You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-27] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Bayern Munich will go through on penalties
5%
Bayern Munich will go through after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will go through after normal time
78%
Borussia Dortmund will go through after normal time
5%
Borussia Dortmund will go through after extra time
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will go through on penalties
2%

Total votes : 60

Re: [2013-02-27] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:07 pm

MoFattal wrote:HAHAHAHA That is one of the best avatars I've seen on this forum, Borusse :D

Now, while doing the compilation, please make sure to include the number of times Lewandowski got D-WALLED 8) I counted at least 4 times. Lewy will change his mind about coming to Bayern to avoid having Dante facing him on a daily basis ;)

I'm sure he will also show Dante on the grass crying :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Looks like Robben's renaissance is in full swing now. Again his performance wasn't about the goal he scored, but everything else he did. Great running, good combinations and vision, worked hard throughout and had the confidence to beat his man. It's a pity he's become such an awful finisher, but like I said, if he can be kept outside the penalty area at all times... =P~
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 pm

The Spyware wrote:Also playing Großkreutz is total nonsense

True, starting Kuba would have been better I think.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Okay, our entire team had a great game.

In defense, Dante ate up Lewandowski. He manhandled him like a puppy. DvB was also great (bar a delayed clearance which gave BVB their best shot of the game), and his anticipation is world-class these days. I don't see Boateng getting back the starting spot anytime soon. On the flanks, Lahm was his usual best. Never troubled defensively and had great runs forward. And the fact the Marco Reus was substituted tells a whole lot about Alaba's tremendous defensive display. Neuer just did what he normally does. Remain alert and block those 1-2 shots conceded per game.

In midfield we were immense. Bastian with his best performance of the season. He never lost a ball and moved it forward with much class. Definitely man of the match. His partner, Martinez, is justifying the "complete midfielder" tag. His ball control is outstanding. He just needs to hold his temper a bit. It's okay to lose a ball every once in a while. Kroos was really composed on the ball. His passing was great as always. He was a bit on the slow side, and didn't have his usual impact in the final third. An average showing by his recent standards.

In offense, Mandzukic showed once again that he is the most "disturbing" player for the opponents' CBs. He held up the ball tremendously, threw himself into every loose ball, and harassed the CBs all night long. Lewy who you say? Muller was his usual strangely efficient genius. He could've been a bit more selfish to help put the game to rest, but he's a team player at first and you've got to love him for it. As for Robben, well, that's the Robben we all want to see. He played his heart out in this one, and really proved his worth to us. God, I missed those goals. He still has some work to do on finishing, but he's forgiven just for that amazing celebration after the final whistle.

As for our subs, Jupp couldn't have used them in any better way. Waiting till the 75th min to send Gustavo in was the perfect decision, and Gustavo shut down the middle of the park completely after his entry. And the last two subs to eat up the time are simple text-book stuff.

Bravo =D>
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Due to Gomez's late appearance I had to update my signature :)

Great game, we could and should have won it by a lot more than just the single goal, but we could have also easily let in a goal near the end (the Schieber chance pops to mind). All in all, great work!

PS: was it me or did this game seem like we were playing 4-6-0? Mandzukic was more of a midfielder than a striker today.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Mandzukic was all over the place today. I'm telling you, this guy is agonizingly underrated (and this is coming from the guy who was pretty skeptical about his transfer last summer).
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:25 pm

I guess it doesn't look funny now, motherf*cker :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MoFattal » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Hahaha lovely!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 pm

The Spyware wrote:For us I hate seeing Robben play on the left this is a total waste, always having limited options , never combining with Alaba , not able to shoot or cross. Only when he leave the flank and enter the middle as the case of the goal and other chances he got

=D> =D> =D> =D>

I was constantly telling it to my friend during the match. Even BayernLove could be able to defend Robben when he plays LM. He can't dribble, pass or shoot. It was a total waste and I was disappointed that he spent almost the whole game there. In fact when he moved to the right he did some cool stuff + great GOAAAAAAAAL

Well done Arjen :wink:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 pm

MoFattal wrote:Mandzukic was all over the place today. I'm telling you, this guy is agonizingly underrated (and this is coming from the guy who was pretty skeptical about his transfer last summer).

I'll say. What he contributes to our pressing game is unprecedented. Olic had the energy (and then some) but not the large physique or the tactical acumen to intimidate opposing defenders and play as a target man when necessary. Anyone else we've had recently - Gomez, Klose, Toni, Poldi - don't even come close.

He might not be even in contention as the best striker in the world, but he is the most perfect-iest player we can employ up front right now in regards to the team and the tactics we play.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:32 pm

MoFattal wrote:As for our subs, Jupp couldn't have used them in any better way. Waiting till the 75th min to send Gustavo in was the perfect decision, and Gustavo shut down the middle of the park completely after his entry. And the last two subs to eat up the time are simple text-book stuff.

Actually I had a CL final flashback when Heynckes took off Muller in the final stage of the game. Didnt you? Its funny because if we would score you would say this was a stupid change and you had to play without Muller for another 30 minutes. :D

Adept: Sahin is match fit but I have no idea why he isnt playing. Klopp must not trust him at this point, we will see what happens in the future.

Gotta love Alaba. He is one of the people in Bayern who I really ike, such a talented left back and its hard to find one these days. Oh, and also, he has such a kind and friendly face! :)

Mandzukic was working hard, no doubt, but his constant falling down when he was fighting for a ball and then displaying his "suprise/angry" face when the decision of the ref doesnt go his way... It was both funny and irritating. :P
Last edited by Borusse on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Borusse wrote:Actually I had a CL final flashback when Heynckes took off Muller in the final stage of the game. Didnt you?

Honestly, I did. I just said, please not Muller. It's a bad omen taking Tommy out. I guess that omen is broken now :D
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:35 pm

It's a quarterfinal, it's okay to take him off. Semifinal or greater, though. :twisted:
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Oh, yeah, and we didnt score. Shiiit, our 14 games streak is broken. Statistics are useless. :|

I will write it once again to be sure everyone read it:

Mandzukic was working hard, no doubt, but his constant falling down when he was fighting for a ball and then displaying his "suprise/angry" face when the decision of the ref doesnt go his way... It was both funny and irritating.

:mrgreen:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 pm

You look so good with that avatar :oops: :twisted:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal