You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-28] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
76%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will win on penalties
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win on penalties
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win after extra time
No votes
Borussia Dortmund will win inside 90 minutes
14%

Total votes : 21

Re: [2015-04-28] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby Mia san Bayern » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:36 pm

The players should keep their head up heigh, they played well today. Yes we should have scored a few chances and that penalty shootout was hilariously bad but when you have two very clear penalty's and a red not given for a concussion you're of course going to be affected psychologically.
So I hope the team tries to learn from the match (especially not trying to fall away in the middle of the second half) and try to be even more motivated for the CL now. Time to get some justice for this season.
Just hope Robben is okay [-o< .
Last edited by Mia san Bayern on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby krisopi4eto1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:36 pm

It's not the loss I'm worring about. It's the mentallity after this game.
krisopi4eto1
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Absolutly..that penalty shootout almost made my die.I'm nervos as .... :x
The picture says it all.

I wasn't nervous at all. It was obvious from Lahm's look that he would miss and once he did I was 200% sure we were going to lose. The problem is that the players were just as sure. That can't ever happen WTF.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MatZam » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm actually less mad than I thought I would be.

It's an unlucky loss, I dislike blaming the referee but we could easily have had at least one penalty in our favour (although whether we would have converted it is another matter altogether).

The team shouldn't even dwell on this, if I was Sammer I'd be telling them to forget about it and get ready for Leverkusen in the weekend, and Barca the Wednesday after. I am more concerned about the injuries and the extra fatigue on the players to be perfectly honest, as well as the morale blow to them.

If I was Pep I would simply focus on resting the players in preparation for Barca. I think the best team would be something like this.

This is of course assuming Thiago is fit.

Lewandowski, Alonso, Boateng and Mueller shouldn't even step onto the pitch on Saturday in my opinion.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ovmsm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 pm

I had a bad feeling after Thiago and Müller substitution, u just need those players but what happened after ... Everything was poor after that point. We were supossed to have 2 penalty kicks during the game.
In the end I have to say I don't see any bad decision about tactic or the starting squad. Alonso finally played an awesome game, he didn't do any mistake (well the penalty sucked :lol:). Robben shouldn't play when we were leading but this was just bad luck once again. Maybe its better now than having a tactic for Barcelona with him and lose him there.
Thiago and Müller should play all the time because they are the keys to our play.
If it was a saving for Barcelona then its okay. This year I prefer Champions league and revenge to Real Madrid. Now we have just one competition to focus on, lets win it.
We need to let our players to rest more and in Bundesliga play with others because despite the bad luck we weren't even in a good condition at all.
ovmsm
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby silberkreuz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Robbed.
Absolutely robbed.
Two clear penalties not given and the ref knew it, too.
What can you say? Bad day at the office, unlucky, unfavourable conditions.
Whatever.
Robbed.
I quoted quaazi's wisdom of the 2012 final to my family when Muller was taken off:
'Never take off Muller'
Last edited by silberkreuz on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Grimnir » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Blame Guardiola for quite a bit of it. His first mistake was to take off Müller instead of Alonso for Schweinsteiger. Sorry but in a semi final even where we are dominating but still only 1-0 you do NOT take out one of your biggest big game players nor your best penalty taker willingly! Big mistake. And starting Lahm in this situation for penalties was just silly. We needed a sure first penalty not a 50/50 chance, captain or not.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby prasun77 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Hmm..its okay..few decisions could have gone our way but..

Klopp deserves to go with a trophy after all..an exceptional coach..

Besides we have won the cup 2 times in a row..so nothing to be sad about..we were going to lose it at some point..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:42 pm

Grimnir wrote:Blame Guardiola for quite a bit of it. His first mistake was to take off Müller instead of Alonso for Schweinsteiger. Sorry but in a semi final even where we are dominating but still only 1-0 you do NOT take out one of your biggest big game players nor your best penalty taker willingly! Big mistake. And starting Lahm in this situation for penalties was just silly. We needed a sure first penalty not a 50/50 chance, captain or not.

Agreed on the substitution but Lahm is always our first penalty taker and he's always delivered. Dunno what happened today, not just him but everyone clearly gave up before the shootout even began.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Maybe not practicing penalties isn't such a good a idea after all.

Believe me or not I saw the equalizer coming. You can't dominate the game for 75 minutes and not put it to bed, not against Dortmund.

I hope Dortmund win the cup now, and I hope Thiago and Lewa are alright. With Robben, according to ARD the preliminary diagnosis is muscle fibre rupture in the calf.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Pep's mistake was introducing Robben in place of Thiago. It should have been Bastian. Anyhow, sh!t happens and we got a whole lot of it today.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BAYERNFOREVER » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Last year double, this year 1 trophy, next year ???..apparently is going down, not up :(
BAYERNFOREVER
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby MatZam » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:45 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Grimnir wrote:Blame Guardiola for quite a bit of it. His first mistake was to take off Müller instead of Alonso for Schweinsteiger. Sorry but in a semi final even where we are dominating but still only 1-0 you do NOT take out one of your biggest big game players nor your best penalty taker willingly! Big mistake. And starting Lahm in this situation for penalties was just silly. We needed a sure first penalty not a 50/50 chance, captain or not.

Agreed on the substitution but Lahm is always our first penalty taker and he's always delivered. Dunno what happened today, not just him but everyone clearly gave up before the shootout even began.

Lahm has always been iffy at penalties, it's one of his very few weaknesses (and I am not just saying this because of tonight). He's rarely looked confident when taking them and if I remember correctly he missed one in the 2012 CL semis against Madrid.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby silberkreuz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:46 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Agreed on the substitution but Lahm is always our first penalty taker and he's always delivered. Dunno what happened today, not just him but everyone clearly gave up before the shootout even began.

Pretty much, taking off Muller was a mistake, but Lahm, our captain, taking the first penalty is not a mistake.
The fact that both he and Alonso slipped exonorates them both.
It should never have gotten to penalties- at least not thee shootout stage.
We should have been given two penalties, simple as.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Oh, and I'd really like to know why it was Neuer who stepped to take the fourth this time. Anyone chickened out again?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal