You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

WHICH TEAM WILL WIN THE CL THIS YEAR??

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

WHICH TEAM WILL WIN THE CL THIS YEAR??

1.BARCA
13%
2.CHELSEA
13%
3.MAN UTD
8%
4.LIVERPOOL
No votes
5.ARSENAL
No votes
6.REAL MADRID
No votes
7.AC MILAN
4%
8.INTER MILAN
4%
9.OUR ROYAL TEAM BAYERN
50%
10.OTHER
8%

Total votes : 24

Postby kevh26 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:51 pm

we still have a relatively young squad, those players might be on the way out, but lahm, schweini, podolski, dos santos etc will be in their prime
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:04 am

They would be in their prime... but the question is... would they still be playing for us? Or would Abramovich have set his eye on them?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Danger » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:40 am

Ballack is gone ! so we are stronger now ..
I know this seems a little strange , but Bayern are much better without the so-called star Ballack ..
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby kevh26 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:16 pm

MUTU wrote:They would be in their prime... but the question is... would they still be playing for us? Or would Abramovich have set his eye on them?

I think the current trend of the best players in the world going to chelsea will drop off, they know how hard it'll be for a first team place and that'll affect their careers
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:39 pm

Well, Chelsea was just an example. There are many other big guns out there who like splashing their money around, namely Real Madrid, Milan and Barcelona.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:57 pm

Danger wrote:Ballack is gone ! so we are stronger now ..
I know this seems a little strange , but Bayern are much better without the so-called star Ballack ..

I beg to differ.

But maybe we'll play different football then we used to and that might work for our good.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby BMike86 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:36 am

realistically no, but we have a heck of a better chance than last year because eventually team chemistry and luck come into play. and the first step was we managed to be lucky enough to be drawn into a group we could possibly win. BUT Barcelona, Chelsea, ManU, Real Madrid, Arsenal, etc. have superstars that we couldnt exactly afford. yes we could get, but not realistically because bayern is a business first off, like many german clubs think and debt is unacceptable where many clubs in europe quite frankly dont care how much money they owe Chelsea has yet to proove that they can blend their talent well. ManU might actually surprise some this year, but Barcelona has the most talent and they work the best among the clubs with all the galacticos
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby alp01051 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:13 am

don't be so pessimistic. it is true that ballack,ze roberto jeremies good players and we will need players like them. but we must trust our young squad. our players are qualified and young as well(schweinsteiger,podolski,santa...) all worlds eyes on them. if we believe and fight, there are nothing we can do.
alp01051
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mirage » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:03 pm

I've been wondering if Schweini, Poldi and Lahm will still play for Bayern in a couple of years too ... It's really possible they'll sign to Spain or somewhere. I don't know if they'll want to go to England... I'd rather they stayed with Bayern!

I'd love to see it happen, but I think 2 or 3 years might be more realistic

And hey let's hope the board is still around in 3 years so we can talk about winning the CL :P If 3 years is what it takes then so be it!
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm

the current board leaves in 2008, good news in my opinion, beckenbauer and rumenigge need to work closer with the dfb in my opinion, bring in some more tv funds and then Bayern can be run like a football club, not a business
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:24 pm

Today I was thinking about shaping the future. The future beholds TV streaming on the internet. Perhaps TV sets will autmatically hook up to special ISPs which serve just TV... a bit like the way Voice Over IP works.

This will work towards Bayern's advantage I believe. One huge reason as to why we have less income from TV revenue is because we have less coverage. But with the internet being so widespread, and even more in the future, then many Bayern fans will hook up to this service... and it would mean that we are on more fair grounds as to the other clubs which are currently earning much more than us from this source.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:42 pm

kevh26 wrote:the current board leaves in 2008, good news in my opinion, beckenbauer and rumenigge need to work closer with the dfb in my opinion, bring in some more tv funds and then Bayern can be run like a football club, not a business

i like the point you make because i hate Rummenigge, so i will be very happy when he is gone, he is the main person you should want out. then possibly Magath, but Beckenbauer has no say in the club at this point. Like yes he is the club pres or whatever fabricated title they gave him but he doesnt really have any say in bayern's operations. he can give his opinion, but that is it. also Beckenbauer looks like he will be an important figure in fifa i believe, or atleast there has been talks about possibly heading fifa
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby kevh26 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:03 pm

I think he's been guinning for it for a while... Rummenigge would be good in an official post within the DFB rather than an individual club.

Hoeness gets to me sometimes, he's far too outspoken and often seems to upset the mood in the club...

magath I couldn't be happier with Hitzfeld's were some pretty huge boots to fill, but magath has done exactly what has been asked of him, regarldess of methods.
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BMike86 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:33 pm

kevh26 wrote:I think he's been guinning for it for a while... Rummenigge would be good in an official post within the DFB rather than an individual club.

Hoeness gets to me sometimes, he's far too outspoken and often seems to upset the mood in the club...

magath I couldn't be happier with Hitzfeld's were some pretty huge boots to fill, but magath has done exactly what has been asked of him, regarldess of methods.

Hoeness is fine and he knows what he's doin, he's been at his post forever. it will be interesting the day Hoeness gets replaced. it will bring in a new era of Bayern football. hopefully Scholl maybe could take his spot, or Kahn
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:53 pm

If everything moves according to plan, Hoeness will replace Beckenbauer and Kahn will replace Hoeness.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League