You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-11-20] Valencia CF vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Valencia CF will win
11%
It will end in a draw
7%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 27

Re: [2012-11-20] Valencia CF vs Bayern Munich

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I want a challenging game, because that is when our players play their best. It would also give us a psychological advantage in following rounds if we have an impressive win.

I don't [-X

Reason is that if we play against Madrid or Barcelona in the eightfinals there are a lot of chances of us being eliminated and people will say "well, you can lose against Barça, they are a top team. It can happen"

But I say NO !! Losing in the eightfinals CAN'T happen to this team
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:36 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I want a challenging game, because that is when our players play their best. It would also give us a psychological advantage in following rounds if we have an impressive win.

I don't [-X

Reason is that if we play against Madrid or Barcelona in the eightfinals there are a lot of chances of us being eliminated and people will say "well, you can lose against Barça, they are a top team. It can happen"

But I say NO !! Losing in the eightfinals CAN'T happen to this team

Well, most of the teams in Pot 2 are considered top opposition, so we will be getting our challenging game in any case. But yeah, if I were to choose a challenge, I would have Real as my last choice in that pot (of course, if Dortmund doesn't screw up and hand them first place).
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:09 pm

quaazi wrote:Yeah, van Gaal rollercoasters aren't really something that, uh... follow any logic.

Bayern not being 5-1 up at half time had nothing to do with Van Gaal, they got complacent after Muller's goal and thought the result would take care of itself. Had Heynckes been in charge, the same mentality would have prevailed. We give other teams a chance.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 pm

We have never lost a competitive game (after FT) after taking the lead with Heynckes, so allow me to be skeptical of your theory.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby samaj » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Guys the problem is Bayern is a winning team, why would they settle for a draw. It really pissed my off when I saw the board talking that a draw is fine by them instead of demanding a win in this game.

I don't care whether the game was home or away, but if we couldnt manage to beat Valencia what will happen to us if we play stronger teams?

I hope I never see this situation again, Bayern must demand a win and never settle for anything less than that.

Mia San Mia <3
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby frankiecam13 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm

how bad as badstuber he looked flat footed a bloke with 1 leg could have got past him last nite
frankiecam13
Getting the hang of it

Postby walter » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Bilmuash wrote:ManU may not be scary but I don't want to face them so early. The only big team that looks really poor is Milan. We still have to take revenge for what happened with them in 2002, 2006 and 2007 so I wouldn't care to face them in the round of 16.

It would be lovely to whoop Milan's butt for once...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:08 pm

quaazi wrote:We have never lost a competitive game (after FT) after taking the lead with Heynckes, so allow me to be skeptical of your theory.

That's true, but that's only because individual class saved Bayern many times. Examples include Neuer in almost every game from Schweinsteiger's first injury up until the 7-1 against Hoffenheim. As you mentioned earlier, Kraft made 0 saves versus Inter and Breno led the shaky back-line. Only the relative class of the 2011/12 back-line could have possibly saved Bayern against Inter, and not Heynckes's tactics.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:55 pm

quaazi wrote:We have never lost a competitive game (after FT) after taking the lead with Heynckes, so allow me to be skeptical of your theory.

:shock: Damn someone stole quaazi's username.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Chalant » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:03 pm

AssemFCB wrote:

That's true, but that's only because individual class saved Bayern many times. Examples include Neuer in almost every game from Schweinsteiger's first injury up until the 7-1 against Hoffenheim. As you mentioned earlier, Kraft made 0 saves versus Inter and Breno led the shaky back-line. Only the relative class of the 2011/12 back-line could have possibly saved Bayern against Inter, and not Heynckes's tactics.

Kraft was terrific against Inter, but kinda fizzled out after that. The Back-line was horrible though, LvG took some good steps by kicking out Demichelis who was a rock..an immovable one.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby SilentStrike » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Chalant wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:

Kraft was terrific against Inter, but kinda fizzled out after that. The Back-line was horrible though, LvG took some good steps by kicking out Demichelis who was a rock..an immovable one.

He had a good save in the first leg.

He was absolutely terrible in the second, and cost us the next round.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Not just a good save, he was incredible in the first leg. Him and Gustavo really stood out.

The second leg was a different story though, although you can't only blame Kraft and Breno. The offensive players shared just as much blame and luck also played a part in that shot which was cleared off the line.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League