You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-28] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
76%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win on penalties
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win inside 90 minutes
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2015-04-28] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:06 pm

We had good 20 minutes after scoring and the rest was all Bayern. Really can't understand how we got through but oh well. :D

Polish Dortmund fanclub is going to Berlin to watch the game in the fanzone. :P
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby RedQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:06 pm

sherpthederp wrote:Because Müller would have taken the handball pen, and he's the most confident penalty taker on the team

And the likes of Götze and Alonso and Lahm can't be expected to convert a pen? I'm excluding Neuer here on purpose, he shouldn't even be required to take one. That obviously some field players chickened out again - I see no other explanation - is infuriating me the most. I really thought this was over, but apparently not.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Grimnir » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Mia san Bayern wrote:I don't think Pep is to blame for the loss today. The team played quite well, had a couple op very good chances to score and obviously a referee who was completely incompetent.
His substitutions seemed to make sense as well. Robben for Thiago seemed quite logical since Thiago wasn't visually involved in the last 10 minutes he played and Robben would have given us a psychological boost after the first not given penalty. Hindsight is great but it was not like everyone expected that Robben would get injured again because he wouldn't have been on the bench then. Schweini for Muller worked out quite well (sort of). Muller wasn't really involved after that first not given penalty and Basti did create good chances, who would've thought Langerak would make a monster save like that. And then Gotze for Robben was also not the strangest decision since Gotze had shined as a sub on the biggest stage of them all. It's just one of those nights where everything goes wrong.

You would think by now people would realise the kind of player Müller is. How many matches people complain they don't see him, he's off the mark, not involved blah blah blah and then he turns up out of nowhere and scores a goal. Have people forgotten so fast Müller sprinting down the pitch at Weidenfeller in extra time and scoring a brilliant break away goal? He's not a player you sub off in a big match, especially with a marginal scoreline and the chance of going to penalties where he's our best penalty taker. Alonso subbed off would have worked well not Müller. We did not need Alonso.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Borusse wrote:We had good 20 minutes after scoring and the rest was all Bayern. Really can't understand how we got through but oh well. :D

Polish Dortmund fanclub is going to Berlin to watch the game in the fanzone. :P

because we wanted to... we gave you and Klopp a present can't you believe it don't you??? :)
come on two slips ... two mysterious misses by Fussballgott... the match officials... so on and so forth ...
have fun playing Armina in berlin
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RodePiet » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Rauntšik wrote:German TV: Arjen Robben has a torn muscle fiber in his calf.

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m1 minute ago
Robben: calf muscle tear, according to @MOpdenhoevel

Robben has a torn muscle fiber in his calf, according to Sportbild

A lot of secondary injuries and a lot of "torn muscle fiber" injuries on FCB. I don't know whose fault it is, but there is something NOT right going on with injury treatment with this team. I don't think I've ever seen a team that has lost so much playing time to injury as Bayern this year.

As to this match....maybe the powers that be thought it would be good for German football if "poor" BvB won today. I don't think I've ever seen a more undeserved win save the CL loss to Chelsea. MOTM? Gagelmann for sure....
RodePiet
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mia san Bayern » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:18 pm

RedQueen wrote:Oh, please. No matter the controversial calls in the end it was our own doing. We didn't take our chances although we dominated the game for 75 minutes. You can't afford that against a team like Dortmund

Well let's take a look at the chances.
-The first chance for the 2-0 by Lewa should have been scored because if you can hit the crossbar from there then you can score.
-The second chance by Thiago could have been scored even though it was a bit challenging since it's tough to give power to shoot when you have the ball stuck on your foot.
After that you could sense that the players were affected by the first penalty call since they struggled to get in control after the first not given penalty. It was then when Bayern got it a bit under control again when Dortmund scored, which was completely our own mistake because we were sleeping. Our next good chances came in the extra time, both by Basti. The first one could have been headed a bit better, but the second header was placed beautifully and monster stops like those don't happen every day (reminded me a bit of Manu's save against Porto).
Then when we didn't get a justified penalty again and Lewa suffered a concussion the players still tried to give everything. It was then at the penalty's when everything became strange but then again it could have been caused by the events happening earlier.
You can try to practice these circumstances all you want but you can't practice a situation when everything that can go wrong goes wrong in an important match.

If we would have been given any of the penalty's earlier the probability to score would have been higher since the player who would shoot it would be a lot more confident than the players were at the penalty shoot .
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 pm

But still to me it is inexplicable. Why the loss in confidence? We regained control of the game in extra time. We were the better team and suddenly we're not capable of scoring penalties anymore? It just doesn't make sense. I can't find a logical reason for the loss of confidence without delving into conspiracy theories.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ovmsm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Grimnir wrote:You would think by now people would realise the kind of player Müller is. How many matches people complain they don't see him, he's off the mark, not involved blah blah blah and then he turns up out of nowhere and scores a goal. Have people forgotten so fast Müller sprinting down the pitch at Weidenfeller in extra time and scoring a brilliant break away goal? He's not a player you sub off in a big match, especially with a marginal scoreline and the chance of going to penalties where he's our best penalty taker. Alonso subbed off would have worked well not Müller. We did not need Alonso.

Agree.
Just this time it wasn't Alonso playing bad - he actually finally had a great game but Lahm was the one to take off the pitch.
Such a great game against Porto as RWB/RM with a freedom to help from time to time in the middle. I have to say it hurts when I am almost all the time complaining on Lahm for playing stupid & easy passes to Boateng or Rafinha because he is a great guy, our heart.
I just can't get rid of the feeling that Lahm is like the worst CM/DM in the team. I am even more satisfied with Gaudino's ideas.
Not to mention the situation when we will have Schweinsteiger, Alonso, Martínez, Thiago, Götze, Rode, eventually Alaba fit and Lahm would still play CM. Those guys would do better job :x
ovmsm
Getting the hang of it

Postby nm462272 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Lahm's slip threw the confidence off a bit... but then missing a second penalty by a slip? That seems like that would be it. Just a plain unlucky day... we were the better team, but it didn't happen. Biggest concern at this point is injuries and confidence leading up to Barca...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:26 pm

nm462272 wrote:Biggest concern at this point is injuries and confidence leading up to Barca...

Exactly. Other than that **** it, we can't always win all German trophies and a CL is just as beautiful with or without a treble. But we NEED that CL trophy. We must win it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BAYERNFOREVER » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:27 pm

Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez scored five of six goals today against Getafe - all stunning - and made it 102 goals for the season for Barcelona's famed forward line.
Guardiola needs to devise an ingenious plan to stop Barca's fantastic forwards in the two semi-final games.
How he will do this?

I hope Bayern players will fight bravely and not allowed to be humiliated again.
BAYERNFOREVER
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MillaMjau » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:28 pm

I'm not very disappointed. After that certain CL final this doesn't really hurt much. Luck simply wasn't on our side.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby RedQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 pm

@Mia san Bayern, you can rationalize this all you want, matter of fact is that by Pep's own words we don't practice penalties ahead of games that can go to penalties, because he doesn't want to give the players the feeling that they can't win in regular time. If you don't practice penalties, you lack the routine and you're more likely to miss when it counts. You're also more likely to chicken out and leave it to your goalkeeper to take one, who by his own words doesn't practice penalties, not only ahead of big games, but ever. I'm kinda surprised that apparently no one but me wonders why he, and not for example Schweinsteiger or whoever else was still on the pitch, stepped up and took the fourth.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 pm

RedQueen wrote:I'm kinda surprised that apparently no one but me wonders why he, and not for example Schweinsteiger or whoever else was still on the pitch, stepped up and took the fourth.

you have a good point, but it's also possible that Neuer insisted on taking the penalty himself.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:32 pm

BAYERNFOREVER wrote:Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez scored five of six goals today against Getafe - all stunning - and made it 102 goals for the season for Barcelona's famed forward line.
Guardiola needs to devise an ingenious plan to stop Barca's fantastic forwards in the two semi-final games.
How he will do this?

I hope Bayern players will fight bravely and not allowed to be humiliated again.

by not playing Alonso (WHO is used to get 5 & 4 goal losses against Barca) and the world cup winning goal scorer.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal