You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who else thinks Van Buyten should have been playing?

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who else thinks Van Buyten should have been playing?

Postby superstar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:30 pm

I think it was unacceptable that Van Buyten was given leave - I don't care what's going on with his family - players like him have to be around when big matches like this come along. That's the whole point of paying big euros for players so they can be around for matches like this - a bad decision by Klinsmann.

The only excuse IMO is if a player's wife is giving birth. In Van Buyten's case his father was one hour's flight away from the match - I'm sure Bayern would have paid for a private jet and he could have left the match and flown immediately to be with his father.

No one would have expected Van Buyten to leave his family for an everyday Bundesliga match - but he should have been there for a match of this importance. I bet he still collected his [huge] paycheck this week. Disgusting.

Is the Munich/German media criticising this?
superstar
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Who else thinks Van Buyten should have been playing?

Postby shpati_L1 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:25 pm

yh me.and Demichelis should have played as a LB.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby shileno » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Family always goes first [-X
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MrLinky » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:35 pm

superstar wrote:Is the Munich/German media criticising this?

No , not at all. It turns out that the rumours weren't true , his father didn't try to kill himself , he suffered a stroke. As shileno said - family goes first and I don't think he would have been able to focus 100 % on the game even if he would have been playing.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby josef78 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:06 pm

I agree too FAMILY always goes first.
josef78
Getting the hang of it

Postby Tomas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:29 pm

AND, no offense to DvB, but do you actually believe he would have made a difference out there? What we needed was DvB, Lucio AND Lahm... but only just 1 of them really wouldnt have mattered in the least. We played possibly one of our worst matches against one of Barca's best matches. It was just one of those cruel, cruel, days.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby iraqi fan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:23 am

Hi fellaz...
Family goes first for sure... but i have a question!
What exactly happened with DvB family???
FC Bayern Forever Number 1
You Can Call Us The Champions Of The World
FC Bayern Forever Number 1
We Are Much Better Than The Rest
iraqi fan
Hey, I'm new here!

Return to UEFA Champions League