You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-27] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Bayern Munich will go through on penalties
5%
Bayern Munich will go through after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will go through after normal time
78%
Borussia Dortmund will go through after normal time
5%
Borussia Dortmund will go through after extra time
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will go through on penalties
2%

Total votes : 60

Re: [2013-02-27] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby MoFattal » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 pm

I've got to admit, the Dortmund game is actually our toughest so far this season. Losing it means we failed one of our season objectives, and that can't be good for the team morale no matter how strong our current form is. I always feel nervous when it comes to one-leg KO games, especially when the opponents are of the top caliber as BVB. We all know how good you are, Borusse, and most of us cheer for you in Europe as well. So, trust me, I don't think any knowledgeable Bayern fan would consider Dortmund as a second-string opponent.

Regarding the predictions, I'm keeping my 3-0 for two reasons:

1) I'm an arrogant bastard, and you should've known that by now ;)
2) It's a wishful prediction of a score that I would love to see and, to be frank, is not certainly impossible to happen (I recall a game which ended 5-2). A 2-0 might sound more reasonable, but that wouldn't get on your nerves as a rout prediction would (which apparently worked) 8)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Yes, it worked, you arrogant bastard. :evil:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm

The ref of the game has officiated 4 Bayern Pokal games, all of them have been wins.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby BayernSupporter » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 pm

you hardly see the ego and selfishness highlights of a Robben or Ribery

They play different now atleast for Robben i can say he plays less ego now if you watched all the games so far since he recovered from the injury.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby mahoni » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 pm

I have no prediction for Wed. … just have good feelings. I also have to say that I´ve never been so calm before playing BvB.

When I think on last week at the Emirates … the mentality we played with offensively and in defense it remembers me of the spirit of the 70´s squad with Beckenbauer ect. The spirit that says the opponent: I´m just better than you and I have no fear when you have a lot of possession. Hitzfeld said the same in a Interview today – the team is as strong as the big one in the 70´s and Sammer can take the credit therefore.

On the other hand BvB didn´t impressed me against Donezk. Before the match I was like: someone who beats Real that easy like they did one time have to destroy this team which is good but not to compare with Real. I think Dortmunds problem in the Ukraine was the “spirit of understatement” and the lack of believing in their strength’s. Why I´m telling you that? Because something changed in Dortmund since last year: They are everything but stable in contrast to us. The only thing I´m curious about is if they change the system from the “CL system” – to be fast and stretched (that will be their death) to a system compared to the one they played against us last time (then it will be tight).

All in all I think we will see a different game compared to the last ones because we will play a much aggressive pressing than we did before against Dortmund.
mahoni
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MrLinky » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:26 pm

I can't wait for this one! They've been rather uninspiring in the Bundesliga this season, but delivered great performances in the big games when it counted, especially in the CL. In the 2 last years, their pressing game against us was always on point, which didn't allow us to unfold our usual 1-on-1 wing play and made our offensive efforts fruitless. But this season there's more flexibility to our attack, more players are getting on the end of balls, and we've got Martinez in CM now, who can initiate attacks and play through balls. So pressing Schweinsteiger hard while they could afford to let Gustavo have as much of the ball as he wanted is not possible anymore. I see us in a favorable position with a slight competitive edge, but they're gonna be a tough nut to crack and these Cup games can always go either way. Some of their players seem to be questionable for Wednesday due to minor injuries, most notably Hummels, but there's no doubt in my mind that they will all play.

Should be a very intensive 90 minutes, maybe even more than that. I'm looking forward to it!
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 am

Fun fact:
Bayern conceded a goal against Dortmund in 13 consecutive games. :P

And you scored against us in the last 3 games.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby mdm90 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:36 am

I'm pretty nervous, everyone will need to have their wits on them. Would be great if we could score early on. If Robben plays like he did on the weekend then I'll be all for him getting his starting spot back.
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Chalant » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:20 am

Will be interesting to see how things shape up without Ribery. Jupp won't play Shaqiri for sure, even though I'd like to see him play. I really think that Shaq can cut up the BVB defence with his great passing.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby SilverX » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 am

Chalant wrote:Will be interesting to see how things shape up without Ribery. Jupp won't play Shaqiri for sure, even though I'd like to see him play. I really think that Shaq can cut up the BVB defence with his great passing.

I don't think Shaqiri was that good in the last match. He needs to learn a lot more before he can be a starting player. Hopefully he will learn some stuff under Pep.
My Youtube Channel Mia San Bayern

https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtremedragon10
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 am

Borusse wrote:Fun fact:
Bayern conceded a goal against Dortmund in 13 consecutive games. :P

And you scored against us in the last 3 games.

Fun fact:
At this point in the Bundesliga, no club ever conceded as little as 8 goals as did Bayern. And it's not just the last 13 games we're talking about but all clubs in all historic years :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:05 am

I agree with you Borusse that Dortmund are more than capable of scoring one goal. Also watching their past performances they have been far too good when it comes down to playing us. But I hope that you don't feel offended by any predictions made by us guys.
Spoiler: show
I'm just toying with you! :twisted:
Unexpected things have happened in past and may happen tomorrow. Tell me who would have thought you guys would best us 5-2 in cup final? Don't lie. No body. Anything can happen. Scores don't always reflect the game. So I hope you don't take the predictions personally.
Just so you know, I am going with 2-0 for us. I think we can. Our arena and I have this gut feeling that we will keep a clean sheet. Rather I would like us to keep it because that against a team like Dortmund would work wonders for the team's confidence. :|

On another note, what would happen MoFattal and Borusse were seated across each other in a restaurant or bar for that matter?
It would turn into a pretty heated brawl. :lol: :lol:

Me of last season too would have engaged in a verbal duel. Not now. Because I have hope that you'll find your way to the right side. :P :wink:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 am

MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Borusse » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:47 am

AdepT wrote:On another note, what would happen MoFattal and Borusse were seated across each other in a restaurant or bar for that matter?

I predict we would have a lovely conversation. :)

Less than two days till the kick-off. Last time I was so excited was before facing Real. :)
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:49 am

Dinner's on me ;)
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal