You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The other semifinal: Barcelona and Chelsea

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who do you think will go through?

Barcelona, by cheating
32%
Barcelona, with ease despite cheating
18%
Barcelona, fair and square
9%
Chelsea
41%

Total votes : 22

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Discuss here :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: The other semifinal: Barcelona and Chelsea

Postby FCB general » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 pm

I WANT US AND CHELSEA IN FINAL!!! 8)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby BayernLove » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:36 pm

MUTU wrote:Discuss here :)

You misspelled UEFAlona.
Back on topic, Torres is back on form, Drogba is always a beast despite form, and with AVB gone, I hope to see them in the final for an easier challenge.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Cathe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Barca, by cheating :twisted:

I'll be watching this match as it's being shown on ITV so I can watch it on the tv in my bedroom. (I have to watch Bayern CL matches at my uncles house because I don't have Sky Sports.)

Rooting for Chelsea of course, even though I don't really like either team. Though to be honest, if I couldn't watch it from my bed I probably wouldn't bother. I only go to the effort of streaming if I can't get it on TV for Bayern :P
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Re: Official UEFA Champions/Europa League discussion thread

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:16 am

MUTU wrote:Anyone NOT rooting for Chelsea tomorrow?

I don't want to be rude, but everyone is sick and tired of wathing these two, so called in my country, gipsy teams(Real and Barca because of their disgusting behaviour and bad examples on the field) in their El Simulateico where they demonstrate whole bunch of bul.lshi.ts.

Everybody wants to watch a real, clean and male football, not actors who are competing for Oscar in best simulating role ever. :roll:

So I will cheer and pray for a german-english final. [-o<
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Bilmuash » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 am

Probably Barca (as long as Ovrebo referees both legs :twisted: ).

Bilmuash
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:01 am

Come on, Drogba and Ribery are just as big divers as Biscuits and co.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:32 am

Personally, even if against Barca we have way less chances, I want them in the final, so if we beat them, no one can say anything as we would have beaten both best Spanish teams.

I know it is not the most logical conclusion (as a final vs Chelsea would be a lot easier), but I have one dream from the start of this year: Bayern beats Barca in final and Germany beats Spain in Euro so this media over-hyped about them stops somehow.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Bilmuash » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 am

AvatarX wrote:Personally, even if against Barca we have way less chances, I want them in the final, so if we beat them, no one can say anything as we would have beaten both best Spanish teams.

I always prefer the easiest path possible. If we win the whole thing, no one would care about the opponents we beat.

I can see Chelsea sneaking a victory today and then putting a lot of pressure on Barca for the 2nd leg.
Bilmuash
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 am

FCB general wrote:Everybody wants to watch a real, clean and male football, not actors who are competing for Oscar in best simulating role ever. :roll:

I guess Ribs is pretty unpopular there, right?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 am

tflags wrote:
FCB general wrote:Everybody wants to watch a real, clean and male football, not actors who are competing for Oscar in best simulating role ever. :roll:

I guess Ribs is pretty unpopular there, right?

Maybe... :D
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ballackfcb » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:58 pm

I hate chelsea for stealing Ballack away from bayern. :twisted: :evil:

So I hope barcalona go through then loose in the final v fcb
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby AdepT » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:38 pm

I wish Chelsea win and go through so that Bayern would have it easy in the final.
But then again I want them to defeat Uefalona before picking up the CL. (So I could say to Barcafans to just STFU)

So to be true, I don't care who wins as long as Bayern kicks their asses in the final.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:04 pm

AvatarX wrote:Personally, even if against Barca we have way less chances, I want them in the final, so if we beat them, no one can say anything as we would have beaten both best Spanish teams.

I know it is not the most logical conclusion (as a final vs Chelsea would be a lot easier), but I have one dream from the start of this year: Bayern beats Barca in final and Germany beats Spain in Euro so this media over-hyped about them stops somehow.

Best post I read in years: I also want those two things to happen 1) Bayern beats Farsalona in the UCL final, Germany beats Spain in the EURO's final.

I also believe this is the best way to stop the media hype around these two teams because Finals increase TV viewership to insane levels, it will make our players look extra-terrestrials if they are able to beat “the best team ever”, “ the best player in the world”, etc. I do not care if after that FIFA, UEFA and the media still give them all those symbolic vote based trophies knowing that we beat them on the pitch
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Nothing new in this article because this is the way Mourinho's Inter beat them two seasons ago but I also think of all the English teams Chelsea might be able to handle Farsalona. Chelsea is so much an underdog for this SF that I can see them very relaxed, executing a "wait and hit" plan without rush.

Hoddle: Pragmatic Blues can beat Barca
April 18, 2012

Former Chelsea boss Glenn Hoddle believes the Blues are the English team best equipped to beat Barcelona and has backed them to pull off a shock victory in their Champions League semi-final tie.

But Hoddle, who was at Chelsea in the mid-90s before going on to manage England and Tottenham, feels current boss Roberto Di Matteo will need to abandon the expansive attacking style his side showed against Tottenham in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final in order to claim a famous win against the reigning European champions.

"Of all the English teams capable of beating Barcelona, Chelsea have by far the best chance," Hoddle told ESPNsoccernet. "

"Manchester United and Arsenal would want to take them on at their own game, attack them with possession football and swift counter attacks. But none of that will work against this team, the best that there is at what they do.

"Chelsea have faired better against Barcelona in the past and the reason is that they have been far more pragmatic at times, and on this occasion they need to be that more so than ever before."

Hoddle advocates the use of a "basketball strategy" and claims Chelsea must not try to go toe-to-toe with Barca's renowned tiki-taka approach.

"For me, Chelsea need to retreat to their own half, within their own half-way semicircle and concede possession to Barcelona when they have the ball, and close down all available space within their own half," Hoddle said.

"It is like a basketball strategy, as soon as the opposition have possession the other team simply rush back to their defensive positions within their own half. The best way, in fact only effective way to play Barcelona is the way that Chelsea are equipped to do with Dider Drogba leading their attack.

"I would release Frank Lampard from any rigid defensive duties and when the ball is played long to Drogba to support him to try to find the knock downs and loose balls in and around their penalty area. If it doesn't work then Frank would retreat with the rest of the team the way they do in basketball.

"It might not be a very attractive way to play, but sometimes you need to forgo your philosophy so that the end justifies the means. Even at Stamford Bridge in the first leg, Chelsea need to be more direct."
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League