You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-14] Villarreal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 am

Villarreal will win
4%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
91%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2011-09-14] Villarreal vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:22 am

Element wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Hey, I remember that Borja Valero was sent off with red card against Odense... so he is supposed to miss this match, isn't he?

isnt he the guy that you said that he is the most underrated player in Europe

Yes :) and he is suspended !! (He received a foul and then he headed the other player, so he was sent off)

Well, Villarreal without Borja Valero are not that good. He is by far their most important (and creative) player.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:46 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Well, Villarreal without Borja Valero are not that good. He is by far their most important (and creative) player.

I remember being impressed by him when they played Napoli last season, and judging by what you say he didn't just have 2 good matches then.

It's good for us if he doesn't play, but I was hoping we would get our first real test of the season. I guess there is still Rossi, and then Leverkusen. I don't want us to go facing City without knowing whether or not our defense is strong enough.

Of course, there is still Neuer if our defense is beaten. He has yet to prove himself for Bayern, but that doesn't mean he can't win matches on his own like he did for Schalke.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MunchenFC » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:02 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Well, Villarreal without Borja Valero are not that good. He is by far their most important (and creative) player.

I remember being impressed by him when they played Napoli last season, and judging by what you say he didn't just have 2 good matches then.

It's good for us if he doesn't play, but I was hoping we would get our first real test of the season. I guess there is still Rossi, and then Leverkusen. I don't want us to go facing City without knowing whether or not our defense is strong enough.

Of course, there is still Neuer if our defense is beaten. He has yet to prove himself for Bayern, but that doesn't mean he can't win matches on his own like he did for Schalke.

Villarreal is stronger than the last few domestic teams we have faced and of course FC Zurich, but even with Valero they are not the same calibre as Man City and the same can be said about Leverkusen who is better then Villarreal but not Man City as far as player quality, the ability to play cohesively as a team, maybe on their day.
All in all they will be stronger test as we do play away, which actually might to be our benifet as a confidence booster and less pressure, and one of the embryonic front runners of the Bundesliga.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:28 am

MunchenFC wrote:even with Valero they are not the same calibre as Man City and the same can be said about Leverkusen

Of course, very few teams are stronger than Man City. But Leverkusen and Villareal should be good tests for our defense, unlike the likes of Zurich. Freiburg are strong up front (they have scored 9 goals in the league this season), so I think it is a good start that we didn't allow them any chances.

Probably the only good attacking team we have faced so far are Wolfsburg, and they scored against us (but it was ruled offside), and were much better than us the whole game. We can't read too much into that though, we still hadn't exploded into form.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:53 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We can't read too much into that though, we still hadn't exploded into form.

And our players were too exhausted because of internationals....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:02 pm

34-year old Turkish Referee Cüneyt Cakir Will Be The Referee of this Match
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:11 pm

That's pretty young for a referee!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby CroCHEF » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Element wrote:34-year old Turkish Referee Cüneyt Cakir Will Be The Referee of this Match

http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/251/?ft=&
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:43 pm

Well, statistics don't seem to favor us - apparently, Villarreal hasn't lost a single Champions League game at home, while we haven't drawn in the last 13 away games, so that's an omen for defeat. Even more, Bayern's lost their last five games in Spain.

DAMN YOU, STATISTICS!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby appudds » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:52 pm

quaazi wrote:DAMN YOU, STATISTICS!

Well, Statistics are the substances of the past. A synonym for history. I see no need to correlate the past with the present. Also, history is meant to be rewritten. That's universal.
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:08 pm

CroCHEF wrote:
Element wrote:34-year old Turkish Referee Cüneyt Cakir Will Be The Referee of this Match

http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/251/?ft=&

That Referee apparently loves to give cards !!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby supra969 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Element this can benefit bayern in many ways
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Element » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Markus Hörwick ,Press officer of Bayern

said that the Same Squad that played vs Freiburg will go to Villareal

meaning , Usami is in , pranjic out
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MunchenFC » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:12 pm

quaazi wrote:Well, statistics don't seem to favor us - apparently, Villarreal hasn't lost a single Champions League game at home, while we haven't drawn in the last 13 away games, so that's an omen for defeat. Even more, Bayern's lost their last five games in Spain.

DAMN YOU, STATISTICS!

Statistics can kiss Gomez's shinny arse when he scores however many he feels Wednesday.
Want some stats, Gomez has 9 goals in the last 4 I think.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby rotweiss » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:33 am

If Bayern work hard like they did against Freiburg and create the same kind of chances at goal then I have a very good feeling about how we will fare in Spain. Stay away from the needless cards because we don't want to go a man down on the road.
rotweiss
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League