You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-11-20] Valencia CF vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Valencia CF will win
11%
It will end in a draw
7%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 27

Re: [2012-11-20] Valencia CF vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:54 am

Firefox1234 wrote:True but i really dont wanna play Barcelona or Man U this early but then again Bayern could be lucky enough to play Porto

Firefox1234 wrote:I know Bayern are superior to Man U overall but whats cares me is Man U's superiority on set pieces and knack of coming back even 3 goals down. In my own weird messed mind i would rather play Barca over Man U......

Seriously?! I mean, SERIOUSLY?! Man United?!I am lost for words. What? They have Van Persie and Rooney? That's it? You're saying that their defense and midfield of De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Scholes, Carrick gives you the goosebumps?!

Firefox, I'm gonna stop thanking any of your posts from now on until you apologize for the above and come up with an excuse that your baby brother or something is the one who wrote it :|
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 am

MoFattal wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:True but i really dont wanna play Barcelona or Man U this early but then again Bayern could be lucky enough to play Porto

Firefox1234 wrote:I know Bayern are superior to Man U overall but whats cares me is Man U's superiority on set pieces and knack of coming back even 3 goals down. In my own weird messed mind i would rather play Barca over Man U......

Seriously?! I mean, SERIOUSLY?! Man United?!I am lost for words. What? They have Van Persie and Rooney? That's it? You're saying that their defense and midfield of De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra, Scholes, Carrick gives you the goosebumps?!

Firefox, I'm gonna stop thanking any of your posts from now on until you apologize for the above and come up with an excuse that your baby brother or something is the one who wrote it :|

To be fair, they simply don't know how to lose. They're in no way superior, but given our obsession with beating ourselves, they could well cause us trouble.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 am

AssemFCB wrote:To be fair, they simply don't know how to lose. They're in no way superior, but given our obsession with beating ourselves, they could well cause us trouble.

You too :evil:

Ok, seriously now. ManU's opposition this year haven't been anywhere near world class, and yet only managed to scrape their wins against EL-standard opposition. Against United, a mere average offense can get its name on the scoreline, than how about us, one of the best offensive teams out there. No matter how much they comeback, they simply can't outscore us, especially not with our good (destined to be great soon) defense.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:14 am

MoFattal wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:To those saying we need to top the group to avoid big names, it's quite likely that there will be some big names in second place too like Juve/Chelsea, Milan or Real

That's right. In fact, if standings remain as they are right now (and it's not that much of a reach to be honest), the set of teams we might face from Pot 2 includes:

[PSG, Arsenal, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Juventus, Benfica].

On the other hand, teams we might face from Pot 1 if we were to end as second place (which is a far reach) are:

[Porto, Malaga, Shakhtar, Barcelona, United].

If I am not that much of a perfectionist Bayern fan, I'd say the hell with Pot 2, let Valencia top the group.

Add Chelsea as possibility for pot 2.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:17 am

MUTU wrote:Add Chelsea as possibility for pot 2.

Yeah, but that's a long shot. Juve will not let it go no matter what it takes, if you now what I mean ;)
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:22 am

Yesterday evening match was a test for us, and I would say we got 40 - 45...
It was the best team so far + they were playing with 10 men for most of the match.
Our away matches (UCL) were all bad.
Most of the players were shadows of their selfs... Ribery, Muller (OK he scored) Shweiny, Alaba... and the worst of them all Kroos...
I really hope that this match doesn't affect the Hannover game...

But OK I've forgot that both teams were happy to finish the game in a draw which meant both teams would proceed to the next round!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bilmuash » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 am

ManU may not be scary but I don't want to face them so early. The only big team that looks really poor is Milan. We still have to take revenge for what happened with them in 2002, 2006 and 2007 so I wouldn't care to face them in the round of 16.
Bilmuash
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:57 am

MoFattal wrote:Ok, seriously now. ManU's opposition this year haven't been anywhere near world class, and yet only managed to scrape their wins against EL-standard opposition. Against United, a mere average offense can get its name on the scoreline, than how about us, one of the best offensive teams out there. No matter how much they comeback, they simply can't outscore us, especially not with our good (destined to be great soon) defense.

You gotta understand when it comes to that kind of playing style Man U has Bayern have faltered, we all saw it vs BATE and Valencia. Now imagine if RVP of Rooney were there to finish those chances BATE and Valencia missed. Like it was said before im kinda worried more about lesser sides who will resort to defensive tactics knowing they cant work the midfield than bigger sides who will try to work the midfield and play Bayern head on. In my opinion Man U is the strongest lesser side who would give Bayern some problems if the issues with set pieces and getting beat on counters is not fixed.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:17 pm

MoFattal wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:To be fair, they simply don't know how to lose. They're in no way superior, but given our obsession with beating ourselves, they could well cause us trouble.

You too :evil:

Ok, seriously now. ManU's opposition this year haven't been anywhere near world class, and yet only managed to scrape their wins against EL-standard opposition. Against United, a mere average offense can get its name on the scoreline, than how about us, one of the best offensive teams out there. No matter how much they comeback, they simply can't outscore us, especially not with our good (destined to be great soon) defense.

That could have applied to 2011 Inter or 2012 Chelsea, look what happened then.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Even tho the Inter Milan game was during the Dark ages of Dutch rule:P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Yeah, van Gaal rollercoasters aren't really something that, uh... follow any logic.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 pm

That Inter game still puzzles me, cause i remember i stopped watching it after Bayern scored 2 goals thinking i can do orher things but then i see the game close And eventually a loss, if i have to see that again i dont think my heart could take it.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Hell, we had Breno on the pitch and Kraft didn't make a single save all game. In hindsight it's pretty obvious it could end up only one way. :(
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm

I guess when you say it that way it makes sense, regardless im curious if Bayern will get the luck of the draw like last year when they drew Basel and Marseille. But with PSG and Juve in it could be a little more challenging.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:46 pm

I want a challenging game, because that is when our players play their best. It would also give us a psychological advantage in following rounds if we have an impressive win.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League