You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-02-25] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Sporting Lisbon will win
12%
It will end in a draw
35%
Bayern Munich will win
53%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2008-02-25] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich

Postby Tomas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:09 pm

For the 2 people who voted that Sporting would win....SHAME ON YOU!!! [-X [-X [-X

Hopefully this left a bad taste in your mouth and you have learned your lesson!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Ok after I saw all that positive comments about team I would ask someone did anyone watch first 42 min ? Ok we owned them in 2nd half after they was losing 3:0 it was easy game.Ruthless we had it in this game from like 7 chances 5 goals nice
But rly I don't think we can pass Liverpool or Barcelona if we avoid them we can go on.On that first half we had luck that Sporting didn't maded goal it would destroyed us,our counterattacks worked rly great Ribery had so much running channels
After all nice they say LUCK FALLOW THE BRAVE and Best

One more good thing in this game was: Bommel he didnt made shit and he kinda worked nice with our defence hope he can keep it but dont think he will able to stop some bigger players

Anyway this remind me on last year Uefa we won 5:0 passed in next round magical Getafe and then we got kicked out by big result defeat i would happy to see bayern in semi of CL.Anyway Bayern have one more year building squad for CL,this one can win it too with a bit "luck" in draw's
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tomas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:47 pm

I would say that the first 30' wasnt that great. But after that we warmed up and I think after the first goal, we owned the match, not after the third. Even though Sporting had some chances our defense was too strong. If our defense consistently play the way they did yesterday we would be on top of Bundesliga with several points in between us and second place. 8)

Regarding MVB, in my opinion I dont think he is all that he is hyped up to be. Almost everytime he is on the pitch he makes dangerous plays which get him a yellow. I consider Lahm, Lucio and possible VanB to be better defensive players. Im not a huge MVB fan and never was. I still dont see how he was made captn. #-o

Regardless... to me the only teams I dont feel comfortable about YET is ManU and Barca. Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool (as far as EPL teams) are NOTHING special. Liverpool without Gerard is barely clinging on as is Arsenal and Chelsea. They are very inconsistent. And yes I know Sporting is probably the weakest team in the 16 but if we were to play against any EPL teams, except ManU, right now I would say that we would be victorious if we played like we did yesterday... everyone, players and coaches, on the same page. I am hoping the both Lyon and Inter take care of business and drop both ManU and Barca out of competition... but I dont think there would be a better match than Bayern and ManU in the final! I want revenge so badly!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:28 pm

i think we gonna play in quater with villareal and we GONNA pass but like with getafe dunno still my first wish is real madrid but they wont beat liverpool i know that xD

about final hell ye Man utd and WE score same like they did haha xD
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:52 pm

I think we shouldn't underestimate any team, all are good and I think all can beat us :|
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Tomas » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:03 pm

As we can beat any of them... there is no point to this argument. I dont think we are underestimating any team in the CL. These teams, like us, are in the 16 for a reason. One thing for sure is you cannot go into a match with a defeatist attitude. This is just as bad as going into a match with an underestimating attitude.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Totally agree. Also, is good that with this result all the other teams will see us different, especially solid ones like Barcelona and ManU.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:32 pm

shileno wrote:Totally agree. Also, is good that with this result all the other teams will see us different, especially solid ones like Barcelona and ManU.

I think we should better show low results, but somehow reach semifinals, opponents would underestimate us and we would go to the final :D But I think it is unreal, because it is not real to underestimate your opponent in CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI FINAL! :D

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm

When you're in the quarter-final of the biggest club competition of the world , you can't afford to underestimate anyone and our players won't do that mistake even if we get someone like Porto or Panathinaikos.

I gotta say it's good to see the eyes of Europe on Bayern once again.Winning 5-0 away at a stage like this in the CL attracts attention , Sporting's coach Paulo Bento even claimed that we're big contestants for the title.

BTW:Anybody saw that Werder managed to kick AC Milan out of the UEFA-Cup.Very good job , it's not easy to fight your way back into the game when you're losing 2-0 at the "San Siro".Probably gonna give them a big confidence boost for the match on Sunday. :|
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 am

MrLinky wrote:When you're in the quarter-final of the biggest club competition of the world , you can't afford to underestimate anyone and our players won't do that mistake even if we get someone like Porto or Panathinaikos.

I gotta say it's good to see the eyes of Europe on Bayern once again.Winning 5-0 away at a stage like this in the CL attracts attention , Sporting's coach Paulo Bento even claimed that we're big contestants for the title.

BTW:Anybody saw that Werder managed to kick AC Milan out of the UEFA-Cup.Very good job , it's not easy to fight your way back into the game when you're losing 2-0 at the "San Siro".Probably gonna give them a big confidence boost for the match on Sunday. :|

Wasnt that just incredible?! Coming back at San Siro... nothing short of amazing! This is why Bundesliga is number 1 to me... too bad the rest of the world doesnt see it my way!! 8)
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:20 am

MrLinky wrote:BTW:Anybody saw that Werder managed to kick AC Milan out of the UEFA-Cup.Very good job , it's not easy to fight your way back into the game when you're losing 2-0 at the "San Siro".Probably gonna give them a big confidence boost for the match on Sunday. :|

Finally some justice against the italians! Bremen owned both games an should have won both. I hate Italian soccer, even a team like Milan with all their stars plays a defensive game and relies on counterattacks even against a team that on paper is inferior like Bremen.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby reiniksrobis » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:48 am

Werder draw[worth a win] was incredible, but I watched Galatasaray 4-3 Bordo, fantastic game and I turned to Marseille penalty shootout in middle of second half at Turkey! But Werder was amazing. I think it is bad for us! :( They have confidience, we have confidience, this game could go either way!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shpati_L1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:41 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:Werder draw[worth a win] was incredible, but I watched Galatasaray 4-3 Bordo, fantastic game and I turned to Marseille penalty shootout in middle of second half at Turkey! But Werder was amazing. I think it is bad for us! :( They have confidience, we have confidience, this game could go either way!

They have confidence , we have confidence , we got the quality and we are going to win it!!
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Tomas wrote:Regardless... to me the only teams I dont feel comfortable about YET is ManU and Barca. Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool (as far as EPL teams) are NOTHING special. Liverpool without Gerard is barely clinging on as is Arsenal and Chelsea. They are very inconsistent. And yes I know Sporting is probably the weakest team in the 16 but if we were to play against any EPL teams, except ManU, right now I would say that we would be victorious if we played like we did yesterday... everyone, players and coaches, on the same page. I am hoping the both Lyon and Inter take care of business and drop both ManU and Barca out of competition... but I dont think there would be a better match than Bayern and ManU in the final! I want revenge so badly!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Even if they are the weakest team in the last 16, Sporting were still capable of reaching the last 16 in the CL, and let's face it, they've been playing great lately. Winning 5-0 away against them was something amazing, and I agree with you that with the performance we showed on Wednesday, we could have beaten ANY team, even if it wasn't by that amount of goals.

As for the Bayern-Man. Utd. final... it's been exactly 10 years, it's time we get revenge.

About Werder knocking out Milan: It came at a bad time for Bayern, seeing as we're about to play them in the Bundesliga, but I'm honestly happy that our bogey team is out of the UEFA Cup and that they didn't make it as far as we did last year. :) Also, despite it being Bremen that knocked them out, I'm happy that it was a German club.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote: Also, despite it being Bremen that knocked them out, I'm happy that it was a German club.

This was my point. I want Bundesliga to show well in both CL and Uefa... I just want us to show better!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League