You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Postby sws » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:26 am

Korab wrote:
sws wrote:
Korab wrote:What a slap on the face of BL in 6 games 6 losses 0 points.
England in 6 games 5 wins 1 draw. 13 points
Uefa coefficient input from German clubs for this round NULL, for England 1.857 points.
What an embarrassing display by BL clubs 6 losses from 6 games, 3 on home turf and 3 away. England 5 wins, 1 draw in six games. 3 at home and 3 away.

Gladbach drew though.

Yeas, you're right, I forgot to edit my post, not the big relieve for Germany though, after this dismal display of proficiency we're back to year beginning now. That's like 3 sigma event, very strange. Just statistics.

Well I think Bayern and Dortmund will do fine in the CL, and probably only Chelsea will for England. And Gladbach and Wolfsburg are most likely going to make it into the next rounds of the EL.

People were too optimistic, and this happened. I'm going to go back to pessimism.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:05 am

I think the English clubs are going to do well in the CL, except Liverpool... I don't follow EL at all.
So I'm not too optimistic about the Germans, except Bayern like always, Bayern will have to go all the way to save what can be saved for Germany...
I never expected anything big apart from Bayern and Dortmund, but I'm calling Dortmund off regardless of some good results in their group.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:11 am

Dont forget Leverkusen, Bayern and BvB already advanced before their games/round before.. Wolfsburg and Gladbach will make it aswell, prolly.. Just Schalke is an embarassment..
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:16 am

Yeah, but can you see them advance further than the last 16 with all the problems they have... It depends probably on the opponents they'll face but I don't see them beat about 70% of the possible opponents in the next stage.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:20 pm

It's unlucky that one matchday undid all the good work that's been done this season, but we're still in with a chance. Hopefully Schalke will qualify. Then if Bayern and Dortmund can keep on doing well and the EL teams keep winning, we'll close the gap again.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:50 pm

sws wrote:People were too optimistic, and this happened. I'm going to go back to pessimism.

It certainly feels like every time they take one step forward, they go back and take two steps backwards.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:08 pm

It was a big setback this week, but lets face it. Even if Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal should advance, in the 16th final its the last stop for them anyway, where i see Bayern and atleast BvB advance another round. Only Chelsea is a real threat. And aslong as we keep Italy behind us, i dont see the real need to be in 2nd place anyway, nothing will change by that when it comes down to CL spots.
Ottomeister13

Postby Korab » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:It was a big setback this week, but lets face it. Even if Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal should advance, in the 16th final its the last stop for them anyway, where i see Bayern and atleast BvB advance another round. Only Chelsea is a real threat. And aslong as we keep Italy behind us, i dont see the real need to be in 2nd place anyway, nothing will change by that when it comes down to CL spots.

Of course it's just bragging rights which league is better.
If for some unknown reason Liverpool and MC advance, even with Schalke advance Germany will be down for the year. That's what that last round did.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:31 am

Even if I hate to admit it, BPL is a step up than all the other leagues... It doesn't have to do anything with their style of play, but with their financial muscle, the potential of affording the best out there.

We have a Dortmund that can't afford their stars... and they're 2nd to Bayern in Germany, but a 7th place Liverpool can afford the services of a player like Reus. As long as things stay this way, we're not gonna get those 'bragging rights'.

Every year the same scenario, all the players leaving Germany after a good year if there's no Bayern in their way.
If we want to see a strong BuLi that will challenge BPL, other teams must open their wallets.

The only thing from Germany that can challenge all is called Bayern Munich... and Mercedes-Benz. :lol:
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:33 am

JANCKER wrote:Even if I hate to admit it, BPL is a step up than all the other leagues... It doesn't have to do anything with their style of play, but with their financial muscle, the potential of affording the best out there.

We have a Dortmund that can't afford their stars... and they're 2nd to Bayern in Germany, but a 7th place Liverpool can afford the services of a player like Reus. As long as things stay this way, we're not gonna get those 'bragging rights'.

Every year the same scenario, all the players leaving Germany after a good year if there's no Bayern in their way.
If we want to see a strong BuLi that will challenge BPL, other teams must open their wallets.

The only thing from Germany that can challenge all is called Bayern Munich... and Mercedes-Benz. :lol:

And Angela Merkel8-)

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korab » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:37 am

Oh well, the gap to England widened up again to 2.833 after this round of CL, just games in EL left and that's it for this year. Hope Germans will win their 2 games and the gap will stay as it is now. There is high probability that both English teams will win theirs also.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Korab » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:13 am

Anyway this is phony shit. Suddenly 2 British teams loose and 2 German win. Who would expect that? Only betting companies for sure.
Now suddenly gap narrowed to 2.262 and we will see what will happen next. We will start new year at that 2.262 gap which will give Germany SECOND PLACE in UEFA pecking order at the end of the year.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Korab wrote:Anyway this is phony shit. Suddenly 2 British teams loose and 2 German win. Who would expect that? Only betting companies for sure.
Now suddenly gap narrowed to 2.262 and we will see what will happen next. We will start new year at that 2.262 gap which will give Germany SECOND PLACE in UEFA pecking order at the end of the year.

If both Bayern and Dortmund make it to the last 8 and Man City and Arsenal go out (a realistic proposition) it will look much better for us. Unfortunately Dortmund are a bit of a question at this point though.

I'm not even going to consider the possibility of Leverkusen and Schalke qualifying. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korab » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Korab wrote:Anyway this is phony shit. Suddenly 2 British teams loose and 2 German win. Who would expect that? Only betting companies for sure.

If both Bayern and Dortmund make it to the last 8 and Man City and Arsenal go out (a realistic proposition) it will look much better for us. Unfortunately Dortmund are a bit of a question at this point though.

I'm not even going to consider the possibility of Leverkusen and Schalke qualifying. :lol:

Looking at the CL draw I think chances for England & Germany are pretty even (point wise) but this time the big difference will make EL where England can get a lot of points. Outlook is not so good for Germany.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:42 pm

I think Man City won't make it but Arsenal have been handed the draw they wished for. Hopefully (for Bayern's sake more than coefficients) Chelsea fail to make it past PSG.

I fear that Bayern will be the only German team that qualifies. Luckily Dortmund and Leverkusen have been given two doable ties if they play to their potential.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League