You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-02-25] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Sporting Lisbon will win
12%
It will end in a draw
35%
Bayern Munich will win
53%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2008-02-25] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich

Postby KieranD » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:06 pm

man u had a good season but overall this time they are just better than liverpool and chelsea, they arnt scoring like they used to and defensively without vidic :lol: LULZ

i hope Inter win infact im confident inter will win, an inter bayern final would make me wet my pants other than that if inter get put out i hope we get man u and thrash them rotten
i dont want barca tho good luck to lyon i respect that team coming up from nothing to domination in france but man tough time for them i think

an athletico game would be interesting or liverpool or chelsea just to prove bayern are still one of the best in europe and that england isnt godly
KieranD
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 pm

even though i would like to get revenge against manu... having all the epl teams knocked out early would be good too. show the rest of the world how over-rated the epl is.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:47 am

EPL is not overrated they just sold their clubs to foreign owners and lost its identety...but they still have a lot of top clubs that are playing good in CL...look at last year and this year CL:)

Mark my words...save this post to your computer:)...and see it after 2-3 years...

MAN UTD and other big guns will fall because of financial crisis!
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:29 pm

I think the top 4 in EPL are undoubtedly among the top 10 clubs in the world, with Man U being top 3 and some of the others cracking the top 5. The rest of the EPL IS overrated though, probably just as much as the Bundesliga is underrated. Let me put it this way: which would you rather watch, Stuttgart v Schalke, or Wigan v Fulham? And of those four teams, who would do better in Europe?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:22 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:EPL is not overrated they just sold their clubs to foreign owners and lost its identety...but they still have a lot of top clubs that are playing good in CL...look at last year and this year CL:)

Mark my words...save this post to your computer:)...and see it after 2-3 years...

MAN UTD and other big guns will fall because of financial crisis!

Lost their identity?! That has nothing to do with being over rated. Here is why they are over rated: They have great marketing but their style of play and outcome is severely lacking... especially this year. The EPL is painful to watch. Their football used to be fast and sometimes still is but there technical side is and always has been absent. This is being over rated.

The only reason Man U would fall is because of Fergie retiring and the club cnot being able to find a suitable coach for them... financially speaking I dont think that will happen otherwise that would have already happened. As for Chelsea or Liverpool... youre probably right on that. Man U has a great youth program to dip into... the others not so good.

ManU to me are the only ones to worry about. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal.... I have said it many times and Ill say it again, they are VERY inconsistent in their play and havent done anything in the past several years. Arsenal I dont even worry about them. They are just barely a top 4 club year after year and the only thing they are consistent at is choking out.

This is why Bundesliga and Serie A have much larger attendances. The teams as a whole play much better football and the leagues are better as a whole.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:34 pm

This is why Bundesliga and Serie A have much larger attendances.

Serie A, really ? :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Laugh all you want numbers dont lie. Bundesliga was top, serie A was second the EPL was third and La Liga was 4th.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Tomas wrote:Laugh all you want numbers dont lie. Bundesliga was top, serie A was second the EPL was third and La Liga was 4th.

Figures for this season, according to espn:

German Bundesliga - Unofficial Average Attendance: 41,586
English Premier League - Unofficial Average Attendance: 35,519
Spanish Primera División - Unofficial Average Attendance: 28,029
Italian Serie A - Unofficial Average Attendance: 24,927
French Ligue 1 - Unofficial Average Attendance: 20,523
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tomas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:25 pm

My cousin brought out a figure list from some European mag which was similar but Serie A was at like 38,000+.... oh well doesnt matter... BUNDESLIGA IS STILL BETTER!!!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:33 pm

Dunno about that.

Last season attendances, again according to espn:

German Bundesliga - Unofficial Average Attendance: 43,679
English Premier League - Unofficial Average Attendance: 36,076
Spanish Primera División - Unofficial Average Attendance: 28,920
Italian Serie A - Unofficial Average Attendance: 25,115
French Ligue 1 - Unofficial Average Attendance: 23,298

Seems all leagues have had lower attendances up to now. That's probably down to it getting more interesting towards the end (thus would increase attendances) plus the global crisis might be having its toll.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:41 am

Are u kidding Serie A has low attendance...I watched few games live in Italy...and if i am correct only game that is sold out is Milano derby and Milan teams against Juve and sometimes against Roma...and Roman derby...and Napoli games are sometimes sold out...and that is it:)...have you seen San Siro when Milan is playing Catania?..it's like you watch 4th bundesliga match:D

as for EPL match attendance....it is really great...but dont forget they dont have large stadiums only ones that have is Man Utd and Arsenal...others have less than 50.000 seats...and I belive if they had bigger stadiums they would be first on that list.

Back to top4 EPL clubs...

I think they will fall due to financial crisis...Man utd just wont be able to pay their depth...they [Glazer family that owns Man Utd] signed a loan contract with some investment company in US...they need to pay all of their depth until 2011!...that is over 700 mil €...and they have 10% interests...so they pay over 70 mil € interests / year...and they wont be able to pay that...maybe they would but not now with world economy getting worse...and dont forget that pound lost its value.

Another club in depth is Liverpool....their depth is like 60% of clubs value!!!

I wont say they all will fall but they will be next Lazio, Leeds,...
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Tomas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:02 pm

This whole failing of financial crisis is almost a non-issue. Do you really think that these investors will force these clubs to pay by the deadline? No way! If they try that they will only get a small percentage of their money back. What will happen is they will renegotiate their contracts so they get most, if not all, of their money back as soon as possible. To strip a club like Manu or Liverpool all of their spending would be to create just another bottom of the table club. Then they will lose shirt sales, ticket sales, and the rest of their fan-ware sales, therefore creating a losing club that will not bring in nearly as much money as they once did. What good is that to the investors. What most likely will happen is these investors will reign in the clubs spending and just give them enough money to buy decent players to keep things going. I seriously dont think any of the major clubs are going to fail due to financial crisis. Most of them will tighten their belts and sell off some of their over inflated paid players but I seriously doubt these investors will sink a ship and lose millions just to make a point.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:48 pm

im not sure whether this defense is a good idea, butt, lell, van buyten, lucio and lahm. Our defense is already so weak, imagine some early goals and they might still be able to do it.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm

YESS PODOLSKI!!!
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:54 pm

aggregate 6-0 ^^ Ive only seen that in FIFA09 :P :P
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League