying they got really nervous during that Schieber header. It's Schieber, as if he is going to score. In fact I thought to myself when he came on that there's no way he'd nick a goal.

I told my friend exactly the same after he came on :D

But I thought it was Lewandowski
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:39 pm

And our set pieces were great. We were dangerous in every one of them

Martinez + DvB + Dante + Mandzukic... it's a shame we didn't have any of those 4 in May last year :cry:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:50 pm

For me the man of the match was: Jupp Heynckes he "outcoached" Jurgen Klopp.

All along Dortmund was expecting Bayern to attack on the wings with Lahm and Alaba going high to overlap (this is how Bayern has been destroying the opposition in recent games). All of the sudden Lahm’s runs forward were minimal while Alaba did not even try, as a result Reus was left fully marked on wing, Großkreutz did not even touch the ball and Lewandoski became isolated and strangled by Dante, all this gave plenty of room to Bastian and Javier to outplay from beginning to end whatever Gundo, Bender and Gotze tried, mainly because they couldn’t find where to go as their frontline was fully neutralized with no space to operate. Last night Plan B and C did not work for Klopp, his players did not know how to deliver it.

Then comes Bayern offensive performance. Bayern was outstanding putting pressure high on the field, breaking Dortmund’s counterattacks right from the beginning, forcing Gundo and Bender to stay deep (separated from the attackers), our front line was able to creating extra-chances…… But here is my concern: What if luck was not on our side and that ball would have bounced elsewhere and not straight to Robben’s feet, what if the shot would have sailed over the bar? We probably would be lamenting here how many chances we blew once again, in the same scenario where we screw it only a few months ago.

It comes to my mind right away Martinez volley, Muller breakaway right after the re-start, Robben’s shot over the bar on the goalmouth, Kroos wide tap on the 2nd post, or Mandzu sloppy header when he had the time and space to chest the ball down then drill it. But in all cases or Roman came up with big saves, or our player tried and the execution under pressure let us down, at the end we can’t convert every chance.

The one chance that I truly believe was a waste was Robben’s break away on the left early in the game with Mandzu a step ahead of the last defender. Robben opted to shoot with no angle but he had a clear inviting space to channel the ball through straight into Mandzulic’s path. You could see Mandzu keeping his run and in frustration jumping and punching the crossbar. This is the type of poor decision making that tarnishes Robben’s game and what could have been an 8 or 9 performance considering he scored a wonderful goal all of the sudden gets downgraded to 7 and if he wouldn’t have scored probably to 6 or 5, this is the kind of thing that puts Muller ahead of him in the pecking order, although he still can be a great contributor to Bayern’s success because all other things he can do and his natural quality. At the end I give him a free pass on this one because he left –more than his heart- his skin on the field and he was played in his non-preferred side of the field, but wouldn’t be nice to have a Robben being a deciding factor in one the big Champions League games still to come with solid decision making? If that happens he will go in history as a Bayern great player, if he repeats some of his 2012 performances and Bayern comes short in the CL he will go down in history as a flop, that’s the thing line that separates Arjen right now from red glory to red disgrace. I predicted before this game that he was going to redeem himself against Dortmund and at the end he did, but it could have been the opposite as well, just because one play or maybe two.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:15 pm

The way Martinez was moving in this game I couldnt tell whether he was was playing as a defender, midfielder, or forward. He is definitely an upgrade from Gustavo; who is a defensive beast but is very limited compared to Martinez who covers all areas of the pitch.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Gustavo is a better distance shooter imo. At least Martinez still hasn't shown his skills in that area.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Millie07 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Borusse wrote:Gustavo is a better distance shooter imo. At least Martinez still hasn't shown his skills in that area.

Gustavo is by no means a prolific scorer(or shooter), although he did show improvement earlier in this season before his injury in his distance shots. And I'd have to say Martinez's strike from outside the box in the 2nd half was a decent shot. He probably could have tried to put it more towards one of the upper corners, but he still forced the keeper to push it over the bar. This was a game where we saw a lot from Martinez that we hadn't really seen before(distant shots, runs into the box, etc.), and I expect there might still be a few tricks up his sleeve. I don't expect to see it every match, but it's clear that he has talents that can be used almost everywhere on the pitch.
"The ball is round. The game lasts ninety minutes. This much is fact. Everything else is theory." - Sepp Herberger
Millie07
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal