You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-17] Steaua Bucharest vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Steaua Bucharest will win
6%
The match will end in a draw
28%
Bayern Munich will win
67%

Total votes : 18

[2008-09-17] Steaua Bucharest vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Bayern open their Champions League campaign away at the weakest team in the group (at least on paper!), while Lyon and Fiorentina battle it out in the other match. This is a must-win match, since Bucharest are expected to lose most of their matches, and we need to gain some ground over one of our other rivals for the top 2 spots.

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-09-17] Steaua Bucharest vs Bayern Munich

Postby ballackfcb » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:41 pm

It will be 3-1 to bayern toni and ribery will win the game easily for Bayern. [-o<
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:14 pm

A tough and important match , Steaua is gonna play at the limit with the fans as their 12th man , however
Im optimistic ahead of this encounter , knowing that Ribery is probably gonna be back by then and we are starting to
get our form back :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm going to be optimistic and say Bayern will win, although we can certainly expect Bucharest to play at their very best.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:41 pm

This will be Toni's Champions League debut. I'm sure he'll be trying his best. And Ribery will want to prove something as well. I think we can expect Bayern to play with grit and determination.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Guard Dog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:44 pm

Steaua Bucuresti remind me a little of RBK when it comes to Champions League, and if I can remember - power clubs in non-major footballing countries (that's comparing to Germany, Italy, France, Spain, UK) have a tendency of catching a stronger club off-guard, like RBK winning 2-1 over Milan in 96/97.

Need to assert authority quick, and then preserve the lead. Have to be careful as a club like Bucuresti (some Hispanic influence in their squad) can spring by surprise and need to perform at a reasonable intensity, but not too much.
Jeremy Clarkson on the CCX: Koenigsegg say this is more comfortable but ... more comfortable than what? Being stabbed?

Proud New Worshipper of Die Bayern!
Guard Dog
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Yeah, we all remember Red Star last year...but that was UEFA Cup, I'm sure the players thought it would be a walkover. If they can't get fired up and play to the limit in the Champions League then they just need to quit. Obviously, that won't be the case. Not that this will be easy, Romanian football has been getting better every year and from what my Romanian friend tells me the crowd in Bucharest is INSANE. But I have faith in Il Bomber to have a good CL debut and lead us to victory!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Ribery has said that he wants to be in the squad for this game. As much as I want him back, I think they should have him as a sub for the last 20-30 minutes. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that rushing him back and risking injury IS NOT what we need if the team can pick up where they left off against Hertha. He'll be much more useful against Lyon when he's at or at least approaching 100%.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:02 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Ribery has said that he wants to be in the squad for this game. As much as I want him back, I think they should have him as a sub for the last 20-30 minutes. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that rushing him back and risking injury IS NOT what we need if the team can pick up where they left off against Hertha. He'll be much more useful against Lyon when he's at or at least approaching 100%.

Agreed. The last 15 mins or so should be enough to give him some match practice and confidence.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:21 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:Ribery has said that he wants to be in the squad for this game. As much as I want him back, I think they should have him as a sub for the last 20-30 minutes. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that rushing him back and risking injury IS NOT what we need if the team can pick up where they left off against Hertha. He'll be much more useful against Lyon when he's at or at least approaching 100%.

Thats the mistake they made with Altintop , they rushed him back on the pitch before he could fully recover from the injury , and
now Hamit is gonna be absent for 2 months because of that .
Lets hope they'll learn from their mistakes .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:31 pm

I think they've learned, Klinsmann said today that even though Franck wants to come back, he won't be in the squad for Steaua. I'm ok with that.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:57 am

MrLinky wrote:

Thats the mistake they made with Altintop , they rushed him back on the pitch before he could fully recover from the injury , and
now Hamit is gonna be absent for 2 months because of that .
Lets hope they'll learn from their mistakes .

They never learnt from their Zickler mistakes :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby mira » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:09 pm

I have two more tickets to Steaua-Bayern game for tommorow night. Who's interested please contact me at mihai.radoo@yahoo.com
mira
First post

Postby bm72 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:53 am

it'a a tricky match, steau are technically gifted, Bayern have to be on the guard, but I do have faith in the team. Bayern are slight favourites & will bag the 3 points.

I hope Klinsmann sticks to the 3:5:2 system !!!

HAIL BAYERN MUNCHEN !!!!!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Im abit worried after Roma's match. they lost to a team we never heared of too and at home.
This is a must win match for us we cant drop any points in the two matches against them, as the other 4 matches are a bit more complicated.
I dont wish bad on anyone but i hope van bommel gets injured for a long period as we are playing much better without him.
shwas55
I post all the time

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League