You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-10-18] SSC Napoli vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:16 pm

SSC Napoli will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
17%
Bayern Munich will win
83%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2011-10-18] SSC Napoli vs Bayern Munich

Postby CroCHEF » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:14 am

again you start with Gomiss... how many goals he core this year.... he is SECOND best player so far in Castrol world ranking.
He made that penalty (50% refs dont call penalty for that, because player cover his head)... #-o
i know it, when they have bad game (they didnt play bad, look at notes on all sport sites) you will attack them and start to spit on Gomez or other player... Real(not club) fans will never do that) sorry but its true... Napoli is hard game away...
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 am

AvatarX wrote:At least - looking from a positive perspective- we are still on our unbeaten run for 13 games, with 11 wins and 2 draws.

... with a bunch of injured players.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 am

Ok, Bayern never got the win last night, but it was another imperious performance from the team. They should have won this game, and if it wasn't for a bit of bad luck from Badstuber, it would have been a comfortable victory.

Another game undefeated and another game closer to the Champions League final.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:03 pm

It has to be said that Hoffenheim outplayed us and earned their draw (and might've earned more), but this game... meh...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Tabacko » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:48 pm

I didn`t like refer, napoli was playing too hard on our players. Thank god nobody was injured ! I was pissed off at ref all the time. Why didnt schwaini take a panalty? Or Ribery?

But 1:1 is oky score. Now home games are coming so thats gonna be fun :D
Tabacko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I don't understand why people are saying the Italians were too hard on the team...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:04 pm

This game was always going to be hard...

I expected to be more equal but we were better than them and for some 70-80 minutes our players wanted that win but somehow everyone got comfortable with a draw after that.

Napoli had their moments after they went 1 goal down but they really couldnt do anything besides eagerly trying to pump the ball into box and hope for a lucky goal...and that happened eventually.
I dont blame Badstuber...every player would react like that.
Lahm was probably the one to be blamed as he was getting caught out of position on numerous occasions. I cant tell you why this happened because we can witness something like this happening every 2-3 years.

We owned the midfield we got them where we wanted them through whole 90 minutes.

Just look at the stats:

1 Goals scored 1
0 Attempts on target 5
2 Attempts off target 5
4 Corners 5

And I think we had 55% of possession to 45% of Napoli.

The moment the referee awarded us a penalty I knew we wont score because it really wasnt a penalty...and I am not sure if I really wanted a penalty like that given to us...so I am somehow not sad about not scoring it.
If I were a coach I would use Kroos or Muller to take penalties when Robben is out injured...dont know why but I think that Kroos has the most precise PK.

All in all our guys gave us a good performance and I am not judging any of them...But I am little sad about Jupp not introducing Olic, Rafinha or Gustavo earlier because some of our players were really exhausted and we could have won this game.

Let's hope we trash them at AA in 2 weeks...that would show that they were just lucky:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Guys cheer up. We are still in first. I know it's disappointing to draw and also to concede a goal, but that goal had to come sooner or later. 1-1 away at Napoli is a good result. Actually it's a great result. We didn't play well and were still the best team on the pitch against what is arguably the best team in Italy.

Besides, as mentioned, we clearly were satisfied with a draw. If we had wanted to win, Jupp would have put in Olic in at some point and he would also have probably put in Alaba much earlier. I wanted him to do that because I really wished to win the game, but I can understand him. Napoli might have had 0 shots on goal, but they got close to our goal many times. Our defense was tested a lot. I guess Jupp didn't want to risk sacrificing any defense in favor of offense. Remember that had we lost Napoli would have overtaken us.

We now have 2 home games, and just one away game against a team that hasn't been good in Europe so far. I think we will win all the last three games.

PS. Don't worry guys, we still have many years in which we can break that record. It's even still possible this season. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:09 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:The moment the referee awarded us a penalty I knew we wont score because it really wasnt a penalty

Exactly. Schweini had a similar handball in the first half and the ref did not give them a PK. It was quite unfair.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:13 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Lahm was probably the one to be blamed as he was getting caught out of position on numerous occasions. I cant tell you why this happened because we can witness something like this happening every 2-3 years.

Well I can. Compare the mindedness of the left flank to the right flank. Müller tracks back a whole lot more than Ribery, Tymo plays a whole lot deeper than Schweini. And this against a team that loves wing play. Basically the domino effect goes like this - Ribery->Lahm->Badstuber. Ribery didn't track back, Lahm was overwhelmed when covering two players at once, so when the inevitable cross came in, Badstuber had difficulty dealing with them.

The team defends as an unit. I'm sure those were Jupp's words at half time. Ribery's been improving, but he still doesn't cover Lahm's flank enough. But it's not a really big problem, the only team we're going to meet that is this reliant on wing play is... Napoli, in the return leg. The 3-4-3 confused the hell out of our players.

Hmh, look at this from Zonal Marking.

At the very first glance it is obvious that either Hamsik or Maggio would have to be diligently covered by either Schweini or Ribery respectively. Schweini played high up, basically dueling with Inler, so Ribery was left with the duty of marking Maggio, and he didn't do it. Our winger pairing is great, but not a good option against a team with wingbacks, and DEFINITELY not a good option when trying to hold a draw against a team with wingbacks.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:25 pm

BTW surprised no one mentioned it, but Napoli will be without Cannavaro in Munich :D
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:BTW surprised no one mentioned it, but Napoli will be without Cannavaro in Munich :D

Not saying that we can't win anyway if he plays, but he is by far their best defender so it should be more straightforward for us
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:BTW surprised no one mentioned it, but Napoli will be without Cannavaro in Munich :D

Good. What happened? Do you have a source?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:01 pm

tflags wrote:Good. What happened? Do you have a source?

As far as I know, misses next match because of yellow cards.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:04 pm

Yeah he got a second yellow card
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League