You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-14] Villarreal vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 am

Villarreal will win
4%
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win
91%

Total votes : 23

Re: [2011-09-14] Villarreal vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I think that Tymo played a great match. He was very important in our defensive work

He wasn't bad, he did win several balls, but he wasn't as good as usual and gave a few bad passes. I'd have preferred it if Gustavo had played, even if Tymo is experienced.

As for Kroos, I agree and disagree with quaazi. I'm not sure whether we should be playing him. Today he played well, but when he plays Muller has to move to the wing and he is less effective there.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 pm

The only question one has to ask Is whether the duo Kroos/Müller is better than Müller / Alaba and the answer is most certainly yes.

It's all about the team and not the performance of an individual player.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Look, I want to see this 4-3-3 with

Ribery---Müller---Robben
Schweini---Tymo---Kroos

=P~
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:01 am

Spanish Media is praising Bayern. I love it :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Spanish Media is praising Bayern. I love it :D

Well it's either that or smacking on Villareal's poor performance. :wink:
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:36 am

Bazi wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Spanish Media is praising Bayern. I love it :D

Well it's either that or smacking on Villareal's poor performance. :wink:

Both. They say that Bayern was too much for them and that we are 2 steps above. On the radio commentators were saying that Bayern is very strong this year. They don't say that with Bayern very often 8)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby shileno » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:53 am

Very good match! I thought we could score a bit more but, Villareal turned to be a strong opponent. I don't think Kroos should be benched, not at least until we get Robben back, he's recovering his form and he always can show great football, even if it's only for a couple of minutes. He's pretty similar to Muller in that way, not very consistent but a great player anyway. I really like how we have a serious football style, great defense and great offense. Heynckes really did a great job making the team work, and I never expected to see our new players to be playing at that level, specially Rafinha and Boateng.

Can't wait for Bayern to hopefully beat ManCity :)
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Stigger » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:59 am

Mr.S wrote:Muller got a 4.0 rating,worst in the match & on par with DVB from goal.com

Was he that bad was goal.com just being goal.com?

ill see Clark on Sunday, ill ask him how exactly goal.com grades players. Knowing Clark he has a reason since he is pretty levelheaded and usually doesn't overrate players except for Gotze...cough cough ;)

BTW it was Gomez that got the 4.0 rating
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:19 am

Bazi wrote:The only question one has to ask Is whether the duo Kroos/Müller is better than Müller / Alaba and the answer is most certainly yes.

Kroos didn't play well for the first few games either. If Alaba is given the same amount of chances Kroos had, he could be better. We can't know for sure.

It's our fault we're in this situation. Apart from Usami, who is not yet ready, we don't have a real winger as a backup to Ribery and Robben. We have to replace them with other kinds of player like Alaba and Kroos.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:30 am

Last night, I don't know if we were really good, or if Villareal were really bad!

Obviously, our ball retention was good, and we were very direct, and should have had 4 or 5 during the game. But the defence was never really threatened.

Man City up next... that should be a good one!!!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:05 am

Apart from the number of missed chances, another negative outcome from the match, is Schweini's yellow card at 78 mins, which in my opinion was unfair.

Immediately after getting his first yellow card, Marchena made another late entry on Schweini for which the ref. closes an eye. Marchena didn't seem to care because after that, he once more, goes hard on Kroos. When Schweinsteiger, rightly so points this to the ref he is carded. If ref was so lenient with Marchena, then a verbal warning from ref to Schweini not to interfere should have sufficed.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:54 am

Marchena was an ass. He kept chopping at everyone's feet and should've been sent off dozens of times. Instead Schweini gets a card. Nice. :roll:
Bazi wrote:
You saw another game than most of us I believe. He brilliantly executed the 1:0, was very strong on the ball and feeded both Müller and Ribéry with passes or was an open man for quick combinations. As coach Heynckes said after the match: "...and also Toni Kroos had a brilliant game..."

Nothing to add about his performance from my point of view.

You don't need to go at my karma just because you disagree with me, you know. Kroos is a burden right now, he forced Müller to play out of position and that means that Müller is underperforming. We've all seen how good Müller is at CAM, and I'd much rather take that instead of the tame shots at goal that Kroos seems to exclusively do nowadays.

He's lost his threat at goal, which is why I was so delighted to see him score so early, but after that it was poor shot after poor shot. It really looks like the time when he was deployed at CDM under van Gaal has ruined his goal-scoring instinct, and since he's too defensively suspect to be used at CDM, he doesn't fit into the 4-2-3-1 at all.

I have no idea what to do with him. A 4-3-3 seems to potentially suit him well. Or a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers, where the double pivot is less defensive than in 4-2-3-1 and he has more room to operate in. Or Heynckes could simply keep playing him there and hope that he'll click. I would personally not like experimentation in the upcoming week, so here's hoping that Robben comes back as soon as possible.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:11 am

Bazi wrote:The only question one has to ask Is whether the duo Kroos/Müller is better than Müller / Alaba and the answer is most certainly yes.

It's all about the team and not the performance of an individual player.

Agreed. The problem is that in this forum there is an incredible amount of love towards Müller, and a below-par performance from his end has to be the fault of another player :roll: Mueller's had some exceptional performances on the wing, so you can't say if he would have actually played any better in the middle. The only thing you CAN say is that Kroos performed well.

I can't understand the Kroos bashing, especially so right after he scored the all-important opener and won UEFA.com users' MOTM.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:26 am

Goalscorers always get motm from the plebs.

Ugh, I used the word "plebs". I hate myself.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:29 am

MUTU wrote:[
Agreed. The problem is that in this forum there is an incredible amount of love towards Müller, and a below-par performance from his end has to be the fault of another player :roll: Mueller's had some exceptional performances on the wing, so you can't say if he would have actually played any better in the middle. The only thing you CAN say is that Kroos performed well.

I can't understand the Kroos bashing, especially so right after he scored the all-important opener and won UEFA.com users' MOTM.

I'm with you in that Kroos played well last night (even though he should have scored with taht chance in the second half instead of hitting the post). I have only seen a couple of live games this season, and with the national team, but Kroos is a very good player in the middle. He's good on the ball, his awarness is good (look at that last night, checking his run to stay unmarked to slot in the first goal) and is strong in the tackle. He might not have the flair of like of Mueller, but if you have a player like Mueller, you can ask him to play slightly more out of position, and he'll still play well.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League