You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-17] Steaua Bucharest vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Steaua Bucharest will win
6%
The match will end in a draw
28%
Bayern Munich will win
67%

Total votes : 18

Re: [2008-09-17] Steaua Bucharest vs Bayern Munich

Postby wadie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:31 pm

thank you... 8)
wadie
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby garrone » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:15 pm

And the team who beat Roma is CFR Cluj and is from Romania like Steaua Bucharest, and CFR CLUJ are weaker then Steaua!!! I`m Worry too
garrone
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:38 pm

garrone wrote:And the team who beat Roma is CFR Cluj and is from Romania like Steaua Bucharest, and CFR CLUJ are weaker then Steaua!!! I`m Worry too

Hi garrone, welcome to the forum =D>
Seeing that you're from Romania, are you a Bayern fan or a Steaua fan?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm predicting this formation:

Rensing - Demichelis, Lucio, Van Buyten - Lahm, Ze Roberto, Van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, Oddo - Podolski, Toni.

Yes, I am taking a gamble predicting Podolski to start this match.
I also predict that Van Bommel will be yellow carded :lol:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:34 pm

i like your formation MUTU, lets just hope van bommel isnt playing, (i would start borowski in his place), or if he plays i hope he gets red carded in the last min and then off to therapy again for 3 weeks i really dont want him to play in the bremen match.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:52 pm

If Van Bommel doesn't play this match, I think it's safe to say that Lucio is our captain. Which would be fine by me. To be fair to Van Bom though, he hasn't played in this 3-5-2 yet, so he might fit in just fine. The 5-man midfield really suits us.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Finally after a year in the "loser-cup" we're back where we belong .
I'm optimistic ahead of this match , the whole team is looking motivated .
The formation is probably gonna be 3-5-2 again , with VB instead of Ottl and maybe Oddo instead of Lell .
I'm hoping for a good start and a three-pointer , doesnt really matter if its 3-0 and beautiful football or a boring 1-0 win , we just need the first 3 points ahead
of the difficult encounter vs. Lyon .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:03 pm

we scored 1-0 van buyten
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby fcb 4eva » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Finished 1-0, good solid win and a clean sheet away from home :)

----------------------------

FCB 4EVA :D
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 pm

we won, we didnt play great especially in the 2nd half, but we got the 3 points and thats all that matter for now i guess
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby fcb 4eva » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:48 pm

always difficult going to these kinds of places, so to come out with a win and a clean sheet isnt a bad return in my eyes :)
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:55 pm

First half was ok, second less so. We never really looked threatened other than that bizarre mix-up where Rensing dropped the ball and somehow the ref ruled their goal out...but we didn't make that many great chances in the second half either, except that one where Toni should've done better. I'm happy enough with 3 points on the board though, Lyon and Fiorentina drew 2-2 so we're already in a good position. If we can beat Bremen this weekend then we're officially in business!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:57 pm

CL we're back ! :)
A solid game , which we should have decided earlier , had a couple of chances that should have led to the 2-0 and a more calm final 10 minutes .
Anyway , Demichelis once again the best player in my opinion , Schweinsteiger was really good as well .
Now we can look ahead to the home match against Lyon a bit more relaxed and with more confidence .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:16 pm

I have to say that Bucharest's goal was legit. Rensing was not holding onto the ball with his two hands. Anyway, 2 posts saved our day. Mediocre performance for me especially in the second half. They came out unmotivated after the first half. Were was that feeling of being 'fired up after a 1 year absence from the CL?' Also the goal came from a set piece and not from open play. But the most important thing is that we got 3 points :!: :!: :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:50 am

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch this match because I had a birthday party of a close friend.
I've found a video of the goal though: http://www.tvgolo.com/football.php?suba ... =&ucat=50&
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League