You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Postby Isabella » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:33 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:As from next season the top four leagues will have four teams guaranteed for the ucl group phase...
So unless Ligue 1 surpass BuLi there is no reason to worry...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
It's about pride.

So stop to crying because for a year all Italian teams were interested in the European competions while the German ones were not up to the task and worry about England's points
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:38 am

Isabella wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:As from next season the top four leagues will have four teams guaranteed for the ucl group phase...
So unless Ligue 1 surpass BuLi there is no reason to worry...

It's about pride.

So stop to crying because for a year all Italian teams were interested in the European competions while the German ones were not up to the task and worry about England's points

I remember the days when serie a teams used to snub the uefa cup / europa league, now it seems that things have changed.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Isabella » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 am

ramsej84 wrote:

I remember the days when serie a teams used to snub the uefa cup / europa league, now it seems that things have changed.

Not really, is only this year because Milan is the most european oriented club in Italy (and the one who had the hardest job) and happy to be finally back in Europe, Lazio and Atalanta have good teams and zero reasons for not trying their best in the cup and strangely the three clubs who started the season in EL are also three of the four semifinalist of Italian Cup (and either Milan or Lazio will play the final against Juve)...
Next year I do not know what the three Italian teams will do and much depend from what teams are in UEL... Milan wanted play in Europe, another club will likely snub the preliminary rounds and so be out before the start of the group stages
Isabella
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:24 am

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:58 am

so what are you suggesting ? maybe that all German clubs to close off their youth set ups and fill their clubs with mercenaries ... ?
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:so what are you suggesting ? maybe that all German clubs to close off their youth set ups and fill their clubs with mercenaries ... ?

No, I'm suggesting 50+1 to be abolished and German clubs getting investors so that they can invest more in youth setups simply for the reason that with more money they'd be able to retain their youth products by offering them competitive salaries, hence making youth investment more feasible.

Don't you find it concerning that almost half of the German 2018 World Cup squad will be made up from players playing outside Germany?

Do you find it right that at least 33 German players are playing in England?

Do you not agree that the Bundesliga quality is declining?

Do you not think that the German NT's future is also at stake given that quality players in Germany outside of Bayern have become a rarity and German up-and-coming talents are not being tested against quality opposition week in week out and hence won't be able to improve much?

Do you not think something must be done about it?

Do you have a suggestion other than:
A) abolishing 50+1 or
B) simply doing nothing & pray for better times?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:22 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:so what are you suggesting ? maybe that all German clubs to close off their youth set ups and fill their clubs with mercenaries ... ?

No, I'm suggesting 50+1 to be abolished and German clubs getting investors so that they can invest more in youth setups simply for the reason that with more money they'd be able to retain their youth products by offering them competitive salaries, hence making youth investment more feasible.

Don't you find it concerning that almost half of the German 2018 World Cup squad will be made up from players playing outside Germany?

Do you not think that the German NT's future is also at stake given that quality players in Germany outside of Bayern have become a rarity and German up-and-coming talents are not being tested against quality opposition week in week out and hence won't be able to improve much?

A) abolishing 50+1 or

you obviously have a point... but what worries me is those who will come to invest... rest assured that most of them won't have the club or the fans at heart... (they will be only in it for the money)
If there will be a proper due diligence I won't oppose investment.

Plus ... clubs such as Man C or PSG one day will go back to the shit holes from which they emerged....
clubs like ours , Juve, Barca Real will be there forever!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:25 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

A) abolishing 50+1 or

you obviously have a point... but what worries me is those who will come to invest... rest assured that most of them won't have the club or the fans at heart... (they will be only in it for the money)
If there will be a proper due diligence I won't oppose investment.

Plus ... clubs such as Man C or PSG one day will go back to the shit holes from which they emerged....
clubs like ours , Juve, Barca Real will be there forever!

Perhaps investments could be controlled. For example, a rule could be implemented whereby clubs owning 50% or less of shares would be required to spend a specific percentage of their income on youth development as a minimum.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am

I may be going off topic, but I want to see a rule which states that with the starting XI there should be at least three / four players eligible to play for the National team of the country which the club represents.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:44 am

ramsej84 wrote:I may be going off topic, but I want to see a rule which states that with the starting XI there should be at least three / four players eligible to play for the National team of the country which the club represents.

I'm not sure if that's legal in the EU. As far as I know you cannot discriminate against employees of other member states.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Valerio » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:48 am

ramsej84 wrote:I may be going off topic, but I want to see a rule which states that with the starting XI there should be at least three / four players eligible to play for the National team of the country which the club represents.

I agree.
As for euro rules you can't put a limit to foreign players you can turn around that rule and set it up as a minimum numbers to play.

For Serie A I'd set up a 5starting players to be italians and 5 to always be in the pitch.
That way you force the teams to develope "local product" instead of buying cheap but physically ready players.
It would make things interesting and you will increase the quality of the foreign players as well.
Since less sposts avaible the better they need to be.

Also ramsej local players tend to be less mercenary not willing to go away as soon as they get +1€

But it seems nobody wanna do this dunno the reason.
At least in Italy we reached our best when there was the 3 foreign players rule.
Valerio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:07 am

MUTU wrote:

I'm not sure if that's legal in the EU. As far as I know you cannot discriminate against employees of other member states.

the eu will soon be history :coffee:
p.s I don't want my club to become like Inter or Milan .... owned by some mafia Chinese boys
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:39 pm

I need to read that article you posted ...
S
Don't you think that certain clubs will feel discriminated as they might not have that allure that attracts investment?

Eg. Who would be interested to invest in let say Dynamo Dresden or G.Furth?

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Who'll impose the rule?
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League