You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-28] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
76%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win on penalties
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win inside 90 minutes
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2015-04-28] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:48 am

MUTU wrote:That's the exact number of times our penalties protested for a penalty.

The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:48 am

Well, the number of times the team protested isn't an objective yardstick. :lol: One definitely should have been given, maybe the Schmelzer (?) handball too. But in the end, there have been other games where such calls went in our favour, so I'm a bit reluctant to complain.

Tagesspiegel writes Neuer took the pen because everyone else wanted to avoid being embarrassed. Not sure if that's genuine information or just their presumption. He's also termed the "tragic figure" by our splendid media. As if he was the only one who missed, and as if we'd even made it to the penalties if not for his saves.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:55 am

RedQueen wrote:Tagesspiegel writes Neuer took the pen because everyone else wanted to avoid being embarrassed. Not sure if that's genuine information or just their presumption. He's also termed the "tragic figure" by our splendid media. As if he was the only one who missed, and as if we'd even made it to the penalties if not for his saves.

In all fairness, the team on the pitch wasn't ideally suited for penalties. Neuer had a 100% record at them, after all... Schweini was almost certainly the last taker, so a list of Lahm, Alonso, Götze, Neuer and Schweini isn't that bad considering the circumstances. From the lot of Bernat, Boateng, Benatia, Rafinha, Weiser and a concussed Lewandowski, only Rafinha could've taken one (he used to be a penalty taker at Schalke, didn't he?), but I don't remember him taking any at Bayern. Could be just my poor memory though.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:01 am

I stand by it that we should practice taking penalties. Everyone, and if Neuer wants to take part, him too. You can't be sure there will only be five. A couple of weeks ago people made fun of Leverkusen and now this.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:03 am

RedQueen wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:...but as I see it the team lost it and never recovered after the denied penalty from that handsball.

We wouldn't be where we are if we weren't able to recover from something like that. Things like that happen in many games.
Come on, we dominated the game for 75 minutes and failed to put the thing to bed.

I accept and know that we are wasters and we've been punished more than once for that, in fact I said that if we had scored we wouldn't be here discussing this, but I don't accept that the referee denying subsequent blatant penalties is something that goes away with 'Things like that happen in many games.' its a robbery.
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:03 am

Ref apologizes to Bayern for not awarding a pen (Schmelzer handball).
Peter Gagelmann entschuldigt sich bei Bayern München | N24 [source]
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:28 am

RedQueen wrote:I stand by it that we should practice taking penalties. Everyone, and if Neuer wants to take part, him too. You can't be sure there will only be five. A couple of weeks ago people made fun of Leverkusen and now this.

Definitely. The same goes for corners which is another area in which we are wasting a lot. This seems to be due to the fear of loosing possession but these can unblock park-the-bus teams.

Now that you mentioned the Leverkusen penalties, I remember that yesterday Pep did not have his penalty shootout secret weapon :lol:
Spoiler: show

Although yesterday I think he wouldn't have hesitated to use it as an actual weapon like some wrestling guy, on the 4th official.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:30 am

What a bizarre game of football - especially the penalty shootout at the end. As a Bayern fan, I'm sorry - even a tad deflated - about the loss but, in the cold light of day, something tells me this morning that the result is probably better for the Bundesliga.

I don't think the blame game makes any sense. Most of the Bayern players performed well enough to win it. The ref and his assistants weren't great, but no worse that average. There may have been a penalty call or two, but there was no real case of the ref in a good position and showing anything that can be described as bias. (My only contention was the keeper's foul on Lewandowski - has to be reckless/dangerous play, because the keeper could clearly see that he'd wreck Levandowski before he committed.)

Time to refocus on getting a good rhythm in the remaining Bundesliga games, and the challenge of meeting Barcelona in the Champions League.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:43 am

Badger wrote:What a bizarre game of football - especially the penalty shootout at the end. As a Bayern fan, I'm sorry - even a tad deflated - about the loss but, in the cold light of day, something tells me this morning that the result is probably better for the Bundesliga.

I don't think the blame game makes any sense. Most of the Bayern players performed well enough to win it. The ref and his assistants weren't great, but no worse that average. There may have been a penalty call or two, but there was no real case of the ref in a good position and showing anything that can be described as bias. (My only contention was the keeper's foul on Lewandowski - has to be reckless/dangerous play, because the keeper could clearly see that he'd wreck Levandowski before he committed.)

Time to refocus on getting a good rhythm in the remaining Bundesliga games, and the challenge of meeting Barcelona in the Champions League.

but why always the Bundesliga? are we BuLi fans or FC Bayern fans ? Who cares about BVB and the lot... remember this they all hate Bayern yes they all H.A.T.E FC Bayern ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:01 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Badger wrote:What a bizarre game of football - especially the penalty shootout at the end. As a Bayern fan, I'm sorry - even a tad deflated - about the loss but, in the cold light of day, something tells me this morning that the result is probably better for the Bundesliga.

but why always the Bundesliga? are we BuLi fans or FC Bayern fans ? Who cares about BVB and the lot... remember this they all hate Bayern yes they all H.A.T.E FC Bayern ...

Largely because if the Bundesliga becomes too one-sided Bayern will eventually become a victim of their own success. The German Cup was the best of the three trophies for some other team to win, and a Dortmund v Wolfsburg final is not a bad alternative to Bayern being there.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:02 am

RedQueen wrote:Ref apologizes to Bayern for not awarding a pen (Schmelzer handball).

Thanks for this! Made my day at least.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Badger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:08 am

MUTU wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Ref apologizes to Bayern for not awarding a pen (Schmelzer handball).

Thanks for this! Made my day at least.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

The way Bayern were taking penalties last night, it probably wouldn't have made much difference, had he awarded it. :-(
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:10 am

Badger wrote:The way Bayern were taking penalties last night, it probably wouldn't have made much difference, had he awarded it. :-(

As was said earlier by someone else, had FC Bayern been awarded THAT penalty (or a few others), Thomas Mueller would have taken it while the confidence of the Bayern players was high. You can't draw any parallels at all with what happened during the shootout.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Badger » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:14 am

MUTU wrote:
Badger wrote:The way Bayern were taking penalties last night, it probably wouldn't have made much difference, had he awarded it. :-(

As was said earlier by someone else, had FC Bayern been awarded THAT penalty (or a few others), Thomas Mueller would have taken it while the confidence of the Bayern players was high. You can't draw any parallels at all with what happened during the shootout.

I agree.

My earlier comment was really just wry.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby RedQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 am

The way Bayern were taking penalties last night, it probably wouldn't have made much difference, had he awarded it.

Exactly what Neuer told Sky :lol:
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal