You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Postby Korab » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Is there anybody who thinks BL can catch up with La Liga in the next 5 years, I'm talking about coefficient which anyway is almost mirror image of the strength of the league.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Korab wrote:Is there anybody who thinks BL can catch up with La Liga in the next 5 years, I'm talking about coefficient which anyway is almost mirror image of the strength of the league.

impossible la liga has 2 very very strong teams and a 3 rd just not far away.
Buli has only Bayern ...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Barcelona and Real Madrid are having an incredible consistency in the CL, while the likes of Atlético and Sevilla continue to perform very well also on the continental stage, Bundesliga teams meanwhile, don't have that consistency yet except for Bayern of course, so clubs like Dortmund, Schalke, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg must take another step forward in that regard.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Korab » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Next year Spain will be in front by about 16 points which means around 51 wins (single games) in front that's unbelievable. So really La Liga must have prolonged slump for few years in order for BL to come close.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB general » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:29 pm

From next season Spain is gonna be untouchable for everyone. Valencia are getting back, Atletico are doing a great job, Sevilla have come back in a great style in EL in this and the last season. Even Villareal have come far enough.

Nobody can't fight against that, especially not this Bundesliga.

Peter Lim will take care for that, I have no doubt when I watch the current Valencia squad. Euphoria returned to Mestalla. Last season they were so unlucky, otherwise I think they would take that EL.

Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Korab » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:00 pm

I'm firm believer that BL can improve. I think Wolfsburg will replace BVB as main competitor of Bayern in BL, and they will improve yet. Schalke is really strange animal, they just need to sort their things out, it's impossible that they go up and down with regularity of atomic clock. I hope Leverkusen will finally change to Alwayskusen, they have everything needed to do it. I believe BVB is out for the next 2 or 3 years. The rest maybe should start thinking money and then they will rise. Bayern has to improve also, dropping or drawing games unexpectedly should not happen at all, maybe once every sometime (normal it's football). BL is fast, technical, competitive so there is every reason to hope for big improvements. Something is missing in morale department though.
I don't understand some Bayern fans joy when other German teams have problems, I bet it helped Bayern a lot when for last few years they had big "enemy" BVB. It's better to win BL with 3 points advantage and have thrillers every week than look at Bayern games nowadays.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Korab » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:03 am

Time to come back to coefficient game. It looks like Germany lost the chance to be in front of England before season ends.
The gap is now 1.405 points and even if (?????) Wolfsburg wins tomorrow and goes down the drain after that, Germany will be still behind England even if Bayern wins wins every single game until final, including it.
Too bad!
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sws » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:10 am

Korab wrote:Time to come back to coefficient game. It looks like Germany lost the chance to be in front of England before season ends.
The gap is now 1.405 points and even if (?????) Wolfsburg wins tomorrow and goes down the drain after that, Germany will be still behind England even if Bayern wins wins every single game until final, including it.
Too bad!

No, Germany will be infront of England next season.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:34 am

Yes it will be but not before this season ends,
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sws » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:36 am

Korab wrote:Yes it will be but not before this season ends,

Oh, I think I interpreted "before season ends" differently.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:46 am

Korab wrote:Time to come back to coefficient game. It looks like Germany lost the chance to be in front of England before season ends.
Too bad!

Oh what a pity. Wolfsburg needs to go through, but it won't happen. They need to score at very least 4 away goals.

As such what really matters is the ranking at the end of a season. It's that which determines how many CL spots a country will have, for example. It's true that Germany will start next season ahead of England, but who's to say England won't make up the points difference by the end of next season?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby endrity » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:07 am

While it might have been a badge of honor te be second in the rankings, it wouldn't have mattered much in the long run. The number of allocated spots is identical between second and third. And even if the BuLi finished second in the ranking it would not have mattered much next year as England would still get the chance to catch up.

What really matters is that starting next term, Italy will be very close to both England and Italy. They might, though it would be difficult, jump all the way to second by the end of the next season is we see a repeat of this year. Both Germany and England are making the same mistake that Italy did while Germany overtook them, they are underrating the Europa League whereas the Italians have taken it much more seriously these last two years.

Schalke and hopefully Dortmund, if they make it which I hope they do, really need to pull it together next year in that tournament. It's actually important for them to do so in order to retain a good position in the club rankings. It's actually a pity for Schalke because had they made it to the CL next year, they would have been a first pot team :(
Unfortunately I don't expect much from either Wolfsburg or Gladbach next year in the CL, I just hope they don't get totally embarrased. As good as they have looked this year, it's a respected tradition for German clubs to finally break through to the CL and then get totally shown up for not being able to compete on both fronts. Wolfsburg prior appearance was a total failure whereas Gladbach didn't even make it to that point, they were eleminated by Dynamo Kiev in the playoffs.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:48 am

I want the serie A to overtake the BuLi again... F*** all the other German teams... It was thanks to us that we've got a 4th tm and this is the thanks we get...
F*** the whole DFB

mia san mia mia san FCB
Munich is not Germany but Bavaria
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 07, 2015 1:55 pm

Here are the latest rankings published today.

Not nice to see Juve above us in the SEASON CLUB COEFFICIENTS 2014/15 and Italy above Germany for SEASON COUNTRY COEFFICIENTS 2014/15

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/index.html
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Not nice but I am not caring any more...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League