You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-14] Villarreal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 am

Villarreal will win
4%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
91%

Total votes : 23

[2011-09-14] Villarreal vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:49 am

Image vs Image

Venue: El Madrigal, Villarreal, Spain
Kick off: 

FC Bayern have been drawn in a group of death for the Champions League, along with Villarreal, Manchester City and Napoli. Diego López, Villarreal goalkeeper said: "this is the most difficult group in the history of the Champions League as it contains teams from the strongest leagues in Europe."

Everyone knows that a moment of uncertainty can lead to your elimination from this group, and our players need to be fully focused during the whole 90 minutes. Starting with an away match in Spain is never an easy task, but anything is possible.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2011-09-14] Villarreal vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:09 am

Can't wait

Hopefully we will win or at least draw this. As long as we get at least 4 points from the first two games, I am happy.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:31 pm

I guess the excitement got you to post this topic much earlier than other games =P~

I think this will be our most important game as it will set the tone for the remaining games. A win is a must, and hopefully we will get it [-o<
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Mazen96 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:34 pm

We're on very thin ice when it comes to CL this year. We should really be careful, and i frankly wouldn't mind playing defensive or just playing a bit like the wolfe match. Our situation is basically " Beg, Steal Or Borrow".
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:44 pm

I want you guys to keep an eye on Borja Valero. That guy is just an awesome and underrated player.

Maybe most of you don't know Villarreal even though they did well (and kicked Heynckes out) in EL last season, but they are a very difficult team. Their playing is similar to Barça and they have midfielders with great passing skills (Valero, Cani...) and two great strikers (Rossi, Nilmar). Last season Xavi Hernandez said that Villarreal was the best team who played in Camp Nou against Barça. Their GK is great too (Diego Lopez). They can make sick combos but they can also make great counter attacks.

They lost Cazorla (transfered to Malaga CF) but they still have a great team
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby CroCHEF » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:44 pm

I think Jupp learn from last year... he was better with Leverkusen, but lost at end.
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby vijay92 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:48 pm

This is the most important first game in the group stage for a long time in the champions league. A win would significantly reduce the pressure.
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:49 pm

CroCHEF wrote:I think Jupp learn from last year... he was better with Leverkusen, but lost at end.

He was better in the first leg, but Villarreal was much better in the second. Problem is that Rossi or Nilmar can score goals from nowhere just as they did against Leverkusen :evil:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:34 pm

For now I have voted for a draw since we don't know if Robben will be back by this match. I'm really hoping he can play this one.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Cathe » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:55 pm

If Robben is fit before then i'm kind of hoping they keep him out so he won't get injured again before this match. :|
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby The Spyware » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:05 pm

This match would have been very interesting for football fans if Van Gaal was our coach :lol:

I saw Villareal many times last year , yes they are great and are capable of great football but still we are better

I think with Heynckes-Style away games we can beat them
It's like that of Mourinho and Real defeated them last year in the Madrigal By Three goals

I think Our Games versus them in The Allianz Arena is a bit harder , Glad that we won't start with it
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby mmn0404 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:53 pm

im afraid about napoli more than this team
mmn0404
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Revolution » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:12 pm

The Spyware wrote:This match would have been very interesting for football fans if Van Gaal was our coach :lol:

I saw Villareal many times last year , yes they are great and are capable of great football but still we are better

I think with Heynckes-Style away games we can beat them
It's like that of Mourinho and Real defeated them last year in the Madrigal By Three goals

I think Our Games versus them in The Allianz Arena is a bit harder , Glad that we won't start with it

Villareal is weak in away games.Even odense beat them.
Revolution
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Last season they won in Leverkusen when Bayer was coached by Heynckes. So do not underrate them so easily

"We are weak in home games. Even Gladbach defeated us" :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:43 pm

I think we can manage to win...as Barca killed them with half of the reserves in the first team.

If we keep it tight at the back like we did till now and take advantage of counters...than we can squize 1 or 2 goals...I am sure of that.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League