You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-02-10] Bayern München vs SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Discussions on the German Cup matches.

Who do you think will win?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Bayern
100%
SpVgg
No votes

Total votes : 17

[2010-02-10] Bayern München vs SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Quarter finals... been some time since we've had some cup action!

We've pretty much been handed one of the easier matches, and we're at home, but we mustn't underestimate them. This will be a good game to try and give Ribery 90 minutes though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [10-02-2010] Bayern München vs SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:41 pm

This will be an excellent opportuniity to try out Kopplin and Contento to see if they have what it takes to be our bench players. Then we might be able to SURVIVE if we have major injuries to our defense.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Re: [10-02-2010] Bayern München vs SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Postby Element » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:43 pm

We will win by 3 goals difference

but they wont make it easy for us (low clubs always fight, but lose in the 2nd half)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: [2010-02-10] Bayern München vs SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Postby nur4bayern » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:52 pm

It will be interesting who LvG fields for this match. It would be a good one for Ribery but I always get concerned playing lower tier teams as they usually play very aggressive which can lead to injuries. i wouldn't be surprised seeing Contento in the starting XI, maybe Kopplin too. A 4-1 win is my prediction.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby shileno » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:06 pm

I wouldn't use a different team from the first XI. I want Bayern to win the cup and I don't want any surprise.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:30 am

shileno wrote:I wouldn't use a different team from the first XI. I want Bayern to win the cup and I don't want any surprise.

I think we will field the usual XI with the exception of starting Ribery (unless there are any injuries). But I think LVG will put in some of our younger players at some point in the game. Contento or Kopplin might start the game, because like I said in another thread now that we only have Badstuber, Van Buyten, and Demichelis as real CBs, one of them might break into the first XI and Badstuber goes back to CB. But I doubt it will happen this season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Greuther Fürth are an average 2.Bundesliga team, but...

In 2010 they have won all their league matches

3-0 against the unbeatable Kaiserslautern
0-5 against FSV Frankfurt
1-0 against Energie Cottbus

And they kicked Stuttgart our of the DFB.

I think that we will win, but must NOT put a lot of non-starters.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:00 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I think that we will win, but must NOT put a lot of non-starters.

I Think that Maybe the Unhappy Tymoshchuk and Hamit will play a full half at least
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Yes, it's a good game for Tymoshchuk.

I can see Ribery, Klose, Altintop, Tymoshchuk and Pranjic in the squad... but I mean that we can't put Alaba, Ekici, Contento and 231231 young players. I want to reach the finals and win the DFB Pokal. I really like this competition :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:10 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:. but I mean that we can't put Alaba, Ekici, Contento and 231231 young players. I want to reach the finals and win the DFB Pokal. I really like this competition

true , u are totally right

I want to see something like this

---------------Butt----------
Lahm-----DvB--Demichelis--badstuber
---------Van Bommel----Schweini------
Robben-------------------------------Pranjic
----------Gomez-----Klose------

Muller Needs A Break , and I Would Bench olic for that game because we will need his 100% speed for Wolfsburg

Then in the 2nd half ,Tymoschuk comes in for Schweinsteiger or Van Bommel (Both mostly -nearly always- play 90 minutes

so giving one of them a break after 45 minutes seems fair enough
(we cant bench them form the beginning ) (We need Schweisnteiger To win , and Van Bommel wont get benched)

and maybe 10 minutes before the end of the game , we could see Contento coming in for badstuber (dont think that Demichelis will be subbed out)
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby nur4bayern » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Element wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:. but I mean that we can't put Alaba, Ekici, Contento and 231231 young players. I want to reach the finals and win the DFB Pokal. I really like this competition

true , u are totally right

I want to see something like this

---------------Butt----------
Lahm-----DvB--Demichelis--badstuber
---------Van Bommel----Schweini------
Robben-------------------------------Pranjic
----------Gomez-----Klose------

Muller Needs A Break , and I Would Bench olic for that game because we will need his 100% speed for Wolfsburg

Then in the 2nd half ,Tymoschuk comes in for Schweinsteiger or Van Bommel (Both mostly -nearly always- play 90 minutes

so giving one of them a break after 45 minutes seems fair enough
(we cant bench them form the beginning ) (We need Schweisnteiger To win , and Van Bommel wont get benched)

and maybe 10 minutes before the end of the game , we could see Contento coming in for badstuber (dont think that Demichelis will be subbed out)

I agree with the defense selection but I think Robben should get a break more so than Muller or Olic. If we build up a significant lead then it would be interesting to see some of the youngsters play in the second half.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:41 pm

I think that this should be the first game where Ribery must be a starter. Robben shouldn't play unless we are not winning in the half time.

Other than that, i agree with you guys.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby eddinanM3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 am

Klose and Altintop need minutes and you could probably say the same for Tymo. Klose should definately start this game and play as many minutes as possible and leaving Robben out wouldn't be a bad idea, no need to risk it. Bayern have plenty of firepower to put this side away.

I wouldn't mind seeing Contento in the second half as a sub.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eddinanM3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:29 am

ESPN 360 has this game on their schedule for live broadcast on the 10th if anyone is interested. It might even be on ESPN Deportes too?
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Element wrote:Muller Needs A Break , and I Would Bench olic for that game because we will need his 100% speed for Wolfsburg

You mean Borussia ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to DFB-Pokal