You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-17] Steaua Bucharest vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Steaua Bucharest will win
6%
The match will end in a draw
28%
Bayern Munich will win
67%

Total votes : 18

Re: [2008-09-17] Steaua Bucharest vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 am

MUTU wrote:Yes, I am taking a gamble predicting Podolski to start this match.
I also predict that Van Bommel will be yellow carded :lol:

Both of my predictions were wrong :( lol
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:55 am

MUTU wrote:Yes, I am taking a gamble predicting Podolski to start this match.
I also predict that Van Bommel will be yellow carded :lol:

Both of my predictions were wrong :( lol
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Guard Dog » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:46 am

YouTube highlights should appear soon.

Considering Cluj's upset over Roma, this is quite a promising sign if we played slightly average (and why would we put our strongest stocks and intensity on the line when it's not a Barcelona or Chelsea) and still earned a clean sheet and victory in the harsh Romanian territory?
Jeremy Clarkson on the CCX: Koenigsegg say this is more comfortable but ... more comfortable than what? Being stabbed?

Proud New Worshipper of Die Bayern!
Guard Dog
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby hans » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:44 am

1-0 fur bayern =D>
hans
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:10 am

I'm really liking the 3-5-2 and I wonder if Klinsmann is also gonna use it against stronger teams (I don't see why not). The good thing is that it is a very flexible system that allows for rapid, temporary transitions into other tactical systems (e.g. 4-4-2). The defense is solid by keeping the fullbacks in midfield. My question now is, how is this gonna change once Altintop and especially Ribery are back to business??? I can see Altintop competing with Lell. But how do we fit Ribery in this system? I mean he could take Schweini's place but IMO Ribery is better as a winger than a playmaker behind the strikers, which is sort of what Schweini has been playing.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:21 am

I remember reading somewhere that Ribery said he prefers playing centrally. Although that doesn't solve the puzzle really, obviously we need him on the pitch but as whose expense? Ze and Schweini seem to be doing just fine, maybe not today but other than that they've been good.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:22 am

Highlights available here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6sgqi ... yern_sport

It seems their goal was indeed legitimate. Having said that, Bayern deserved their win. Rensing didn't look good on a number of occasions, he was lucky to keep a clean sheet.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:53 am

MUTU wrote:It seems their goal was indeed legitimate.

I take this back. The referee was right in this situation and even the Romanians have given credit to the referee now.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby thulkazal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:43 am

bad that we didnt make 2:0 it would be so less stressing game

after all good game
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:It seems their goal was indeed legitimate.

I take this back. The referee was right in this situation and even the Romanians have given credit to the referee now.

I still see as legit. From the close up (not from the highlights), Rensing clearly was not holding the ball with his two hands but only one. He should have caught it immediatley but rather took his time. Also when he saved a shot with his foot which then hit the post he was complaining to Lucio. Many goalkeepers would have caught it and not get surprised. Many typical situations like that happen (especially when there are a bunch of players in front of you) but keepers just get down and catch it.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:38 pm

One hand on the ball is enough inside the small box.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby thirtyone » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:45 pm

A really good result considering the performance, we rode our luck massively. With a bit more pace and penetration up front we would have been out of sight, but even with Podolski on we looked lethargic going forward. It was dangerous to sit on that lead! I'd put Ribery up front just behind Toni when he's back because Klose and Poldi are struggling.

My MOTM was Lucio, very solid and really unlucky with that big run he went on.
thirtyone
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer was not shy to break out the superlatives after his side managed to take all three points from a very tricky Champions League opener away to Steaua Bucarest on Wednesday.

The fixture had all the makings of a banana skin, but Bayern showed grit, determination and cunning on the way to announcing their return to Europe's premier club competition after a year’s absence with a 1-0 win in front of a hostile crowd in the rain soaked Romanian capital.

“It’s an unbelievably important win because it’s something to build on," trumpeted Beckenbauer. "We performed well up to the break. Bayern were more lively and had much the better of the possession. We also created more chances, but the Romanians knew they had to do more in the second half, and they did more.

"Bayern had a few problems and slightly lost their shape. The Romanians had a couple of chances to equalise, but with a bit of luck on our side, we’ve held on to the end.“

Bayern sports director Uli Hoeneß was equally enthusiastic when he told the club's official website: “It’s a perfect start to our Champions League season. We’ve won away from home, while Lyon and Fiorentina have drawn, which is exactly what we wanted.

"We started very well and deserved the lead, but we failed to add a second and enjoyed a bit of luck with the odd shot off the post. But apart from that we deserved to win the game.“

Finally, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: “We wanted to give a good account of ourselves and avoid defeat, so we’re delighted we’ve ended up winning. We’re extremely happy with the result. We had more of the play and deserved to win, although we rode our luck with Steaua hitting the post twice.“
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:18 pm

MUTU wrote:One hand on the ball is enough inside the small box.

Really? Didn't know that. So outside the small box, the keeper has to hold the ball with his two hands so the player can't take it away from him ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:30 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:I remember reading somewhere that Ribery said he prefers playing centrally. Although that doesn't solve the puzzle really, obviously we need him on the pitch but as whose expense? Ze and Schweini seem to be doing just fine, maybe not today but other than that they've been good.

Ribery prefers playing on the left . :wink:
I think with the current players , a 4-2-3-1 would be a formation that would fit us very well .
Ze and VB as CM/DM , on the offensive midfield with Ribery on the left , Schweini in the middle ( where he prefers playing , a modern #10 kind of role)
and with Altintop/Sosa/Kroos on the right , and with just one attacker up front , knowing that our strikers arent doing that good right now except Toni .
I dont think we're ever gonna play this formation though cause I remember Klinsi saying that he always wants to have 2 attackers up front , and formations
with just one attacker are useless according to him .
Last edited by MrLinky on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League