You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-11-20] Valencia CF vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Valencia CF will win
11%
It will end in a draw
7%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 27

Re: [2012-11-20] Valencia CF vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:54 pm

True but i really dont wanna play Barcelona or Man U this early but then again Bayern could be lucky enough to play Porto :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Rogach wrote:Goal.com on Lahm:
Bombed forward from right-back regularly and linked up well with Muller. An interception from Ricardo Costa stopped him from scoring one of the goals of the tournament in the first half.

I belive i missed this chance for a goal of the tournament, does anyone have a video?

I don't remember it either.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby smaw2010 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 am

We can be happy with the result, we are playing bate at home next match. And remember, if we don't want to play man utd and barca early, they won't want to play us too.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 am

I know Bayern are superior to Man U overall but whats cares me is Man U's superiority on set pieces and knack of coming back even 3 goals down. In my own weird messed mind i would rather play Barca over Man U......

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby silberkreuz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:39 am

Another pathetic display of lobbing it into the box in the hope that something will come of it. WHEN WILL WE LEARN TO BREAK DOWN A CROWDED BOX?
Chelsea, Leverkusen, BATE, Nuernberg and now Valencia too. If we intend to get anywhere significant in Europe this year, we'll have to learn to deal with that and our vulnerability to set pieces and counter-attacks. It's ridiculous how terrified I become when there's either one of those on.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 am

Where is brickwall, I wonder what he has to say about Mario Gomez today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby StrikingMidfield » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 am

Certainly wasn't what I wanted against a team like Valencia. Honestly the main thing that I had a big problem with this game was our inability to work set pieces at all. I swear if I had a dollar for every time we wasted a corner kick I'd have that sexy black jersey of ours already :lol:
StrikingMidfield
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 am

So far the games I've missed live this season were against BATE, Nürnberg and now the Valencia game.

Bad news, but I am very likely to miss the Hannover game this weekend too...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby brickwall281 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Where is brickwall, I wonder what he has to say about Mario Gomez today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, what position does he play in?
Striker
So what's his job?
Scoring goals

I believe he has not achieved these things last night. IMO the whole team was pretty bad last night so I still stand by my words that he is no world class player.
Look, some people are taking this the wrong way. I dislike Gomez as a player, not as a person,but if he improves his game against top teams (and no, Valencia doesn't count) at least in our 3 next matches against top teams, I will happily eat my words.
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby BMpenang » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:36 am

Valencia is not a big team?They may not have won a cl but with their limited financial capability,They are always thereabout in the cl.
Our performance was not vintage but it's not easy playing against valencia at mestalla for any team.
They are one of the few teams in spain who are very resillent and hard to break down for any team in the cl than the 2 big dogs.
It's not easy playing against 10 men as it may seems to be and at least we showed character to bounce back after conceding the goal.

It is time for JH to seriously considering playing with 2 strikers upfront.We have 3 world class headers and goal scorer.
The amount of crosses put into the box would have a better conversion rate if 2 strikers was in the there.
BMpenang
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Robb3449 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:10 am

Thank God for Thomas Muller! Advancing is the main goal and they accomplished that. However, to play average(at best) against ten men was frustrating.

The passing was bad for a second straight game and the set pieces are not any better. I don't understand why Alaba or Kroos can't seem to get the ball high enough in the air to get past the near post. Short of the one Dante header in the first half. They are better off doing the short corner( which I hate but may be our best option at the moment).

Great to see Gomez back :D That touch he had on the Lahm cross was brilliant!
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 am

quaazi wrote:So far the games I've missed live this season were against BATE, Nürnberg and now the Valencia game.

I hope you get locked indoors :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:34 am

Bayernbazi wrote:
samaj wrote:............ that just pisses me off because we've got the best team around and we cant even score a **** winner.

Not to mention this thing about corners. Why the hell we cannot get more dangerous from corners, this is really needed especially against teams with such a tight defence.

That's something I think all of us agree on. But, in all fairness, this was the first time that I was somehow satisfied with our set-piece execution. Dante got on the ball FIVE times, and he almost scored a couple. The movement has changed a bit and now we see vertical runs and spacing, although not as much as required. However, I am sure that yesterday was a sign that we are actually addressing the set-piece problem.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 am

MUTU wrote:
quaazi wrote:So far the games I've missed live this season were against BATE, Nürnberg and now the Valencia game.

I hope you get locked indoors :P

Breaking News: Sandy is expected to reach Estonia on November 24th. All locals are urged to stay at home for their safety.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:49 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:To those saying we need to top the group to avoid big names, it's quite likely that there will be some big names in second place too like Juve/Chelsea, Milan or Real

That's right. In fact, if standings remain as they are right now (and it's not that much of a reach to be honest), the set of teams we might face from Pot 2 includes:

[PSG, Arsenal, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Juventus, Benfica].

On the other hand, teams we might face from Pot 1 if we were to end as second place (which is a far reach) are:

[Porto, Malaga, Shakhtar, Barcelona, United].

If I am not that much of a perfectionist Bayern fan, I'd say the hell with Pot 2, let Valencia top the group.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League