You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Postby Borusse » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:25 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Now we need Barca to finish Man C and hopefully BvB can come out of Turin with a win.

We will. 8)
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Dalv » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:33 pm

will the 10/11 year count for next season qualifiers/seedings?
we will get 2nd place as club if they dont
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Current UEFA club rankings:
1. Real - 165.914 pts
2. Barcelona - 150.914
3. Bayern - 149.569
4. Chelsea - 141.964
Bayern has really big chance to overtake Barcelona for the second place in the next year rankings, and maybe even this year (if there is no big screw up).
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Bayern pay the price of their early exit in 2011.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:19 pm

ottackon wrote:Bayern pay the price of their early exit in 2011.

Ugh....rather not remember that CL tie vs Inter
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Who cares about that ranking anyway, aslong as you are under the top 8 it doesnt matter if you are first or 8th..
Ottomeister13

Postby Korab » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Who cares about that ranking anyway, aslong as you are under the top 8 it doesnt matter if you are first or 8th..

Yes, you're right if we talking about draw for the next year CL. But if want to have a quick look at the performance over last 5 years it's very helpful. I'm no fan of Real but you have to say that they perform on the top consistently and hopefully Bayern reach the same level let's say in 2 or 3 years. Besides it's a lot of fun to watch that competition.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Too bad Sane or Höwedes didn't have a bit more luck on Tuesday :D
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Korab wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:Who cares about that ranking anyway, aslong as you are under the top 8 it doesnt matter if you are first or 8th..

Yes, you're right if we talking about draw for the next year CL. But if want to have a quick look at the performance over last 5 years it's very helpful. I'm no fan of Real but you have to say that they perform on the top consistently and hopefully Bayern reach the same level let's say in 2 or 3 years. Besides it's a lot of fun to watch that competition.

Excuse me? You just made me laugh big time.. Real performs on the top consistently and you want Bayern to reach their level in the next 2 or 3 years? Tha ****? Already forgot that Bayern was 3 times in the final since 2010.. won 1 final.. and was in last years semi final aswell?

Real winning last year excluded, where were they all those other years since they won it last in i believe 2002?

This list just proves how bullshit a list like that is.. 2010 last 16 exit real vs Lyon.. 2011 semi finals vs Barca exit 2012 vs Bayern semi finals exit 2013 against bvb semi finals exit and they won 2014.. And they are still ahead of us... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..
Ottomeister13

Postby Korab » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:
Korab wrote:

Excuse me? You just made me laugh big time.. Real performs on the top consistently and you want Bayern to reach their level in the next 2 or 3 years? Tha ****? Already forgot that Bayern was 3 times in the final since 2010.. won 1 final.. and was in last years semi final aswell?

Real winning last year excluded, where were they all those other years since they won it last in i believe 2002?

This list just proves how bullshit a list like that is.. 2010 last 16 exit real vs Lyon.. 2011 semi finals vs Barca exit 2012 vs Bayern semi finals exit 2013 against bvb semi finals exit and they won 2014.. And they are still ahead of us... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..

I'm glad you had good time man. We will see this year yet but for last 4 years Madrid lost 3 times in semis and won 1 time, Bayern won 1, lost 1 in final, 1 in semis and 1 in group stage, so lets say it's about even but what they count in are all other games in competition where Real was was in front over the years and even this year is in front.
I know they addiding stupid points for difficulty of the league which gives Real unfair advantage, but as you mentioned 2010 Real was listed then in 13 (84.951) place and Bayern in 6 (110.841) so over those few years they really were consistent and improving their ranking. In 2010 Lyon was not the same team as nowadays and was listed higher than Madrid in 10 spot.
Last edited by Korab on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

UEFA Coefficient Rankings

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:09 pm

The seeding has changed anyways and League Champions get put in Pot 1.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
ottackon wrote:Bayern pay the price of their early exit in 2011.

Ugh....rather not remember that CL tie vs Inter

Yes. That final in 2012 pales in comparison. Müller's ball spinning on top of the goal line, ETO's offside goal, Gomez's Chilena, Kraft's dismal second leg, the bar manager who almost kick me out for screaming. God that was painful.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AdepT » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:18 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:This list just proves how bullshit a list like that is.. 2010 last 16 exit real vs Lyon.. 2011 semi finals vs Barca exit 2012 vs Bayern semi finals exit 2013 against bvb semi finals exit and they won 2014.. And they are still ahead of us... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..

The same thought came to my mind when checked the lists out of curiosity. Here's another shocker :

Top Clubs by Period
2010-2014 - Real Madrid

Statistically the table is correct but boy, does it lie. :shock:

RM have always collected more wins in Group Stages and usually win their Rof16s. While we have drawing 1-2 GS and losing/drawing one of Rof16. A win gives you too many points. Last year's difference between RM's and our points are around 10 and currently it is 2 for this year.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Korab wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:
Korab wrote:I'm glad you had good time man. We will see this year yet but for last 4 years Madrid lost 3 times in semis and won 1 time, Bayern won 1, lost 1 in final, 1 in semis and 1 in group stage, so lets say it's about even but what they count in are all other games in competition where Real was was in front over the years and even this year is in front.
I know they addiding stupid points for difficulty of the league which gives Real unfair advantage, but as you mentioned 2010 Real was listed then in 13 (84.951) place and Bayern in 6 (110.841) so over those few years they really were consistent and improving their ranking. In 2010 Lyon was not the same team as nowadays and was listed higher than Madrid in 10 spot.

Ah well, let those statistic freaks jerk off on those Haha @ number 1... I couldnt care less about those stats.. That what counts is silverware.
Ottomeister13

Postby Korab » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:47 pm

I'm not really fan of Real at all but I don't think you just can dismiss those rankings as a total bullshit. It gives you some perspective.
Teams getting 2 points for a win and 1 for a tie, if they halved those points it would not change too much. Country points are a bit unjust and gives Real always around 1 point advantage at the end of year.
Rankings: 2010 - FCB 6, RM 13, 2011 - FCB 4, RM 7, 2012 FCB 4, RM 5, 2013 - FCB 2, RM 4, 2014 - FCB 3, RM 1, 2015 (as for now, it can change) FCB 3, RM 1.
Change in coef is not so fast that's why I said it will take 2 or 3 years (including this one). I can see I pissed off some Bayern fans but it was not the purpose of my post,just statistical info.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League