You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-10-18] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich [V]

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:47 am

Sporting Lisbon win
15%
Draw
31%
Bayern Munich win
54%

Total votes : 13

[2006-10-18] Sporting Lisbon vs Bayern Munich [V]

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:47 am

It's a game with a lot of importance for Sporting. They want to get as many points as they can get so as not to have Inter breathing down their necks. I'm thinking they will be more fired up than us.
Last edited by MUTU on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mirage » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:41 pm

After that lose to Wolfsburg I'm petrified, but I think we can scrape a win. 1-0 maybe.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:55 pm

Not too sure with this one. I'm disloyal, voted Sporting win, but they have a lot more to gain than we do.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:21 pm

Sporting is needed the 3 points more than us, and if we`re gonna play away! I think the draw is enough, even though I really wish we could take the full 3 points, but I guess it would be a very tough match... :twisted:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:32 am

the group standings be4 the match against sporting

1.Bayern 6p
2.Sporting 4p
3.Spartak 1p
4.Inter 0p

a draw away at lisbon will be great :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:38 am

If we beat Sporting, we'd be doing a favour to Inter.

The best way to help Sporting would be for us to lose against them in the next match. Inter is likely to get the 6 points off of Spartak Moscow which would mean they would (if we let Sporting win) be just 1 point less than Sporting. Once that's done, Inter would probably beat Sporting and lose against us. But at the last matchday, Sporting would probably beat Spartak.

So the league table would end up like this:
Bayern 15 points
Sporting 10 points
Inter 9 points
Spartak 1 point
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayern_rox » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:14 pm

MUTU wrote:If we beat Sporting, we'd be doing a favour to Inter.

The best way to help Sporting would be for us to lose against them in the next match. Inter is likely to get the 6 points off of Spartak Moscow which would mean they would (if we let Sporting win) be just 1 point less than Sporting. Once that's done, Inter would probably beat Sporting and lose against us. But at the last matchday, Sporting would probably beat Spartak.

So the league table would end up like this:
Bayern 15 points
Sporting 10 points
Inter 9 points
Spartak 1 point

I do not have a very good feeling about this match.....Bayerns away form this season has been pretty scrappy....I would be pretty happy with a draw....And our main aim should be topping the group...Doesnt matter who comes second....
bayern_rox
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:32 am

This is in a week's time now. I don't think a loss would be a terrible result for us. Sure, we'd lose first place, but if we can win all our matches then we'd not only top the group, but probably Sporting Lisbon will end up 2nd, and we'd eliminate Inter from the CL. That would be terrific.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mirage » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:52 pm

MUTU wrote:This is in a week's time now. I don't think a loss would be a terrible result for us. Sure, we'd lose first place, but if we can win all our matches then we'd not only top the group, but probably Sporting Lisbon will end up 2nd, and we'd eliminate Inter from the CL. That would be terrific.

I can't see Inter pulling it back to be honest, not now lol.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:28 pm

I can. They will win both matches against Moscow, and then they're at home to Sporting Lisbon (so they should win). Then it's also possible for them to beat Bayern in Munich, especially if Bayern would have already been certain of first place in the group... in this case Bayern might take it a bit easy and Inter would have a lot at stake.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bavarian » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:20 pm

its really hard test ..if they play against sporting such ashertha ..i think our team will win 1/0 ...good luck
bavarian
Getting the hang of it

Postby tracylynn » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:25 pm

The one thing about sports is that anything can happen, and so for me I think Bayern has to win this game. If they can't win the game then a draw will be fine but not a lost. IMO, a lost can sit into motion a chain of events that can be quite bad, and I think Inter themselves has realized this. So, it's better to be safe then sorry. Get those points now and be ahead of the pack.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:10 pm

wE WONT Lose...for sure... :lol:
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:24 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:wE WONT Lose...for sure... :lol:

I'm quite positive now too ^^
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:31 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:wE WONT Lose...for sure... :lol:

Well, we've never lost in Portugal, but it's not to say that we won't. Sporting Lisbon have a very tight defence. They've let in just 1 goal this season, in the Champions League away to Spartak Moscow on synthetic turf...

Let me put it this way, if we lose it's no disaster. It would be more of a disaster for Inter, because it will make it much harder for Inter to qualify from this group.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League