You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Good to have chance for reach into second place, but I am really concern about third place. We have 3 years advantage from italy, but they are starting reducing by little our big advantage.

Hopes bayern and Wolfsburg can continue winning for keep the fourth place far away.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Korab » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:57 pm

So great show from Wolfsburg Germany is behind England only 1.833 points. Quarters are coming and more opportunities to get points.
As it stands now new season Germany will start in second place ahead 0.858 points.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Dont worry about the Italians.. One semi nice year won't cut our last 5 great years ;)
Ottomeister13

Re: 2014/15 Europa League Discussion Thread

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:50 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
RaJBAYERN... you are exaggerating ;) Italy will not pass us in the next 10 years. They keep regressing. This little sprint by them means nothing. Look at clubs like Inter, AC, AS Roma, Lazio.. where are they? Fiorentina will have a hard time as of the next round. Juve i dont give many chances either. Nah.. the ones who have to worry are the BPL suckers ;)
Bah. Even if the Italians spent a lot of cash, they would still have poor squads. Juventus in particular keep boasting about getting a lot of money from this CL (74mm) yet Pirlo, Buffon, Vidal and Tevez are all old men. With the bad general level in Italian players, its unlikely they are going to get better any time soon. On the other hand, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Leverkusen and Dortmund are all young teams with plenty upside potential and great up and coming coaches. Bayern will face a transition soon, but we also have a strong young core to build around, plenty of cash, the best manager in the world, the best management in the world and great prospects. It's all upside potential in Germany and not much in Italy AFAIK.

Besides, the best Italians play for PSG.

Right now if the season end, the next season begins like this:

1 Spain 77.928
2 Germany 62.892
3 England 62.034
4 Italy 56.105

6.000 points behind of us, when in the past two years were 15.000 points. So I am not exaggerating.

It doesnt means that bundesliga will lose the third place, but should be alert to prevent a surprise, like when Italy lost its third place or England losing the second place right now. They tought that they will be in the top forever and .....

I understand that italy major problem is their economy situation and without the capacity of create quality players from the youth teams, to strong their squad.Two factors that german clubs are enjoying.

But italians are adding points from europa league, while our teams can not, because they reach to the knockout phase of champions league, where apart of bayern, the others are just losing.

But I want to make it clear that I prefer to watch my 4 german teams reaching to the knockout phase of champions league, than watching them getting out in the group phase, despite that others in europa league are taking advantage.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:06 am

Dont forget VFL.. i give them bigger chances then all of the other Italian EL teams.. And maybe VFL will draw another Italy team in the next round.

But yes, a strong year in the coëfficiënt will be erased, but the years to come, Italy doesnt have strong years to present either. Germany does.. So there the gap won't be closed that much and on the field i predict a German team will get further then any Italian team.. Maybe Bayern will draw Juve ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby theundead » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:41 am

Dont worry guys.

Bayern and VfL are going to bring the two trophies back home! Nobody will care about the coefficients then :D
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 am

Korab wrote:So great show from Wolfsburg Germany is behind England only 1.833 points. Quarters are coming and more opportunities to get points.
As it stands now new season Germany will start in second place ahead 0.858 points.

I am calculating that if Bayern and Wolfsburg each win all 5 matches they have left, they will get 3.429 extra coefficient points to Germany, and Germany would finish THIS SEASON with 81.987 points. England has 80.391 points.

Germany can get a maximum of 24 team ranking points (12 each for Bayern and Wolfsburg) if they each win all 5 matches.

The difference in coefficient points is currently 1.833, which when you multiply by 7 becomes 12.831
So if Germany get 13 team ranking points out of a possible 24, they will overtake the Premier League this season.

If Bayern and Wolfsburg both reach their respective final, Germany will get between 12 and 20 team ranking points. Therefore even if both Bayern and Wolfsburg lose in the finals, all Germany needs is for one of the teams to go through to the semifinal or final with 1 win 1 draw (rather than 1 win 1 loss or 2 draws).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:20 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
RaJBAYERN... you are exaggerating ;) Italy will not pass us in the next 10 years. They keep regressing. This little sprint by them means nothing. Look at clubs like Inter, AC, AS Roma, Lazio.. where are they? Fiorentina will have a hard time as of the next round. Juve i dont give many chances either. Nah.. the ones who have to worry are the BPL suckers ;)
Bah. Even if the Italians spent a lot of cash, they would still have poor squads. Juventus in particular keep boasting about getting a lot of money from this CL (74mm) yet Pirlo, Buffon, Vidal and Tevez are all old men. With the bad general level in Italian players, its unlikely they are going to get better any time soon. On the other hand, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Leverkusen and Dortmund are all young teams with plenty upside potential and great up and coming coaches. Bayern will face a transition soon, but we also have a strong young core to build around, plenty of cash, the best manager in the world, the best management in the world and great prospects. It's all upside potential in Germany and not much in Italy AFAIK.

Besides, the best Italians play for PSG.

Right now if the season end, the next season begins like this:

1 Spain 77.928
2 Germany 62.892
3 England 62.034
4 Italy 56.105

6.000 points behind of us, when in the past two years were 15.000 points. So I am not exaggerating.

It doesnt means that bundesliga will lose the third place, but should be alert to prevent a surprise, like when Italy lost its third place or England losing the second place right now. They tought that they will be in the top forever and .....

I understand that italy major problem is their economy situation and without the capacity of create quality players from the youth teams, to strong their squad.Two factors that german clubs are enjoying.

But italians are adding points from europa league, while our teams can not, because they reach to the knockout phase of champions league, where apart of bayern, the others are just losing.

But I want to make it clear that I prefer to watch my 4 german teams reaching to the knockout phase of champions league, than watching them getting out in the group phase, despite that others in europa league are taking advantage.

you are right. I remember italian media cries cause of theier teams'failours in the eur league while Germans used to do well and I think that was one of the reasons why BULI surpassed the serieA

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:47 am

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:08 am

I don't know how many of you are aware that some years ago the EPL had 3 teams in the UCL ... BULI had 4 which eventually was lost to the EPL.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:16 am

ramsej84 wrote:I don't know how many of you are aware that some years ago the EPL had 3 teams in the UCL ... BULI had 4 which eventually was lost to the EPL.

Well, the Premier League is on the decline whilst the Serie A is on the rise again. The EPL could eventually lose that 4th spot to Italy, but it probably won't happen thanks to that whopping TV deal they got.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korab » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Just to have fun with numbers. Germany needs 13 points from Bayern & Wolfsburg to pass England in coefficient game before the end of season. In ¼ finals there are 5 points available to each team (4 points for 2 wins + bonus 1 point for reaching ½ finals). So in the best case Germany will have the opportunity to pass England in semifinals. I think that Germany will get probably 7 in this round.
Italy is cutting 6 points off the lead from Germany and of course more (around 9 on England). Next year if they perform in similar way to this year they will cut next 4 points off the lead. But after that it will be very hard for them to gain anymore unless Serie A really improves, which seems not very realistic expectation.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:23 pm

Korab wrote:Just to have fun with numbers. Germany needs 13 points from Bayern & Wolfsburg to pass England in coefficient game before the end of season. In ¼ finals there are 5 points available to each team (4 points for 2 wins + bonus 1 point for reaching ½ finals). So in the best case Germany will have the opportunity to pass England in semifinals.

Yes this is what I calculated too. I explained it all here: blog/bundesliga-poised-to-overtake-premier-league-in-uefa-coefficients
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:42 pm

An interesting chart:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Jorge wrote:An interesting chart:

the nicest thing about this chart is this fact: 12/13 no eng teams = bayern european champs 14/15 no eng teams ... :wink:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League