You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-10-31] Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FC Kaiserslautern will win
No votes

Total votes : 22

Re: [2012-10-31] Bayern Munich vs 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:38 am

ramsej84 wrote:Finally I've saw some action by one of my fav players Weiser.

It's a shame Shaqiri was offside... it was a nice assist :)
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:47 am

Heynckes totally surprised me! Didn't think he would give a chance to all the subs. Even Weiser manage to get a run even though it was due to Rafinha's injury. Hats off to JH.

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby ballackfcb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 am

MUTU wrote:Emre Can had played for the senior team as a LB at the start of the season before losing his place to Badstuber.

This was his debut in his preferred central position.

He did not impress me much though. He had an okay match in my opinion, nothing more nothing less.

For me Can fouled too much.
He did work hard and played the ball well but there was no need to foul as much as Emre did.

I thought Pizarro was excellent up front and will provide real competition for the two Marios.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby hgb09 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 am

The most important thing is that we scored from a set-piece.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:02 am

Can was tactically... rough around the edges, I guess. But that's to be expected considering his age and his playing experience, or lack thereof. I can certainly (once again) see the potential that he has.

And Mutu, how can you say he didn't impress you? Didn't you catch any of those diagonal through balls to overlapping fullbacks that evaded all defenders every time? He showed great creativity, and also a readiness to take the game up himself with those marauding runs through the middle.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:25 pm

My two cents about Can:
1) Some claim he fouled too much, well Bayern has been a victim of itself for “not fouling too much”, don’t we all bitch about Bayern and Germany lack of balls every time they melt down? Matthäus, Effenberg, Jeremies, Van Bommel also fouled too much. I am not a fan of unnecessary rough play but I strongly believe that success is closely attached to players who hustle, specially holding mids, I am not talking about being brutal or playing agricultural football. Hustling implies a degree of contact that will translate into fouls throughout the game.
2) I wouldn’t let Can’s performance go over my head because it was a weak opponent but at his age he looked solid, he actually looked 2 or 3 years ahead of Martinez in midfield. I do not lose perspective that Martinez is an investment for the future but at this point I was expecting at least a few flashes of world class play per game from him. So far he has been fully flat and insipid in midfield.
Now about Martinez:
1) Martinez had a good game on the back but he was barely tested, nobody knows how he would do against a team like Dortmund spreading passes all over the backline or the quick counterattacks of Schalke and Hannover. As it stands today I trust Dante, Bads and Boa more than him for that kind of tests.
2) So far he looks like a 6 million dollar midfielder and I do not think for a second that he was bought to be a CB. I hope that he will be given more chances in midfield in the next weeks and starts showing some of his price tag then gets unleashed after the winter break. Otherwise all our high expectations can be put in question.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby kod2600 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 pm

I was thinking today, let's pretend Kaiserslautern is still in Bundesliga 1 somehow with the same squad, we all know Bayern would play with no subs and go all out because it's the Bundesliga, but Bayern decided to play with a sub squad because it's the DFB-Pokal, and they managed to amazingly beat them, and we're talking about Kaiserslautern and that's a Bundesliga 1 type of team despite being regulated just recently. I think it just shows you that we can survive if Heynkes trusted the guys on the bench in a little bit more important matches, not necessarily all of them.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby tomasv » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 pm

AssemFCB wrote:
tomasv wrote:Looks FCB acquired the most expensive CB in football's history :mrgreen:

Actually Silva and Ferdinand are even MORE expensive.

I forgot that old fogey has to be always at the top :?
plus mortelle que l'héroïne afghane |all my thoughts are all the time all insane
tomasv
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Our back line vs Kaiserslautern was very lucky not to concede a couple of goals. I didn't see anything particularly strong about our CBs to be honest. Granted, K'Lautern are only second to Bayern in goal scoring this season; luck and good counterattacking really played a great deal.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Previous

Return to DFB-Pokal