You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-24] Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Nürnberg

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Bayern Munich will go through to round 3
88%
1. FC Nürnberg will go through to round 3
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: [2008-09-24] Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Nürnberg

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Rensing

Oddo Lucio Micho Lahm

VB Ze

Schweini Borowski Ribery

Luca

This is the formation I would like to see us play on Wedesday with .
It will remain Klinsi's "dirty little secret" why he's been playing Lell so often in the last few weeks and left Oddo out , who proved against
Bremen that he is a useful addition to our team and way better than Lell on the right .
We would be more solid in the defense with the 2 DM in Ze and VB , and we would have 3 OM who would rotate positions through the whole
match in the offensive part of the midfiled .
Luca as the only striker is due to the lack of form of our other 2 strikers , I mean why always play formations with 2 attackers when we can
play formations with just one attacker and more offensive midfielders who would add more creativity to our play .

I would love us to try out this formation , dont think Klinsi will though . :(
In one of the first interviews he gave , he said that we're not gonna play any formation including only one striker , because according to him
these formations are useless .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:48 pm

I don't know if Toni is a great lone striker, judging by his performances with Italy recently. I also seem to remember being not impressed with the results when Hitzfeld tried it last season. He's just not mobile enough most of the time, compared to Klose or even Poldi. That being said, I think Ribery could play as a deep striker, supporting Toni. If he was given the licence to go forward all the time, he could just constantly menace defenses. I know he pretty much has that licence anyway, but I'm talking serious roaming forward action here, like Messi or Kaka. I think it would work.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:13 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I don't know if Toni is a great lone striker, judging by his performances with Italy recently. I also seem to remember being not impressed with the results when Hitzfeld tried it last season. He's just not mobile enough most of the time, compared to Klose or even Poldi. That being said, I think Ribery could play as a deep striker, supporting Toni. If he was given the licence to go forward all the time, he could just constantly menace defenses. I know he pretty much has that licence anyway, but I'm talking serious roaming forward action here, like Messi or Kaka. I think it would work.

I believe that Luca's lack of form for the Italian national team isnt due to the system , I have the impression that he just isnt feeling comfortable
in this team , and I think that the psychological factor in a player's performance is underestimated , the critisism on him by the italian press
has been enormous in the last couple of months .
I mean he's been performing badly for Italy in the European cup when he was the only striker up front , now in the matches they played in the
World cup qualification against Cyprus I think it was and some other team with Lippis' return they also returned to 4-4-2 , and he had a partner up front
in Di Natale/Gilardino and his performance still didnt improve .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:27 am

For me Bommel can be on bench or even not on it he is lame player who slow bayern game a lot.
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:58 pm

with all due respect to luca toni he is a finisher and not a creater, thats why in my opinion we cant play him as a lone striker, he reminds me of drogba and inzaghi, and to lesser extent Gomez they just know how to put the ball in the back of the net, we need someone like klose to create chances for him, however if you play ribery as a deep striker then it might work, i doubt klinsi will go for it though.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Well I think we can all agree that Toni's service from Italy is poor compared to what he gets from Bayern usually. All long balls, and even though he's good with his head he's better with his feet. And less predictable. But as far as lone strikers go, I think about Klose during the Euro (where he came in for a lot of unfair criticism IMO), Drogba all the time, Benzema at Lyon, Torres at Liverpool, etc. I don't see Toni making the moves that all of them do to be successful as a lone striker, and a lot of that is down to speed. He just needs someone else pulling the strings up there so that he can get around the box and bang 'em in like he did so well last season.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:47 pm

I still think bringing in Arshavin would be the perfect solution for Bayern. Ribery is a very talented player, one of the best, if not the best, in penetrating defences. He could play as a deep striker and create chances for Toni. Toni is gifted in knowing where to position himself, much like Gerd Muller. But the fact is that a team like Bayern should not rely on Ribery to win mathes. What if he sustained another injury that would keep him away for months? THEN WHAT?!
If we wanna win the CL we gotta start cashing out! And it's always a great investment because if we DO win the CL, we get a $100000000 prize (i think) and the Bayern fanbase will grow, that means more shopping on Bayern articles, which in turn means more money for Bayern. Don't forget the jersey rights and the membership base. This could give Bayern millions and millions!! So if we bring Arshavin, we'd have 2 superstars doing magic in midfield. And if one of them is injured or can't play for whatever reason, we still have another. Whaddayathink?
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:55 pm

I totally agree with i have been saying for a while that bayern are 30 to 40 mil away from winning the CL, 25 can be spent on arshavin and the rest on a good DM.
i really think we have a class player in every position except the central midfield Van bommel is an average player at best and this will have to be Ze last season with Bayern.
Winning the CL, or even just getting deep into it (semis, of final) would benefit the club in every way imaginable.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:16 pm

Guys, we're running a bit off topic here. Let's discuss topics in their respective thread please :) This is the match thread.

It seems we're going to see Lell in the starting line up... I read something that said that the only change from the starting formation of the match against Bremen is Ze. I hope this is not true!

I would like to see:

Rensing - Lahm, Lucio, Demichelis, Oddo - Ribery, Ze Roberto, Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Klose
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Accordin to kicker we are going back to 4-4-2 in this match .
Rensing - Oddo , Lucio , Micho , Lahm - Schweinsteiger , Ottl , Borowski , Ribery - Toni , Klose .
The formation isnt 100 % sure though , there might be some changes until the match starts .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:51 pm

What's wrong with the 3-5-2? It gives better chances to Toni and Klose, and we can always switch to a 5-3-2 if we're on the defensive. And we've got Ribery!
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MrLinky » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:07 pm

I never understood why we had to go from a successful 4-4-2 last season to 3-5-2 , of course its important for a team to be flexible and be able
to play different systems , but we have the players who are absolutely perfect for this 4-4-2 system , they just fit in .
On the other hand when we play 3-5-2 its the DM problem , VB cant play as the only DM , he's just too weak for that , it was perfect last year with Ze/VB asCDM
its the Ribery 'problem' ,where is he gonna play in this system, its the Schweinsteiger/Ze 'problem' , when Ribery returns , which is the case now ,
one of them has to be benched and we dont have 3 high class center backs , Van Buyten is great against the likes of Steaua but Im not too sure how he would do against the likes of Drogba or Torres .
Fact : Last year with the 4-4-2 system we only conceded 21 goals in 34 matches , this year its already 9 conceded goals in just 5 games .

Raphael Sanzi also has some explaining to do :wink: , why does the 3-5-2 give better chances to the strikers than the 4-4-2 according to you ?
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:17 pm

That's why we need to cash out for a proper DM in the winter break. The 4-4-2 is very good against German teams. But all what the 4-4-2 did for us in Europe was a very close defeat against Getafe (a team Hoeness hadn't heard of!) and a 0-4 defeat against Zenit (a team I hadn't heard of!). So as much as I wanna see Bayern win the German Cup and BL, I think they ought to practice the 3-5-2 more often, to get the hang of it in the CL!
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:31 pm

Yes VB is out he is benched

its
Rensing
oddo..... demi.....lucio......lahm
sheiwni.....ze...ottl......borowski....
klose......toni
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:40 pm

what a goal klose
shwas55
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to DFB-Pokal