You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-02-25] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Sporting Lisbon will win
12%
It will end in a draw
35%
Bayern Munich will win
53%

Total votes : 17

[2008-02-25] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:36 pm

The Champions League is back! We rode our luck in the draws for the last 16 by being pitted against arguably the weakest team we could have met. Let's hope our players won't be over-confident and it comes back to haunt us! They're currently 4th place in the league, on equal points to Leixões.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-02-25] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich

Postby thulkazal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:50 pm

i just got in my thought "NEVER AGAIN ZENIT !!!"
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:38 pm

I predict draw or little win! It is neccesary to score away goal/goals! My prediction- Lisbon 1-2 Bayern!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 pm

It's tough to say how this will go...last time around against them we got 1-0 away but 0-0 at home, which is way less comfortable than I'm hoping for this time around. I'm taking some comfort from the fact that our team is much better now than it was then (fall 2006), but judging from Sporting's long history of producing great talents, I'm sure they're not much worse off themselves. I think most people already have Bayern in the quarters, and I agree, AS LONG AS we don't act too cocky, like Mutu said. If we fall into that trap, anything is possible. [-X
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:03 pm

I'd like to see Bayern play more of a defensive formation in this match.Sporting are going into this match with a lot of confidence , having beaten Porto in the Portuguese Cup as well as Benfica last night (Liedson scored 2 goals :? ) , while we on the other hand , have lost 3 out of our 4 first matches in the BL.

I'd fancy something like this:

--------------Rensing---------------
--Oddo--Lucio---Micho/vB--Lahm
--------MvB-----Ottl------Ze--------
----------------Ribery----------------
----------Klose------Toni------------
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:26 pm

I havent seen sporting play this season, but Portuguese teams all play the same type of football, depending on quick counter attacks, the same type of football we are struggling with at the moment.
Tactics have to change or this match could turn ugly for us.
Lets hope the team can get over this form slump, and can get something out of this game.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Great idea, Linky! But I think we could try Breno as RB, he is better than Oddo in defence!!!!! Ribery in CAM? Good, but I still predict him going on wings to play with Lahm and Ze! Ottl and MvB? Not bad ;) In this match[in Lisbon] we could try not to concede much goals and on Allianz Arena we should decide this pair and win them playing offensive!!

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby thulkazal » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:10 pm

we should rly try breno as RB but ... from this forum in klinsi ears
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

I usually try to be optimistic, but I don't see us winning this one. If we finally play to our potential we're good but that seems a loooong way off. I like the Christmas-tree formation idea, but I don't think Ottl will get the start, even though as I've always said I prefer him to Van Bommel. Schweini or Altintop are more likely. In fact, I doubt we'll even go away from 4-4-2. If we can get some men back and just show them who's boss with some physicality, I think we could do some damage regardless of what system we use or who starts. But will that happen? Probably not.

These next two games are crucial to how Bayern's season will develop...good thing they're in Lisbon and Bremen! :?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:29 pm

I voted that we will win... its just habit I guess. Usually I would say no problem. But as our form of late I am a bit nerve wracked and probably wont sleep much the night before the match.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:38 pm

Tomas wrote:I voted that we will win... its just habit I guess. Usually I would say no problem. But as our form of late I am a bit nerve wracked and probably wont sleep much the night before the match.

Me too, but my prediction is 2:2! :D Funny!

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:16 pm

A draw with a couple of goals for both sides would definitely be a big advantage for the 2nd leg.I think if we manage to get a decent result out of this first match , the 2nd one at home would be a lot easier with the fans behind the back.The atmosphere is always fantastic in the Allianz-Arena in CL matches.

This match and the one away at Bremen , is gonna be giving a clear direction to which way our season is heading.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Uh oh... Sporting beat Benfica in the weekend. I'm starting to get worried... we are really in bad form at the moment. Let's hope it all clicks together on Wednesday.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby thulkazal » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:43 pm

well lets hope that bommel work nice and our right side be more agile ...
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 am

MrLinky wrote:
I'd fancy something like this:

--------------Rensing---------------
--Oddo--Lucio---Micho/vB--Lahm
--------MvB-----Ottl------Ze--------
----------------Ribery----------------
----------Klose------Toni------------

I wouldnt leave Schweinsteiger out against any Portuguese team :)
shwas55
I post all the time

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League